• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

Save us, Mr Bone

CunsYtdUEAASNnJ.jpg

Teggy

Trump took down PoliGAF!

AJ Delgado is getting dragged to hell on Twitter.

Also

Liz Mair
Liz Mair‏ @LizMair

By the way, the two really, really bad stories I mentioned would soon be dropping still haven't actually dropped.

Veelk

Banned
Trump took down PoliGAF!

AJ Delgado is getting dragged to hell on Twitter.

Also

Rand Paul's former staffer says much worse is to come:

https://twitter.com/LizMair/status/786418574394920960

Jesus FUCKING christ, I cannot wait for this goddamn election to be over.

I'm glad Hillary is gonna win, but anyone with a shred of decency and empathy like me is just getting hammered over and over by all this shit. It's so draining to have to be offended and disgusted over and over again.

Alexandra Jaffe ‏@ajjaffe 10m10 minutes ago

NEWS: Trump campaign planning to pull out of VA, sources tell NBC News, announcement made on conference call tonight w/victory staff

chadskin

Won't this be about as effective as Beyonce demanding her super bowl picture be taken off the internet?

Unless he can smear the judge, there's about zero chance he could win a lawsuit. Trump would need to prove the NYT knew the story of the women was false. Nigh impossible.

Vahagn

Trump Campaign: "Hillary demonized and attacked accusers!!!!"

*Flood of women accuse Trump*

Trump campaign (2 days later): "LYING WHORES!!!"

Bye.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/paul-ryan-donald-trump-house-republicans-229716

Speaker Paul Ryan told top donors on Wednesday evening that he’s growing concerned about whether House Republicans will be able to weather the political storm this November — and suggested the outcome for his party could be dire.

During a conference call, Ryan said he believed that House Republicans had taken a serious hit amid Donald Trump’s freefall following release of the now-infamous "Access Hollywood" video, according to a person who was on the call. Ryan noted that Republicans lost more than 20 seats in 2008, when John McCain lost to Barack Obama by seven percentage points. By comparison, Ryan pointed out grimly, Trump is trailing by around 10 percent nationally.

Man I went to /r/the_donald for some schadenfraude, but the delusion is amazing over there. They are convinced that the podesta stuff is just destroying Clinton right now, and a really obvious fake of podestas emails have trump up in CO (fucking lol).

Best of all, based off a 4chan post and the word of Cernovitch (gamergate/diazepam conspiracy/ trouser snake oil salesman (not a joke)) that the 33k missing emails will be dumped in November and WILL indict Clinton... and Obama!

Like holy shit are they grasping at obvious bs.

Vahagn

I can't believe that tonight happened. I can't believe the weekend happened. Just imagine tomorrow... wtf did the GOP let loose.

Dude. The moment he said on the debate stage (after refusing to answer the question 4 times) that he didn't ever grope women...THE MOST PREDICTABLE thing on earth was going to be tonight.

Ithil

Threatening to sue and demanding it be retracted means absolutely everyone is going to see the article and all the news shows will be covering it.

Does he have a lobotomized dog advising him?

Slacker

A reporter posted a series of tweet about how this kind of story is vetted that is pretty interesting. Here's the compiled version (everything after the line is him).

--------------

travis lupick @tlupick

Tonight a buddy told me #Trump is despicable, but the women who came out today are lying. Here's what's wrong with that, I told him...

The women who came today are not lying, & here's how I know that. Because if they were quoted in the NYT today, here's what's happened.

NOTE: this is the perspective of the journalist - not the women. I'm relaying what likely occurred from the reporter's perspective.

1st, I assess claims for myself. Asking same Qs diff ways, & asking for corroboration. (Note NYT story emphasized women told friends.)

2nd, I bring an editor in & they do the same. Then we interview friends & see if what they were told by women matches what we were.

3rd, further corroboration. Did anyone see it happen? Could it have been on camera? Did you tell a therapist & did they take notes?

Now, with the story checking out, I warn them. And there are a lot of things to warn them about.

Warning 1) Google. For the next 20 years, the only Google result your name will have is Trump + assault. Will you be okay with that?

Warning 2) Online harassment. You will be bombarded to an extent you cannot imagine. You think you can take it. But maybe you can't.

Warning 3) Credibility. Ppl will call you a liar & other ppl will say you asked for it. Everyone youve ever met will read all of that.

Warning 4) Physical harassment. Ppl will threaten to hurt you. If you have to, do you have a friend that will let you stay with them?

Warning 5) This will affect your mental health. You know you're doing the right thing, but this volume of negativity will get to you.

Warning 6) The media. You are going to receive more requests for interviews than you can handle. Not everyone will act professional.

Warning 7) Legal. You may need to get a lawyer. There is a chance you will be sued, & a lawsuit could last years & bankrupt you.

If you understand all of that, & if you are ok with all of that, let's do the interview. (At this point, someone lying will back out.)

Again: That is the journalist's perspective. The women will go thru more. But that's how the reporter knows they're not lying. #trump

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Dude. The moment he said on the debate stage (after refusing to answer the question 4 times) that he didn't ever grope women...THE MOST PREDICTABLE thing on earth was going to be tonight.

Yes, at first I was thinking:

"He is not going to deny it is he?"

Is it Streisand effect when it's already the biggest story in the country right now?

The Access Hollywood Tape is, not these new ones.. yet.
Honestly the Schadenfreude is over for me, let's just vote and move on.

KMS

Anyone see this letter signed by 16 National Security people about Russian influence in OUR election?

https://www.scribd.com/document/326759183/Russia-Influence-Warning-Letter-from-NSA-members#from_embed

Scary shit man.....

I'm really concerned now about this.

Trump campaign is now under investigation of foreign espionage as they back channeled hacked data through wikileaks to use on their political opponents. Basically they pulled off a digital Watergate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom