• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
The House isn't gonna vote for Trump in that circumstance. I think they'd be more likely to just vote for Johnson or McMullin. They don't have any kind of control over Trump, something this election cycle has made readily apparent.

They will absolutely vote for Trump. It's not a straight vote. Each state gets one vote determined by the majority vote of their reps. Even if they were all somehow convinced to act like electors and follow the popular vote for their state, there's no situation where Hillary has a majority of states while still under 270.

Battlechili

Banned
I'm really excited. My absentee ballot forms came in today. In a way this'll be a great relief, as after today I won't have to worry about who I'm voting for and can relax and not worry about the election quite as much. This is also my first election, so its really cool to finally be able to participate in politics and vote.
Although I'm a little surprised at the options available on the forms; I didn't know such parties as the "American Delta", "Constitution", and "Prohibition" existed. I'll be needing to do some research on these.

My intention is to vote for Jill Stein, but I think I should put some time to see what these parties are before making my decision.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The House isn't gonna vote for Trump in that circumstance. I think they'd be more likely to just vote for Johnson or McMullin. They don't have any kind of control over Trump, something this election cycle has made readily apparent.

The most predictable behavior in the world is the behavior of Republicans in Congress. They answer to Republican primary voters and nobody else. The majority of Republican primary voters want Trump. Ergo, the House will vote for Trump because Republicans want to keep their seats. This is all that matters to them.

I don't see how dems voting for McMullin hurts Hillary at all in Utah. She was unlikely to ever win it in the first place and she never needed it. McMullin winning in Utah has no effect on Hillary that I would notice. One of Trump's strategy is winning FL,OH,IW, PA, but losing Utah can hurt Trump slightly, but if Hillary's close than the dems should vote for her.

The most predictable behavior in the world is the behavior of Republicans in Congress.

Everything they do is intended to prevent them from having to fundraise and defend their seat in a contested primary. It's all they think about-how to stay in the job with as little effort as possible.

My intention is to vote for Jill Stein, but I think I should put some time to see what these parties are before making my decision.

This is probably a good idea. Make sure you do so in airplane mode.

Yeah, that's good enough for me to let a racist in!/s

(term limits are bad)
Kinda reminds me of what he was doing after the convention. If the third debate isn't a home run for him, he's probably going to spend the next three weeks promising a bunch of things regardless if they're possible or not, so long as they "sound" good.

Cerium

Politico remembered that Chris Christie exists and wonders why he disappeared after the Access Hollywood video dropped.

Remember he's still the head of Trump's transition team.

I don't see how dems voting for McMullin hurts Hillary at all in Utah. She was unlikely to ever win it in the first place and she never needed it. McMullin winning in Utah has no effect on Hillary that I would notice. One of Trump's strategy is winning FL,OH,IW, PA, but losing Utah can hurt Trump slightly, but if Hillary's close than the dems should vote for her.

It's a three way tie in polls, there's zero reason not to vote for Hillary.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I think there are two different ways to look at how the electoral college works.

The first way is basically a pool of EVs where candidates are trying to grab enough votes to reach 270. In that sense, McMullin winning doesn't help her because it's only taking EVs out of the pool, which increases the chances of no one reaching 270.

The other way, which is how I think it really works, is each candidate already has a set number of reliable states: a victory is working on what they already start with. This can change between elections due to demographics altering, but with increased polarization, states are more rigid than they were in the past. Candidates are becoming less important than party. The Republican loyalty to Trump this cycle is why I tend to see this mindset more. A Utah loss causes Trump to rely more on states that are not reliable to either party.

I'm not rooting for McMullin to win, but I just think it hurts Trump, but doesn't help Hillary.

Cyanity

Banned
I'm really excited. My absentee ballot forms came in today. In a way this'll be a great relief, as after today I won't have to worry about who I'm voting for and can relax and not worry about the election quite as much. This is also my first election, so its really cool to finally be able to participate in politics and vote.
Although I'm a little surprised at the options available on the forms; I didn't know such parties as the "American Delta", "Constitution", and "Prohibition" existed. I'll be needing to do some research on these.

Please watch this before voting for a third party: https://youtu.be/k3O01EfM5fU

Today is kellyanne's moment to shine. Trump will display the message discipline of her dreams and turn his candidacy around for an upset of the century.

Cyanity

Banned
Trump saying protesters are paid. IS HE TALKING ABOUT THE OKEEFE VID OMG

But what about the protestors that were promised $5000 to shout BILL CLINTON IS A RAPIST at Clinton/surrogate rallies? The only provable instances of incentivised protesting this election cycle? Did he mention those?

Dierce

But what about the protestors that were promised $5000 to shout BILL CLINTON IS A RAPIST at Clinton/surrogate rallies? The only provable instances of incentivised protesting this election cycle? Did he mention those?

First rule of deranged conservatism, it isn't illegal or unethical unless a liberal does it.

shiba5

I'm still looking at this trying to figure out what "Cut taxes to reopen factories" means

Well see, they'll be making $2/hr to compete with other countries so they won't make enough money to have to pay taxes anymore. Genius!

Why isn't the MSM talking about this?

X8VWCNC.png

Cyanity

Banned
Well see, they'll be making $2/hr to compete with other countries so they won't make enough money to have to pay taxes anymore. Genius!

This is actually a REALLY good point that I wish Clinton or her surrogates would hammer home as a talking point.

First rule of deranged conservatism, it isn't illegal or unethical unless a liberal does it.

This is what the cretins in the GOP have wanted for 20 years. "Someone who fights!"

I feel that if Trump wasn't such a fuck-up, and knew how to use the Conservative dog-whistles to more effect, he would be the dream GOP candidate.

These assholes really believe that what's been holding their party back has been improperly leveraged PR. Fug'em

Boke1879

Trump knows he's going to lose. This fits with his whole rigged narrative. So when they actually do lose he'll just claim they were rigged to show he was winning.

I know. It's fucking crazy

It's kind of hilarious seeing the media get up in arms when Trump exploits their own clickbait garbage articles like "COULD THE ELECTION BE RIGGED?!" and they wonder how he came to be.

Man "drain the swamp" isn't exactly the kind of messaging metaphor you want to use-sounds like you're some kind of ruthless developer murdering pristine wildlife habitat.

kevin1025

Banned
Trump mentioning draining swamps just reminds me that he is just like Lord Farquaad from Shrek. In all ways possible. Kicking a certain type of people out of his kingdom, overcompensating with his castle, little man syndrome, etc.

shiba5

This is actually a REALLY good point that I wish Clinton or her surrogates would hammer home as a talking point.

I was talking to a Trump supporter who was all excited that Trump would bring back manufacturing. I said those jobs aren't coming back and even if they did, how much do you think they'd pay when they're competing with China. Also, are you willing to pay $5000 for an iPhone?
Deer in the headlights mode was activated.

He wants a constitutional amendment to limit terms on congress. That's...not crazy, amazingly.

Yes it is.

Its a horrible idea that would take accountability even more away from the people.

It is one of the worst reform ideas ever. It hasn't worked in the states, won't work federally.

I don't even know why people think it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom