• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Guys... its close to happening

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has one of his slimmest leads yet over Democratic rival Hillary Clinton in Texas, 41 percent to 38 percent, according to a new poll among registered voters. Trump’s support falls within the survey’s margin of error, which is plus- or minus 3 percent, meaning the race is a statistical dead heat.

http://m.chron.com/news/politics/te...rump-beating-Clinton-by-3-percent-9980688.php

Can someone swap Winnie's face with Hillary to the gif below?
winnie.gif

The suppressed voter turnout on the right is going to kill the heavily gerrymandered House.

Believe!

Slacker

LOL. Let him get his bigoted, transphobic, creepy little ass humiliated and buried by the GOAT.

Whoa hold on a second? Creepy? Curt Schilling? I think you misunderstood him the other day. He didn't say he wanted to nail his daughter's friends. He said that he merely recognized that some day in the future some of them would be nailable. You, know, locker room talk! Damn liberal media putting words in his perfectly sane mouth.

Texas is interesting if Trump's crazy endgame keeps turning off college-educated voters. Like NC and GA, Texas has seen inflows of people from surrounding states to work in the white-collar professional sector there.

The real damage post-Trump is just how sticky the defection of the educated suburban base from the party is.

Conservatives are really jerking off to this #DrainTheSwamp messaging from Trump. I don't really see how it's different from what he's been talking about since he started running but I guess it has a nice, easy to imagine visual to go with it this time.

I'm actually impressed he went with that instead of #BurnItDownBurnItAllDownLiterally.

I want to see Texas close in a decent poll before I start getting excited.

Texas is interesting if Trump's crazy endgame keeps turning off college-educated voters. Like NC and GA, Texas has seen inflows of people from surrounding states to work in the white-collar professional sector there.

The real damage post-Trump is just how sticky the defection of the educated suburban base from the party is.
If those defectors are still voting for Republicans downticket this year, they're not likely to stay away from the Republican party.

NEED MORE OPPO STAT

"The Oppo and the Cyber are things I worry about. I don't know what our leaders are doing. They're idiots! Chynah is eating our lunch. It's sad, believe me. My campaign has the best Oppo and Cyber, and that's the sort of leadership i'll bring to Washington."

chefbags

"The Oppo and the Cyber are things I worry about. I don't know what our leaders are doing. They're idiots! Chynah is eating our lunch. It's sad, believe me. My campaign has the best Oppo and Cyber, and that's the sort of leadership i'll bring to Washington."

You know when Trump kept on saying cyber at the first debate I kept thinking he was going to finish the word and just say cybertron lol.

Im also playing transformers devastion and its a fantastic game.

User1608

Banned
Texas? We shall see... The golden prize for sure.
Whoa hold on a second? Creepy? Curt Schilling? I think you misunderstood him the other day. He didn't say he wanted to nail his daughter's friends. He said that he merely recognized that some day in the future some of them would be nailable. You, know, locker room talk! Damn liberal media putting words in his perfectly sane mouth.
Ugh, reading that and it's crazy how much more fucked up he is than we thought possible.

Conservatives are really jerking off to this #DrainTheSwamp messaging from Trump. I don't really see how it's different from what he's been talking about since he started running but I guess it has a nice, easy to imagine visual to go with it this time.

I'm actually impressed he went with that instead of #BurnItDownBurnItAllDownLiterally.

Like I said in that thread, the first thing a fascist does when they come to power is clean house. This plan would give Trump cover to fill DC with his cronies. It's a perfect witch hunt.

Still don't think Texas is going blue, certainly without a decent ground game and it's too late for that.

Might help the one and only competitive house race though.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.

Texas is a very interesting state.

It's much more moderate of a state than most people give it credit for. A big chunk of the Dallas, Austin and Houston suburbs are Rockefeller Republicans.

Austin is insanely liberal. San Antonio is stanchly blue collar liberal. Dallas and Houston are liberal, but the suburbs there are not.

Texas does obviously have a lot of evangelical voters, but hatred of hispanics is not something that is overly done in the state. Hispanic people have been here forever, and because of that consistent contact you just don't have much sentiment to hate them the way working class non-college educated voters who blame them for job loss do.

A relatively strong economy in Texas also means Trumps message of not being able to handle 4 more years of the last 8 doesn't reverberate as strongly here.

I just hope Dems nationwide understand that Texas is a pretty conservative state culturally and is more in-line with Maine and Alaska on not wanting a large government. This is a specific issue Trump has by appealing to the wrong sort of conservative for Texas. I suspect in 4 years you will see Texas move more to the right again.

Still don't think Texas is going blue, certainly without a decent ground game and it's too late for that.

Might help the one and only competitive house race though.

There are several districts that are R+10 or 12. Clinton being within a couple would be close to that. I think the problem is that the Dems haven't been investing in those races enough to go over the top.

gkryhewy

No fucking way McGinty is doing worse than Murphy. Hillary + Philly will push her over the top. That poll is bullshit.

I've seen many more, and way more effective pro-Toomey/anti-McGinty ads than pro in the Philly burbs over the course of months.

But I still think she wins if it ends up being a wave election.

Diablos

I've seen many more, and way more effective pro-Toomey/anti-McGinty ads than pro in the Philly burbs over the course of months.

But I still think she wins if it ends up being a wave election.
I don't think you'll see enough split ticket voting in Eastern PA for it to make a difference.

The whole previous "Texas turning blue" thing was largely predicated on an examination of the growing voting age Latino population. In addition to that, there is indeed a heavy influx of college educated professionals into the cities, which should accelerate the process. I know a couple people from LA who have moved to Dallas for work and love it.

Texas going blue this specifc cycle would not shock me.

Texas is a very interesting state.

It's much more moderate of a state than most people give it credit for. A big chunk of the Dallas, Austin and Houston suburbs are Rockefeller Republicans.

Austin is insanely liberal. San Antonio is stanchly blue collar liberal. Dallas and Houston are liberal, but the suburbs there are not.

Texas does obviously have a lot of evangelical voters, but hatred of hispanics is not something that is overly done in the state. Hispanic people have been here forever, and because of that consistent contact you just don't have much sentiment to hate them the way working class non-college educated voters who blame them for job loss do.
Texas also has some surprising immigrant-friendly legislation. Yeah it's not nearly as good as CA but it's also not as terrible as AZ. Stuff like in state tuition for undocumented immigrants is a nice addition in such a red state.

Barzul

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/18/polit...inton-bill-clinton-chelsea-clinton/index.html

So this just came up on my timeline. My biggest takeway was this:

Tanden here is giving voice (in a private and since stolen email) to a concern that President Bill Clinton told Brock to attack Sanders' health, and also suggesting that in 2007 when Clinton aide Mark Penn on MSNBC repeatedly mentioned then-Senator Obama's high school era cocaine use, he had been told to do so by someone much higher up.

Wut. Obama did cocaine? I knew about weed but everyone smokes lol...Obama really was the rebel.

mo60

Huh.

I highly, highly doubt Clinton wins Texas but if Trump only wins by low single digits it will put the fear of God in the GOP.

Some of the right wing were I live still cry about the Alberta NDP winning last year's provincial election. They thought Alberta was a bastion of conservativsm since they were technically ruling the province for like 80 years under two different parties. If hilary won texas I think some of the extreme right wing people within the GOP will cry about hilary winning the state.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Texas also has some surprising immigrant-friendly legislation. Yeah it's not nearly as good as CA but it's also not as terrible as AZ. Stuff like in state tuition for undocumented immigrants is a nice addition in such a red state.

Texas had a very friendly relationship with Mexico right up until Perry decided he wanted to be president. It's gotten worse sense then, but during the early Perry, Bush years and back into Anne Richards/Clements/Briscoe administrations were reasonably friendly.

Texas is far more small government, low regulation, low tax, pro gun, pro bible in roughly that order. The culture war stuff was never as big of a driver and while there are large swaths of evangelical voters here, we are more the stereotypical "compassionate conservative" voting bloc than the Trump Alt-Right and angry out of work anti-globalist crowd.

Trump just does not appeal very strongly to conservatives in this state.

jmdajr

We need other video/audio of Trump attacking, some other group.

We've peaked on women material.

N bombs? His base won't give a shit.

Maybe some Christian bashing. I don't know.

..something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom