• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
My condolences.

I love Berkeley

Berkeley is amazing. A certain subset of students are super eh tho. And that includes our spineless college repubs who "haven't endorsed trump as an organization" but are oh so eager to fly his banner and wear his hats when tabling every day.

It's fitting I guess. They've got the integrity to match their idols.

Cyanity

Banned
w4Du8qg.jpg

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
She's on AC360 towing the rigged elections line and hidden voters for her boss.
I don't have cable, but I finally broke down and used my parent's login info to get the CNN app on our Roku. That bit with the Trump supporters in Colorado was fantastic, I died when they cut to the footage of Reagan campaigning for Bush.

"Wouldn't you rather have Japan have nuclear weapons" is one of his statements that gets my blood boiling the most. Out of touch and incompetent.

One of the things Hillary and Obama both immediately go to when Trump comes up is his unfitness for office. Hillary wasn't joking at all in that interview earlier when she said she was the only thing standing in the way of the apocalypse.

Cyanity

Banned
Based on his potential debate guests, there's going to be some sort of scene caused.

That pile of orange lard dragged Bill's accusers to the last debate and nothing happened; do you really think the secret service is gonna let these show guests go in without a warning not to cause a stir? They're going to put the fear of God in all of Trump's guests and there won't be a peep out of any of them - mark my words on this one.

smurfx

get some go again
You know, I'm sure that Clinton did research and that there is more shit on Trump that exists, but it's always been my impression that the campaign literally holding oppo bombs and only releasing them at ideal moments seem a little less than realistic. It's far more likely that that just happened to be the time that the media got the 'grab them by the pussy' video and it just coincided with the second debate. Like, do we have any actual proof that the Clinton campaign is playing this kind of massive game? That these are things that the media couldn't have just figured out itself?

Though if another scandal is dropped 3-5 hours before the third debate, I guess even I'll have to suspect that they are just that master strategists.
imo the perfect time to drop the next oppo bomb is after the debate and not before. if trump manages to do better than last time then the drop will shut down any positives. if hillary does really well then they allow the week to be focused on her win and then the week after you drop it and let trump sink until the election.

HylianTom

Banned
I invite a disruption.

It'll only add to the #1 drag on his candidacy: widespread perception that he doesn't have the temperament for the office.

kevin1025

Banned
That pile of orange lard dragged Bill's accusers to the last debate and nothing happened; do you really think the secret service is gonna let these show guests go in without a warning not to cause a stir? They're going to put the fear of God in all of Trump's guests and there won't be a peep out of any of them - mark my words on this one.

You're right, I meant before. He might do another Facebook Live thing or trick the dishonest media or something to that effect.

Wilsongt

Pretty disgusting they are rolling out that Benghazi mother again. Woman was clearly not fit to be speaking at the RNC. There is no way she should be out in public for publicity again.

Fat4all

Banned
How does Trump not know that constantly bringing up how the election is 'rigged' against him, he's actively limiting potential voter turnout for him? If he keeps it up his voter confidence is gonna be god awful. It also fucks over the rest of the GOP'ers running.

One of the things Hillary and Obama both immediately go to when Trump comes up is his unfitness for office. Hillary wasn't joking at all in that interview earlier when she said she was the only thing standing in the way of the apocalypse.

So you are saying Hillary is cancelling the apocalypse?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
i'm guessing one of the surprise guests would be bill clinton's alleged illegitimate black son

in other news, nate cohn is getting frustrated with people about doubting polls

wZbve0.png

This makes me a little concerned about groups hacking the vote. They seem a little too confident.

Lawrence O'Donnell doing real journalism right now on Melania and the Billy tape.

And calling CNN and Fox out for doing softball interviews with Melania.

Battlechili

Banned
CNN is livestreaming an interview with Gary Johnson right now in Las Vegas. Its a surprisingly interesting and informative interview. Really wish it was being aired on television. I can't seem to find the livestream anywhere but on CNN's Facebook page at the moment either, which is kind of odd.

EDIT: And it just ended. Darn.

Debirudog

it's a good sign when the losing opponent keeps yelling, "rigged!" despite all the evidence to contrary. DGAF Obama said it best: Stop fucking whining.

The immigration one was what surprised me. I didn't realize it was that unfavorable.

This always gets glossed over, because 'The Wall, ZOMG!!' but that number has been pretty consistent all year. No one believes the wall talk, or that we're gonna round up millions of people. Except for the Internet Nazis, but they're gullible

kess

Funny, I just realized that if Bayh manages to pull this one out, Indiana will have two Democratic senators for the first time since the early 70s. Not bad for what is considered a stronghold of Republicanism.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Berkeley is amazing. A certain subset of students are super eh tho. And that includes our spineless college repubs who "haven't endorsed trump as an organization" but are oh so eager to fly his banner and wear his hats when tabling every day.

It's fitting I guess. They've got the integrity to match their idols.
I met the smartest people I know, and some of the dumbest I have ever met at Berkeley. It's weird.

Also the most conservative people I have ever met, I met in Berkeley. It's like people seek it out just to run counter to the perceived stereotypes.

This George Wallace quote has been making the rounds today. It's funny how political excuses don't ever really change, they just get repurposed

IMG_20161018_223004.jpg

Funny, I just realized that if Bayh manages to pull this one out, Indiana will have two Democratic senators for the first time since the early 70s. Not bad for what is considered a stronghold of Republicanism.
Missouri and Indiana might have 2 Democratic senators while Iowa has 2 Republicans. Nuts.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Bowdz

Missouri and Indiana might have 2 Democratic senators while Iowa has 2 Republicans. Nuts.

It's pretty crazy. IN and MO might also have Democratic governors as well.

I think it highlights a bipartisan issue: both parties need to make sure they have a robust bench of candidates at every level even in States that are reliably R or D at the presidential level. It happened in MA during the 2010 runoff and in 2014 with the gubernatorial election, it happened in MI with Rick Snyder, and it might happen in NC. I hope part of Obama and Holder's redistricting effort is helping to fill out the bench in every state to ensure that the Democratic party can always put up competent candidates even during midterms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom