• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
TZPx7xk.jpg

Oriel

Equador got hillary's back!

The Ecuadorians should toss the Putin loving idiot out of the first balcony and into the arms of the Met below. Enough of this farce.

Oh, and WTF is going on with polling out of Texas of all places?! Hilldog fucking destroying the giant Wotsit.

Erick Erickson giving us an after work hopium blast, just like every other election:

Washington Post has Clinton up 4 in Georgia. Internal GOP polling has her up 5 in Georgia.

Joeytj

Banned
Interesting that they're doing Georgia instead of Arizona.

The Clinton campaign is taking care of Arizona, and Georgia probably doesn't look that good for them, not enough to send more surrogates and money there (although there are ads running). Priorities USA figured that they can be the advanced guard in case there's a real chance to win Georgia.

Iolo

Erick Erickson giving us an after work hopium blast, just like every other election:

Washington Post has Clinton up 4 in Georgia. Internal GOP polling has her up 5 in Georgia.

Eh. WaPo also had her down in Florida and Nevada, and nearly tied in Texas. Doesn't seem very accurate.

HylianTom

Banned
re: Senate

Just got home and saw the early voting stats, and now I honestly wonder if we sweep the close Senate races.. just due to the magnitude of machinery pushing our voters to the polls.

Grief.exe

re: Senate

Just got home and saw the early voting stats, and now I honestly wonder if we sweep the close Senate races.. just due to the magnitude of machinery pushing our voters to the polls.

I've been under the same assumption for the last couple of weeks.

Any of these toss up Senate races will lean Democrat due to the ground game infrastructure, depressed Republican turnout, and demographic gains by the Democratic party.

There are many weird things about this election and the resulting realignment, but the GOP ceding "free market capitalism" to the Democratic Party is pretty crazy when I stop to think about it. This coalition of white professionals, college-educated women, and minorities seems like it should hold together for quite awhile.

It's like the GOP just ceded patriotism, strength against foreign threats, and free markets over for what? Fascism and economic populism (which, I know, I know, go hand in hand). How the fuck is that going to win the presidency?

"Assange is granted asylum in Ecuador. They must be a Russian puppet."
"The embassy cut off his internet. We successfully applied pressure!"

Listen. PoliGAF. You should just accept that they approved a political asylum request for Assange because he is a (bad) journalist that suffered the real possibility of persecution. That was their judgment. Agree with the judgment or not, as a sovereign nation they are afforded the right to such a judgment and that was really all there was to it.

When it became clear he was attempting to tamper with the democratic elections and jeopardizing US-Ecuador relations, Ecuador cut off his internet access while providing him with asylum. That's it! Some of the stuff I hear makes you guys sound like you want a leftist dictatorship that breaches international norms. Really!

chadskin

Oh shit!! The Czechs just arrested a Russian hacker charged with taking action against the US. This won't affect the election but it'll be amazing if this guy flips. Here's the original Czech story:

http://www.policie.cz/clanek/hacker-je-ve-vazbe.aspx

That's interesting. Interpol has 21 suspects of Russian nationality wanted by the US on their Red Notice list: https://www.interpol.int/notice/sea...ountry)/324/(current_age_maxi)/100/(search)/1

And that's the only guy who's wanted because of a "Conspiracy to Commit Computer Intrusion": https://www.interpol.int/notice/search/wanted/2012-2240

But a) that seems to be more related to financial fraud of some sort, not because of political reasons and b) I don't know if they release the names of everyone who's on the Red Notice list to the public.

I've been under the same assumption for the last couple of weeks.

Any of these toss up Senate races will lean Democrat due to the ground game infrastructure, depressed Republican turnout, and demographic gains by the Democratic party.

I keep saying, despite being a baked, skinless chicken, Murphy in FL is gonna benefit from OFA/Hilary GOTV machine, and the lack of coherent RNC/Trump infrastructure. It's close, don't write us off yet!

This is cool, but also, I don't really trust GOP internal polling. Clinton herself certainly isn't acting like she's up 5 in Georgia, and I just don't think they're data's as good.

Cerium

It's funny. During the primaries when I was rooting for Trump to destroy Lyin' Ted and the rest, I followed Breitbart. Nowadays I follow RedState to watch conservatives shit on Trump.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Winning Georgia would be great.

Somehow getting Texas to be a "Too early to call" state would be the victory of election night.

It's like the GOP just ceded patriotism, strength against foreign threats, and free markets over for what? Fascism and economic populism (which, I know, I know, go hand in hand). How the fuck is that going to win the presidency?

Ethnic Nationalism is a strong binding force when you're the economic and religious hegemon, but you're being outpaced by minority births.

I can't think of a historical parallel for what we're going through. Has there ever been an empire as relatively large and wealthy as the US going through a peaceful ethnic change as massive as the one we will see over the coming decades?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wait--that Fox News poll sampled 2 points less democrats and 2 points more republicans than the previous poll, and Trump still only gained 1 point?

Bwahaha. That's a terrible sign for Trump.

Winning Georgia would be great.

Somehow getting Texas to be a "Too early to call" state would be the victory of election night.
I keep telling you guys. Texas is going to do something similar to NC in 2008. Not quite as far. Trump will win Texas by 2-3%. Leading to the count going for a lot longer than anyone expects. 2020 they'll draw back a bit, before going blue in 2024.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ethnic Nationalism is a strong binding force when you're the economic and religious hegemon, but you're being outpaced by minority births.

I can't think of a historical parallel for what we're going through. Has there ever been an empire as relatively large and wealthy as the US going through a peaceful ethnic change as massive as the one we will see over the coming decades?

There hasn't really been a country like the US before in terms of immigration. We're fairly unique in that regard.

Plinko

Kasich's unfavorable ratings make him a wildcard for 2020. I still say if he runs as an independent, he wins.

Also, how in the world have 20% of people never heard of John Kasich?

Iolo

Politico: "Hacked documents show DNC trying to get financial info on Trump Steaks"

Now they're literally covering nothingburgers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom