• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

SexyFish

Banned
@KatyTurNBC
"OBAMA SUCKS!" this man yells.

CvEvIsqUEAAh6nS.jpg

Kid Rock lookalikes are one of Trump's growing demographics, surprisingly.

SexyFish

Banned
I thought the swamp is DC and rooting out corruption, but is it about ISIS? I'm very confused.

I think he's getting rid of every desirable he can think of. Illegal immigrants, radical islam, corrupt politicians.

That or he doesn't even fucking know what his own hashtag is.

Blader

Is he still harping about rigged election?

This shit isn't cool, he's talking about illegal immigrants voting, and I would not be at all surprised if his extreme and bigoted base were to attack some minority thinking that they are here illegally and have no right to vote.

This legit pisses me off, these ignorant morons think this is rigged and he keeps fueling that fire. And they keep making threats against Hillary and people that will be going to vote for her, I swear I best not see anyone at my polling place trying to intimidate voters for this orange asshole because I will absolutely snap on them.

Don't snap on them, just take their picture and report them to the FBI.

I think Oliver is wrong on this point. She can't destroy the economy by forgiving student debt through quantitative easing.

The reason being is that you can't use quantitative easing to eliminate student debt.

What was obvious is she doesn't know what quantitative easing actually is. I guess if she attempted it, she could hurt the economy. It could actually help, though the Fed is pretty much at its limits with it. If she did it a huge amount she hurt the economy.

All the while, student debt would go no where.

The general idea is the Jill Stein is a wackjob moron and anything she'd do is so stupid that the sum of all the parts would be a nation's economy being destroyed and that is largely correct.
As Campfireweekend could tell you, I don't know anything about economics, but quantitative easing is just the government purchase of bank held assets, right? The government could totally buy all of the student loan debt in the country and just never collect. It would economically just function as a transfer payment. All of the arguments I've heard against total loan forgiveness are that it's a poorly reasoned stimulus and goes to the wrong people (richer people end up at richer schools; why not just give the money to the poor and homeless who are more likely to spend it) and it's also a lot of money. But it's not impossible and I don't know think there's anything to suggest there would be economic collapse.

Stein and Johnson are basically the Trump's of the Green/Libertarian party. They utterly fail to represent their parties/platforms with any degree of intellectual rigor and substance. They're just trying to ride the coattails of political frustration through name recognition.

Compare them to a real third party candidate like Nader with actual credentials and accomplishments and it's hard to see them as anything but a joke.

kevin1025

Banned
You missed the best part where he said that many reporters won't be around much longer. Yeah, that's not ominous or anything.

I'm convinced he would try and shut down news media in some form or fashion, if he got in. He's hinted at it a few times before. He wants a propaganda wing and nothing more.

Boris Epshteyn just accused the entire Dallas Cowboys starting lineup of voter fraud.

EDIT: In 2008

SECOND EDIT: Also Barack Obama just won North Carolina in 2008 because illegals voted

- Taking 1.3 trillion dollars out of the economy, a huge blow to loan-giving companies and strongly disincentivizes them from giving out future loans

- Printing 1.3 trillion dollars immediately crashes the dollar
- You're actually injecting 1.3 trillion into the economy.
- I agree, there would be a large inflationary effect on the economy. I just don't know if it would be, you know, catastrophic.

Umm..

@MckayCoppins:

LOL. That's entirely a Bannon/Bossie comment. Dare the media to keep asking, and then get the flacks to deflect on Bill's history, and Hillary's supposed responses. It's base red meat that locks away any chance of brining in new voters, especially women over 40.

As Campfireweekend could tell you, I don't know anything about economics, but quantitative easing is just the government purchase of bank held assets, right? The government could totally buy all of the student loan debt in the country and just never collect. It would economically just function as a transfer payment. All of the arguments I've heard against total loan forgiveness are that it's a poorly reasoned stimulus and goes to the wrong people (richer people end up at richer schools; why not just give the money to the poor and homeless who are more likely to spend it) and it's also a lot of money. But it's not impossible and I don't know think there's anything to suggest there would be economic collapse.

Le'ts think on a basic level. When you print over $1 trillion, the value of the dollar goes down. What do we get in return? Debt relief for young people. However, those young people weren't going to pay that debt off for many years. So you have this immediate devauling of the dollar, and it doesn't produce liquidity and very little spending power for anyone. It'd be a disaster.

The true believer surrogates are the worst. It's one thing to put up with this garbage for another few weeks because you want to get hired in the next two years, it's another entirely to actually fool yourself into believing the poison coming right from your own mouth.

Boke1879

The true believer surrogates are the worst. It's one thing to put up with this garbage for another few weeks because you want to get hired in the next two years, it's another entirely to actually fool yourself into believing the poison coming right from your own mouth.

Yea you know Jeffrey Lord is just taking the piss. He's still vile as well, but you know he's doing it because he's getting paid.

Stein and Johnson are basically the Trump's of the Green/Libertarian party. They utterly fail to represent their parties/platforms with any degree of intellectual rigor and substance. They're just trying to ride the coattails of political frustration through name recognition.

Compare them to a real third party candidate like Nader with actual credentials and accomplishments and it's hard to see them as anything but a joke.
well the Green Party platform had homeopathic and alternative medicine in it up until this year so i'm not sure if they're any better than their candidate!

I'm convinced he would try and shut down news media in some form or fashion, if he got in. He's hinted at it a few times before. He wants a propaganda wing and nothing more.

A Trump administration wouldn't go as far as trying to change Libel laws or imprisonment. He's too lazy for that shit. But it would be daily trolling of them. Announcing press conferences only to ditch on them without notifying anyone. Press Secretary Milo who would scream obscenities and encourage Internet Nazis to send them Pepe memes. He would hold a parallel Nat'l Correspondents Dinner where he would live-stream roasts of journalists and their families.

Stein's signature plan (eliminating student debt via quantitative easing) would destroy the economy, full stop.

She is a shyster and does not deserve your vote.

I demand that we just use a simple terminology:

GREEN DEPLORABLES.

Red Deplorables are the Trump fans. Green Deplorables are the Shill Stein fans.

well the Green Party platform had homeopathic and alternative medicine in it up until this year so i'm not sure if they're any better than their candidate!

Platforms aren't perfect. As an aspirational vision of an American future, I vastly prefer the Greens' current platform to the Dems', even with the stupid anti-nuclear and anti-GMO stuff in it.

Jerm411

Been out of the loop somewhat since the last debate....does the Orange troll have any path to victory or have we reached a point where if the voters turn out she curbstomps him?

From what I've read trying to catch up, it seems like a foregone conclusion...I'm not willing to go that far though...

He wants a constitutional amendment to limit terms on congress. That's...not crazy, amazingly.

It is crazy! This is right out of the Fascist playbook! When you come to power the first thing you do is clean out the government and replace it with as many of your cronies as possible. He can use this and his lobbying rules to effectively remove most of the experienced leadership from Washington in a few short years.

A president Trump would go on a "corruption" witch hunt and try to destroy any of his political rivals. He wants Paul Ryan to have a jail cell right next to Clinton.

He just hasn't gotten to the part where it only applies to Democrats.

No he wants Republicans gone even more than the Democrats. He is consolidating power. remember that Steve Bannon's most consistent political enemies of the last few years have been people like Cantor, Boehner, and Ryan.

KyroLen

Neo Member
This election has gotten too crazy, I see all kinds of lies and memes from Trump puppets I got tired of it and posted this...

Y'know it kinda pisses me off when Donald Trump and his supporters want to push this imaginary idea of rampant and common voter fraud. It pisses me off for a couple reasons...

1.) Because there have been just over 30 cases of REAL voter fraud documented between 2000 and 2014 out of a BILLION. 30 out of a billion, if that sounds rampant and common to you then go the hell back to school.

2.) Because its the right that is trying to pass voter ID laws that suppress votes of minorities, laws that have been reversed by judges in a handful of states due to it being voter suppression tactics.

So you claim to care about the sanctity of our election, but you don't give a damn when peoples votes are being suppressed.

Give. Me. A. Break.

Donald Trump is lying to the American people, and anyone that buys into the narrative that voter fraud is a common occurance that threatens the election is uninformed and WRONG.

All I hear with Trump and his supporters is that everyone is out to get him, the world is out to get him. No, i'm sorry, the world isn't out to get him, he needs to look in the mirror because all the negative press is on him. He says the ignorant stupid things that get attention, well, because they are stupid and ignorant!! And when you run for the office of President you better know that any skeletons in your closet will be revealed, thats what happens in elections. There are negative ads, don't cry about them, act like the non-pc tough guy that you claim to be Donald. Don't cry and whine about skits on Saturday Night Live one day, and the next tell us you'll be tough on ISIS. How can you be tough on terrorism but throw a tempter tantrum about a comedy show sketch?

You can't say that him being "non-PC" and telling it like it is is a great thing, while also wondering why the press and media always have negative stories on him. He may say what he wants, but what he says is idiotic and wrong and gets the negative attention that that sort of rhetoric warrants. If you want the press and media and quite frankly the majority of America to stop being so negative and focusing in on the negatives, then stop saying stupid shit and start acting like a Presidential candidate. If you want to talk about issues instead of scandals, then talk about those issues and don't bring 4 of Bill Clintons accusers to a debate, which was disgusting and using those women who believe they were assaulted and wronged as a political move was pathetic.

And if you are a Trump puppet who says that all of the accusers of Donald are liars while also harping on about Bill's accusers and this imaginary non-factual tale of Hillary being mean and insulting to them, you yourself need to look in the mirror and take a picture and place that picture next to the word hypocrite because thats what you are.

Trump harping on this voter fraud issue just fuels the extremists in his base to go out and intimidate voters, to attack minorities they see as illegal immigrants, and its wrong. He is fanning the flames for his supporters to act like bratty children WHEN he loses, to throw hissy fits and act out.

The irony in that is that these are the people in his base that would say they are super American, as well as demeaning members of the BLM movement as violent thugs. Well, they will be the ones acting un-American and they will be the violent thugs if they act out when Trump loses.

If those supporters want to try and rise up and revolt and incite a civil war, there will be plenty of us who care about this democracy and care about this country and care about the sanctity of the election and the results of said election that will stand up to them.
#Imwithher

Le'ts think on a basic level. When you print over $1 trillion, the value of the dollar goes down. What do we get in return? Debt relief for young people. However, those young people weren't going to pay that debt off for many years. So you have this immediate devauling of the dollar, and it doesn't produce liquidity and very little spending power for anyone. It'd be a disaster.
The value of the dollar would only go down if you released that trillion into the economy at once. If you scheduled the payments over time to coincide exactly with the required payments of each individual loan then there would probably be a much smaller inflationary effect.

I agree that those people weren't going to pay that debt off for many years. So the increase in each individual's spending would actually be very small. That's another small inflationary effect. (Such a claim demands quantifcation but I can't give that. Sorry.) Also, they're unlikely to replace that debt with new debt because the college loans were government backed, but most other debt is not as easy to obtain.

Anyway I do agree it's bad fiscal policy. You devalue the dollar for no liquidity and little spending power. Not good! But "disaster" seems to be a non-sequitur. That's all I'm saying :p

A president Trump would go on a "corruption" witch hunt and try to destroy any of his political rivals. He wants Paul Ryan to have a jail cell right next to Clinton.

If Trump can get the crowd to chant "lock him up" (referring to Ryan) before this is all over I'll be a very happy man.
Is there a Republican with real power that looks worse and weaker than Ryan has all this year?

Cyanity

Banned
Maybe we can convince Trumpers that Vince Foster did 9/11 and Hillary sent a hit squad after him to protect the American people from Quidproghazi. She failed to kill him in time, and now must kill the 14 Colossi with her bionic arm in order to attain retribution and become Queen King of the United States

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Been out of the loop somewhat since the last debate....does the Orange troll have any path to victory or have we reached a point where if the voters turn out she curbstomps him?

From what I've read trying to catch up, it seems like a foregone conclusion...I'm not willing to go that far though...

Trump will lose.

Election Fraud would be more likely at this point than the polls being off that much. Probably by Russia.

The Senate is likely to Flip to Dem Majority, The House is a crapshoot.

Yes it is.

Its a horrible idea that would take accountability even more away from the people.

It is one of the worst reform ideas ever. It hasn't worked in the states, won't work federally.

I don't even know why people think it will.

Like many of Trump's ideas. It is palatable on a basic emotional level, but falls apart under any intellectual scrutiny.

The value of the dollar would only go down if you released that trillion into the economy at once. If you scheduled the payments over time to coincide exactly with the required payments of each individual loan then there would probably be a much smaller inflationary effect.

I agree that those people weren't going to pay that debt off for many years. So the increase in each individual's spending would actually be very small. That's another small inflationary effect. (Such a claim demands quantifcation but I can't give that. Sorry.) Also, they're unlikely to replace that debt with new debt because the college loans were government backed, but most other debt is not as easy to obtain.

Anyway I do agree it's bad fiscal policy. You devalue the dollar for no liquidity and little spending power. Not good! But "disaster" seems to be a non-sequitur. That's all I'm saying :p

If you pay it in payments, you'd have to pay interest on it, which would balloon the amount of money needed to pay it off.

Joeytj

Banned
Term limits are basically a way to see how healthy a democracy is, or how secure it feels about itself.

Mexico only just recently reinstated reelection in both the legislative and executive branches at all government levels except the presidency, and it was after years of political experts and reformers campaigning that a healthy democracy should reward good politicians and inspire competition, which is true.

An unhealthy democracy is afraid of competition and reelection, thinking that politicians become corrupt.

Honestly, coming from a country where there's high corruption despite there not being any reelection for almost a century, I can tell you that term limits aren't very useful, besides maybe at the federal level or in the executive branch. Politicians find other ways to hold on to power (they immediately jump from one public office to the other, looking for anyway to stay on the government payroll).

Besides, Congress isn't going to vote itself term limits.

Cyanity

Banned

I mean, you could probably achieve the same effect by sending every american in demographic/earnings group x a $200 check every month without the headache of trying to directly pay off millions of student loans. It would still be a dumb thing to do, but would be way simpler.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Jesse Ferguson said:
Trump staff on CNN w/ @jaketapper right now arguing POTUS wasn't legitimately elected b/c of voter fraud in North Carolina.

They're really going this route? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom