• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

SexyFish

Banned
This George Wallace quote has been making the rounds today. It's funny how political excuses don't ever really change, they just get repurposed

I bet Trump has another favorite George Wallace quote:
George Wallace said:
I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever.

johnsmith

remember me
This George Wallace quote has been making the rounds today. It's funny how political excuses don't ever really change, they just get repurposed

IMG_20161018_223004.jpg
Why would someone take a picture of a monitor just for a quote

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, this is an election for President.

Between a woman no one likes, and a pompous blowhard who has no clue what he's doing, and actively works with our enemies...

I feel like all this has happened before...

CvGQ1-cUEAAN4G6.jpg

NeoXChaos

Christopher HayesVerified account
‏@chrislhayes
Before this history gets re-written in real time. The "turning point" in the race was the 1st debate, not the Access Hollywood tape.

Stuart Rothenberg ‏@StuPolitics 51m51 minutes ago
Stuart Rothenberg Retweeted Sean T at RCP
Um, the turning point in the 2016 presidential election was when Trump was nominated.

Iolo

Why would someone take a picture of a monitor just for a quote

This is going to trigger shinra.

We've gone from text to screenshots of iPhone notes to actual camera pictures of screens of text. I'm going to upload my next post as a Word doc.

RoKKeR

Got my ballot today! Excited to take some time this weekend to dig into the obscure choices, state constitutional amendments, issuance of bonds decisions, etc. Kind of crazy/disgusting to see Trump's name on the ballot, even after all of this...

+1 McMullin in Utah.

Got my ballot today! Excited to take some time this weekend to dig into the obscure choices, state constitutional amendments, issuance of bonds decisions, etc. Kind of crazy/disgusting to see Trump's name on the ballot, even after all of this...

+1 McMullin in Utah.

Noooooo

smurfx

get some go again
exactly how many people is trump allowed to have at the debates? hillary should just have huge fanboys like adam at the debate who will yell anytime hillary does something. plays much better on tv than the circus atmosphere trump is trying to create with his guests.

Cyanity

Banned
A vote for McMullin does nothing to help Hillary if Republicans have the majorities of states in the House. I feel like we keep talking about this and it's the same reasoning.

We should just let him have the damn state at this point. He's earned it. Hillary's got winnable states to campaign in.

I guess SUSA did a poll of NC?

Hillary: 46
Trump: 44
Johnson: 6

Burr: 45
Ross: 42
Some Guy: 6

Cooper: 47
McCrory: 45

Sorry if it was posted. It just went on 538.

The presidential election is over, Utah votes are for psychological messages. If McMuffin wins Utah, that's a humiliating defeat for Trump. If Hillary wins Utah, that's a humiliating defeat for Trump and Utah Democrats get a psychological boost.

If you think Hillary and McMuffin have similar odds of winning Utah and you like Hillary, definitely vote for Hillary in Utah. But if you think McMuffin's odds are much better and you just want to humiliate Trump more (since the election has already decided)....

Yeah I would just go with Hilary. There's nothing to suggest she has any less of a shot than McMullan

Man Clinton put in some serious debate prep for this one. I just want her to knock tomorrow out of the park and crush Trump while also giving substantial policy answers. Trump is going to get very nasty though.

If the poster genuinely supports McMuffin, sure. It seems like there's been a bit of talk that Hillary supporters in Utah should vote McMuffin for strategic reasons, which I find misguided. Hillary needs a majority (i.e., 270) of electoral votes to win. Winning the most electoral votes is meaningless if it's not a majority. Therefore "denying electoral votes to Trump" has no strategic value.

Now if as the election gets closer the polls start to show a close race between Trump and McMuffin with Clinton well behind and you just want to embarrass Trump then I can understand voting McMuffin though I probably wouldn't do so personally. For now I'd say the proper strategy is to vote for Clinton and hope Trump/McMuffin/Johnson split the Republican vote enough for her to steal those electoral votes. I mean, when was the last time we got to see Utah go blue?

ascii42

Mostly I just think it'd be cool if a 3rd party (or unaffiliated) candidate won electoral votes for a reason besides racism.

This makes me a little concerned about groups hacking the vote. They seem a little too confident.

I'm not worried. After all, Romney was delusional enough not to have a concession speech prepared and he's an infinitely more competent candidate than Trump.

EDIT: Which I see you've since addressed.

shiba5

According to The NY Times, Trump is going to play up the stupid health conspiracy. I hope Clinton asks him about his sniffles.

If the poster genuinely supports McMuffin, sure. It seems like there's been a bit of talk that Hillary supporters in Utah should vote McMuffin for strategic reasons, which I find misguided. Hillary needs a majority (i.e., 270) of electoral votes to win. Winning the most electoral votes is meaningless if it's not a majority. Therefore "denying electoral votes to Trump" has no strategic value.

Now if as the election gets closer the polls start to show a close race between Trump and McMuffin with Clinton well behind and you just want to embarrass Trump then I can understand voting McMuffin though I probably wouldn't do so personally. For now I'd say the proper strategy is to vote for Clinton and hope Trump/McMuffin/Johnson split the Republican vote enough for her to steal those electoral votes. I mean, when was the last time we got to see Utah go blue?

There really isn't any plausible scenario where Hillary falls short of 270 (sans Utah) but wins Utah to get above it. Her vote share would have long collapsed in Utah if she ends up losing states like North Carolina and New Hampshire.

Bowdz

Good to hear:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...camp-asks-for-change-to-handshake-protocol-at

Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton’s campaign has asked to change the setup of the pre-debate greetings on Wednesday night, The New York Times reports.

At previous debates, the spouses of both candidates have met to shake hands. But this time around, former President Bill Clinton and Melania Trump will enter the debate hall in a way that avoids having the families cross paths.

Two people with direct knowledge of the situation told the Times that the Clinton camp requested the change after the last debate, after GOP nominee Donald Trump invited three women who’ve accused Bill Clinton of sexual assault to attend as his guests.

There was speculation Trump would have the women sit with his family, ensuring they would cross paths with the former president as the start of the event.

The Commission on Presidential Debates stepped in at the last debate to say that said if Trump did seat the women in his box, security officers would remove them.

The Senate model since the first debate is striking. Also, this is pre-Bayh +6 poll to be added.

CvGD6xeVIAAfZ26.jpg
Yeah but downticket hasn't been affected by Trump at all!!!

Real talk these were all knife's edge races and I'd rather be the Dem candidate who's up 10 points putting my thumb on the scale rather than the Republicans here

shiba5

Must he restort to this bullshit? There are "better" points of attack he could be harping on heavily. Smh.

He's gone full Breitbart. He's still gotta play up to all those nutters so he can launch TrumpTV after he loses bigly. He's going to trot out every conspiracy you've ever heard of tomorrow - maybe even reptilians to give Alex Jones a boner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom