• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

No this is rubio throwing a bone to Clinton supporters in Florida and signalling to the never Trump neo-cons he's still willing to be their lapdog.

Yup. He's going to try running again in 4 years and he wants to start working on it now in hopes he can get his home state. He knows full well just being from there isn't enough.

From a moral perspective, I 100% agree with you. It's objectively terrible. But I just don't see the non-fringe totally buying this. If anything, I think this just further widens the divide between Republicans with and without a college degree. And at the risk of being grossly elitist, the undereducated will have to be totally lost in the short term to allow Dems to start strengthening the widening base.

Edit: on quick reflection I'm having a hard time totally defending this position, so I'm totally open to being wrong and too crass on this one.
Agreed. This is about Trump's base which is the far right. Granted the Republican Party has made this an issue for eight years but even most fringe House members haven't gone as far as Trump has in terms of outright claiming Obama was not really elected in 2008.

We'll see where things stand in a month after the entire Republican Party accepts the loss except for Donald Trump, Milo, Don Jr, and a few other fuckboys.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Not dooming and glooming, but I think this will be a tough night for Clinton.

Trump is going to be even more unhinged and she also has to deal with a FOX host. Trump we nt answer any questions and Wallace probably won't call him out on it.

Imma let this one slide, because i've respected your insight and wit for years.

As an olive-branch, here is my favorite quick dish to make when the wife is away at conferences. Spaghetti and cucumber

Attach4015_20161009_112030.jpg

I can't eat cucumber! SAD!

I do all the cooking in the house for the fiance and the children, and I'm a damn good cook. (I can provide references!) I just have interesting tastes in alcohol.

Yup. He's going to try running again in 4 years and he wants to start working on it now in hopes he can get his home state. He knows full well just being from there isn't enough.

I can't help but think that the 'Little Marco' and Marco Roboto episodes are going to dog Rubio for the rest of his career.

I can't eat cucumber! SAD!

I do all the cooking in the house for the fiance and the children, and I'm a damn good cook. (I can provide references!) I just have interesting tastes in alcohol.

Interesting as in rare or 'Hey, we're doing shots of Sambuca and Bailey's!' interesting.

Not dooming and glooming, but I think this will be a tough night for Clinton.

Trump is going to be even more unhinged and she also has to deal with a FOX host. Trump we nt answer any questions and Wallace probably won't call him out on it.

I think Trump gets played like a fiddle-it's clear that he devolved his debate approach into his stump speech last go around and his team seemed OK with that, so Clinton's team can adapt to that strategy and throw Trump off balance so he starts blaming random people and saying crazy things.

The wife's a vegetarian, but as a life-long omnivore, i've had to repurpose all my recipes to accommodate her (I do all the cooking).

When we first started dating, her idea of cooking was two cans of stewed tomato and plain, cubed, un-drained tofu.

Here's our lentil tacos with homemade guac from two weeks ago. Noms!

IMG_20160816_184400.jpg

The wife's a vegetarian, but as a life-long omnivore, i've had to repurposed all my recipes to accommodate her (I do all the cooking).

When we first started dating, her idea of cooking was two cans of stewed tomato and plain, cubed, un-drained tofu.

Here's our lentil tacos with homemade guac from two weeks ago. Noms!

IMG_20160816_184400.jpg

Nice. I actually would go vegetarian again without any problem. I think the fiance would explode. (He's very much a meat and potato kind of guy.) It was his brithday lat night so I made his favorite (Steak and gravy, mashed potatoes, corn pudding, carrots, homemade biscuits and ambrosia salad). I also made strawberry shortcake (that I can't eat because I'm allergic) and a buttercake.

Emarv

I call Rubio on his bullshit. If Rubio runs in 2020 against Clinton and doesn't say "she had a public and private face" or "we've already seen her pay 2 play *wink*", I will eat my shorts. This is short term before he changes his mind again in 3 years.

I wonder if an infomercial would help drive her favorables up a notch. Did the infomercial in 08 have any impact on Barry-O's favorables?
No. I'ts too baked in for her. (I don't know about Obama in 2008). There's just not enough room to move those numbers much more than they are now. I don't think she broke even after the convention. I think a 3-4 margin is the best we can hope for right now.

Nice. I actually would go vegetarian again without any problem. I think the fiance would explode. (He's very much a meat and potato kind of guy.) It was his brithday lat night so I made his favorite (Steak and gravy, mashed potatoes, corn pudding, carrots, homemade biscuits and ambrosia salad). I also made strawberry shortcake (that I can't eat because I'm allergic) and a buttercake.

That sounds amazing. I'd make an offer to be roommates, but sounds like your life is fairly well squared-away.

When she's away on business, the dog and I live on Publix spicy chicken wings and steak with crumbled blue cheese and mushroom gravy. That's my jam

That sounds amazing. I'd make an offer to be roommates, but sounds like your life is fairly well squared-away.

When she's away on business, the dog and I live on Publix spicy chicken wings and steak with crumbled blue cheese and mushroom gravy. That's my jam

Man, I thought we could be friends, but you get Publix and I don't. So....not sure where we go from here. (Gimme dat sub from Publix and a pie. And a doughnut. And another pie.)

Emarv

Man, judging by some of these Republican comments today, it seems clear that in the week leading up to the election, the Republicans are gonna dump Trump HARD. Gonna be a full breakup right before the clock runs out.

Man, I thought we could be friends, but you get Publix and I don't. So....not sure where we go from here. (Gimme dat sub from Publix and a pie. And a doughnut. And another pie.)

Dem Publix subs complete me. The entire Publix bakery and deli is my life, in fact. I've found their pre-made pizza dough is the most consistently tasty dough ever, 17 min in the oven, perfect every time.

Dammit, now i'm hungry

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Man, judging by some of these Republican comments today, it seems clear that in the week leading up to the election, the Republicans are gonna dump Trump HARD. Gonna be a full breakup right before the clock runs out.

I don't know. I think if they were going to go full scale dumping, they would have done it already. The current strategy of just ignoring him, or brushing off mention of him is the most we'll see.

HylianTom

Banned
No. I'ts too baked in for her. (I don't know about Obama in 2008). There's just not enough room to move those numbers much more than they are now. I don't think she broke even after the convention. I think a 3-4 margin is the best we can hope for right now.
I'm starting to think maybe an infomercial for the Democrats in general might be a better idea than a Hillary-specific infomercial.. Hillary has her race taken care of, but using popular surrogates to positively compare and contrast the Dems' agenda - especially on policy items that poll well with convinceables - might be worthwhile, especially if it could possibly nudge the downballot numbers a point or two in our direction.

Emarv

i saw that, painful to listen to. Should just have subtitles.

Seriously, emphasis is all over the place, says luchará (the accent is there for a reason!) all wrong, actually very difficult to understand
Yglesias' tweet was perfect. It's the exact type of rough emphasis you'd expect from someone trying to learn just from a quick program or lesson.

"I like to picture Obama staying up late eating almonds and practicing on Duolingo."

I'd kill to see Trump try and speak Spanish for even one sentence. I'd die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom