• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to put that FL Miami dade number into context that translates to a 86k additional raw vote advantage in Miami dade alone over what Bams got in 2012.....he only won the state by a little over 70k votes in 2012.

She's winning Florida by 5pts. It's lit.

I'm usually really conservative in my estimate on things. Just because...I'm a chickenshit liberal. :p

However, I'm not seeing how we don't win Florida. We have a huge ground advantage. We have favorable demographics. We have a huge new registration advantage. I just...it's hard for me to find a path where Trump wins Florida. But, I don' twant to fuck it up!

So FUCK OMG WE'RE LOSING FUCK!

Morning Joe is night & day in comparaison with MSNBC's nightly coverage

i am really liking Brian Williams' 11th Hour and hearing Shmidt confirm that Trump is a sinking Titanic who struck the iceberg at Debate 1

Blader

Fucking LOL @ "remove the Dems from the polls where Hillary wins, and she loses"

also, those Miami-Dade numbers are pretty crazy. And unless there's some serious ticket-splitting happening in FL this year, that's real bad news for Rubio.

SexyFish

Banned
i am really liking Brian Williams' 11th Hour and hearing Shmidt confirm that Trump is a sinking Titanic who struck the iceberg at Debate 1

If he hit the iceberg at Debate 1, he quickly sank, hit an explosive mine, sunk further and drifted straight into a underwater volcano by now.

avaya

I'm usually really conservative in my estimate on things. Just because...I'm a chickenshit liberal. :p

However, I'm not seeing how we don't win Florida. We have a huge ground advantage. We have favorable demographics. We have a huge new registration advantage. I just...it's hard for me to find a path where Trump wins Florida. But, I don' twant to fuck it up!

Plouffe already said 12 repeat today means a win of at least 2.5pts on demographic drift alone.

I never had a doubt about Florida since Rubio and CRUZ dropped.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
That's because morning joe is dreading having lost the 90s so bad to bill Clinton that his toxic wife gets elected 10 years later on a platform of ignoring him.

HylianTom

Banned
I'm keeping notes on whom to follow on Election Night twitter, and Bill Mitchell has become an absolute must. He seems metaphysically certain of Trump's impending victory..

Plouffe already said 12 repeat today means a win of at least 2.5pts on demographic drift alone.

I never had a doubt about Florida since Rubio and CRUZ dropped.
And her re-election bid gets incrementally easier as a result of this drift.

SexyFish

Banned
I'm keeping notes on whom to follow on Election Night twitter, and Bill Mitchell has become an absolute must. He seems metaphysically certain of Trump's impending victory..

Got to watch Grover Norquist as well. He'll be ranting about his vaping rights being taken away from him.

sazzy

I'm worried that, with these trends in the polls, tonight's debate will disrupt Hillary's/Donald's momentum upward/downward...

I still have this weird idea in my HEAD CANNON that Trump is going to drop out like 2 days before the election. He'll do some "It's rigged folks. It's rigged. And I am not going to have my name associated with a rigged system." It lets him explain away his loss (It was rigged and I wasn't even trying!)

I'm worried that, with these trends in the polls, tonight's debate will disrupt Hillary's/Donald's momentum upward/downward...

Personally, I think Clinton has been like a cat playing around with a mouse for entertainment for the last month.

I think tonight is going to be the kill

sazzy

Kellyanne on MSNBC.

She looks so... peaceful.

No more angst.

Finally we're at the acceptance stage, are we?

witness

My wife and I are doing out part and voting early on Monday after work. So fucking excited to vote, turn Florida blue again and therefore bury the orange menace.

Fucking LOL @ "remove the Dems from the polls where Hillary wins, and she loses"

also, those Miami-Dade numbers are pretty crazy. And unless there's some serious ticket-splitting happening in FL this year, that's real bad news for Rubio.

It was lost in the Locker Room talk and Pussy-grabbin' fiasco, but the Trump-Cuba affair was an inflection point in certain Miami enclaves. The enclaves that do a lot of the GOPs GOTV heavy-lifting

Check out Hialeah, the Cuban Mecca of Miami-Dade, voter registration

IMG_20161019_094012.jpg

I think tonight is going to be the kill

They've got the entire GOP chained to Trump and tonight is where they put Trump in concrete boots and toss him in the water, hoping the rest of the party finally sinks with him. She's going to hammer him relentlessly on fitness for office and his crazy conspiracy theories he keeps repeating.

I will be curious to see how much of a rebranding, if any Fox News does after the election. They pretty much single handedly set the tone of the GOP, so where they go, the party follows. They tore in to Trump during the primaries before he was a lock, I expect them to turn on him pretty quick after he tanks the election and several down ballot races. Hannity probably has to go, but I am sure he is already doing lighting tests on Trump's new network.

I'm going to repeat this again, because I still think it's right. I don't think Hillary is going to go out there and just tear him apart. That's not her strategy. The thing she has going for her, more than anything else, is that she's seen as having the right temperament to be President. Getting in the mud with Donald won't help her with that.

If anything, she'll do the happy warrior thing of the 1st debate. That's where she shines, but I feel like 99% of that was Trump imploding. She had a few good lines in there, and I'm sure she'll have a few more. But, the goal should be to stay looking Presidential. Let Donald flail around like a lunatic.

jtb

Banned
I will be curious to see how much of a rebranding, if any Fox News does after the election. They pretty much single handedly set the tone of the GOP, so where they go, the party follows. They tore in to Trump during the primaries before he was a lock, I expect them to turn on him pretty quick after he tanks the election and several down ballot races. Hannity probably has to go, but I am sure he is already doing lighting tests on Trump's new network.

Of course, they face the same Paul Ryan dilemma that they already tried (and failed) to reckon with in the primary: if they pivot to "the better way," their base will reject it en masse and flock to Trump News Network.

I'm going to repeat this again, because I still think it's right. I don't think Hillary is going to go out there and just tear him apart. That's not her strategy. The thing she has going for her, more than anything else, is that she's seen as having the right temperament to be President. Getting in the mud with Donald won't help her with that.

If anything, she'll do the happy warrior thing of the 1st debate. That's where she shines, but I feel like 99% of that was Trump imploding. She had a few good lines in there, and I'm sure she'll have a few more. But, the goal should be to stay looking Presidential. Let Donald flail around like a lunatic.

You can still do this while putting the preverbal dagger and getting in some great one liners of tough tone.

"Donald, I don't think you're unfit to be President, I know you're unfit to be President".

Shit like that imo

@mitchellvii: Republican Primary turnout exceeded 2012 by over 60% yet pollsters are now sampling lower R GE turnout than 2012.
@mitchellvii: That so many absentee ballot requests come for a single country hints that Democrat support in FL is narrow and focused, Trump's is broad.
@mitchellvii:There is not a single pollster even pretending to be sampling the potential monster vote for Trump despite record Primary turnout.
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/788723521304326144

this guy is hilarious.

avaya

Florida I reckon will be 8.4-8.6m total votes, hovering at 70% turnout. Hispanics may push this higher.

She'll bleed -1120k amongst white voters which will be cancelled out entirely by AA and Asian/Other demo. Hispanics to carry her through to 400k+ vote margin of victory.

It's so done.

Wilsongt

The real question tonight is, besides the American people, what else will Trump fuck tonight? He's already fucked a chair. Is a podium next? Maybe Hillary's leg?

HylianTom

Banned
This is the last major scheduled event of the campaign before Election Night. We're here. 20 days.

A few possible events left:
- endorsements (Poppa Bush or Powell for Hillary? Romney for McMuffin?)
- the mythical oppo
- possible final infomercial
- remaining Wiki bombs?
- mega campaign events with Hillary and her all-stars on stage together

After a certain point, the coverage will turn to get out the vote bits or interest, Dixville Notch, and logistics. I'm getting a bit excited.

Mailing my ballot out today. Hoping Murphy pulls it out. Local government is getting ruined by the gop. They're locking in their power in a deep blue county

Blader

It does sound like the Murdochs are expanding the news side of Fox News in a big way, and doing little or nothing new with the opinion side.

Hannity is contracted with Fox until 2020. O'Reilly and Megyn Kelly's contracts expire next year. My guess is they get Kelly to re-up, and O'Reilly retires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom