• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adams did it in retaliation to Jefferson calling him a hermaphrodite. Which do you think Trump is more likely to do?

I mean, I guess nothing is stopping him from doing both...

He didn't really call him a hermaphrodite. He said he had a hermaphrodital character. Basically, he called him a pussy.

Farmboy

• He complained that Clinton got easier questions in the first debate. “She gets easy ones,” he said. “By the way, have you noticed the difference? I’m getting boom, boom, boom. With her, ‘What would you do to fix the economy?’ Of course, that’s actually a much tougher question than you would understand, and she doesn’t have a clue, but you see the questions I was getting.”

Man alive. He's less coherent than Palin.

MUCH BETTER

LD Vote Predict: 82% Clinton, 15% Trump, 3% other candidates (+/– 5.5%)

In 2012 we unveiled our statistical model predicting election day vote called LD Vote Predict, which proved to be extremely accurate. Using the same hierarchical Bayesian model we now turn to our 2016 tracking poll to estimate election day vote choice for Clinton v. Trump.

Based on the most recent round of our tracking poll, conducted over the past three weeks with the National Association of Latino Elected Officials Education Fund and Telemundo Noticias, we predict that just 15% of Latino voters will vote for Republican Donald Trump on Election Day. We are highly confident that—barring any major unforeseen change—Trump’s Latino vote will fall between 9.5% and 20.5%. Furthermore, support for third party candidates seems to be lagging behind the electorate at large this election season, making it extremely likely that we will see Clinton’s share of the Latino vote surpass the 71% Obama earned in 2012 and the 72% Bill Clinton earned in 1996. Today, our model estimates 82% vote for Clinton and we are highly confident that it will be somewhere between 76.5% and 87.5%.

Diablos

Gmail of a Clinton Insider got hacked and dumped.
Eh. Not really worried about it. I think Clinton's people are prepared for more hacks by now and have internally identified the most potentially damaging emails etc. should they ever get hacked. I'm sure they know how to deal with this one if it turns out to be bad.

checks current value of dollar against the pound

Holy crap. My vacation in the UK next week is going to be super cheap, but I still hope it turns around.

I don't know what's worse, Ohio going Trump or what Adam does to food :p

adam has such bad taste that there's no punch line. Just horrible taste.

tumblr_m4pl6dnnL31qer5n0.gif

Incredible that only slightly more than a decade ago 44% of Latino voters voted for the Republican candidate.

They'll get more latino support in the future I'm sure, Hillary got lucky she's running against Orange Menace, because they'll decide Florida and shutdown any potential path to 270.

I listen to CNN at work via tune in to keep updated on things. Is there an alternative? Also the trump campaign is running ads on CNN via tune in radio.

Crocodile

Why is it that you guys watch Morning Joe seemingly religiously every morning yet complain so much about it? You don't have to watch it you know. If you think Joe is disingenuous or what not just change the channel (if at home or the office) or just turn off the TV (if you're at home).

Cyanity

Banned
Why is it that you guys watch Morning Joe seemingly religiously every morning yet complain so much about it? You don't have to watch it you know. If you think Joe is disingenuous or what not just change the channel (if at home or the office) or just turn off the TV (if you're at home).

You know how when a train derails, it's a tragic occurence, but millions of people will still tune in to the coverage in the hopes that they will cut to a video of the crash happening? Morning Joe has been like watching the crash in slow motion, in installments over the past few months. We can't help but watch.

sazzy

I live in Sydney so its running time is 9pm to midnight. Definitly would not be watching it at 6am.

edit-
Also, I like their panel of regular guests. Mika and Joe usually have little useful to say.

Diablos

It's great to be here tonight. And thanks for your question.

Basically my options are CNN, MSNBC and Fox for morning news. Usually I don't watch any except for the fact that this is the election and I feel compelled to watch something. So I usually settle for Joe because even if annoying at times his stupidity and arrogance is mildly entertaining. Chris Cuomo is boring. Fox and Friends is just painful to watch.

It's great to be here tonight. And thanks for your question.

Basically my options are CNN, MSNBC and Fox for morning news. Usually I don't watch any except for the fact that this is the election and I feel compelled to watch something. So I usually settle for Joe because even if annoying at times his stupidity and arrogance is mildly entertaining. Chris Cuomo is boring. Fox and Friends is just painful to watch.

You could always watch the Today Show.

Hahahahahahaaha

thefro

I listen to CNN at work via tune in to keep updated on things. Is there an alternative? Also the trump campaign is running ads on CNN via tune in radio.

NPR's great. I wouldn't listen to them for "BREAKING NEWZ~!" coverage, but you're actually going to be informed and learn stuff unlike CNN.

BBC World Service is fun too.

For politics stuff I'd queue up 538, Keepin' it 1600, NPR Politics Podcast, etc etc.

Rlan

Since this election got closer i've been watching / listening to pirate MSNBC streams from New Zealand. Joe's on at 10-11pm. As someone who watched Jon Stewart Daily Show religiously, i feel insane that i'm now watching the shows they made fun of.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It's a clear formula

Trump has low expectations
Trump bombs only prep
Expectations lowered
Trump sucks horribly at debate last time and Clinton proved she can get under his skin
Media clobbers trump even though he flops repeatedly

Therefore panic

Paskil

The debate prep was obviously a false flag in order to catch Clinton off guard when he comes into this Sunday and ravages her during the debate. This will be historic and Trump creaming Clinton will make Romney stuffing Obama look like a kids table debate. Time to panic, folks. President Trump has arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom