• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaugebozo

mOknvm.png

change debate 1/2 = 4.1
change debate 2/3 = 1.5

momentum dying!!!
Change in the change (acceleration)= -2.6.

At this rate, she'll be behind by January! Trump only needs 6 more debates to make his case!

kadotsu

Banned
I know it would be politically unwise but I would love it if Hillary dropped the Clinton name in the lame duck period. A President Rodham would be great.

Depends on the polls' LV screen. Most don't count new voters in those models, but they Could be captured by RV models. The odd part is we are seeing smaller than usual splits between LV/RV which has been between 3-4% based on previous years' polls

Yeah, thats strange because of Democrats' massive lead in new voter registration and GOTV. I'm wondering if Hillary Clinton can out preform her polling like Obama did because of that, but I'm trying not to get too optimistic.

What did they call Taft?

Chief Justice or Mr. President?

That could get kind of confusing.

I know it would be politically unwise but I would love it if Hillary dropped the Clinton name in the lame duck period. A President Rodham would be great.
Yea, that would have been nice, if only to differentiate the two more easily.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just wanted to take an informal poll in here: Do you think Trump's numbers will get better, worse, or stay constant from here until election day? The pattern appears to be downward, but I'm curious at what point the trend will finally cease.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Joe Scarborough is sobbing hearing that

I say his numbers get better. He will rally the base a bit tonight and let's be frank...he can't get that much worse.

Revolver

I see CNN is still pushing the O'Keefe video today. Where was the indignation over Infowars openly offering money to disrupt Hillary rallies? There was no hidden camera needed there.

Just wanted to take an informal poll in here: Do you think Trump's numbers will get better, worse, or stay constant from here until election day? The pattern appears to be downward, but I'm curious at what point the trend will finally cease.

It looks like its slowly getting lower but I'd say it stays about 39%-41%

slightly better probably but it will underestimate the final result in favor of clinton

Mr. President is his title, forever.

Unless he is currently holding some other role in government. For example, should Bill decide to run for Senate and get elected, he would be Senator Clinton until he retired again, at which point he would revert to "Mr. President." The question is, does First Gentleman represent a government title? I would argue it does, so he'll be First Gentleman Bill Clinton until such a time as Hillary is not President, at which point they will revert to Mr. and Madame President.

From what I've read about Tom Cotton he seems like a dude that would do well the primaries but then get beaten down in the general because he's a far-right asshole.

CNN is literally the only station pushing the okeef propoganda bullshit. Once it comes out that his footage was doctored, they're going to have an egg their face.

tuffy

I think it'll finally cease dropping on election day. There won't be any big opportunities to change the trajectory of the race after tonight, so we'll settle into a self-sustaining cycle about how badly Trump is going to lose.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
CNN is literally the only station pushing the okeef propoganda bullshit. Once it comes out that his footage was doctored, they're going to have an egg their face.

This isn't the first time an O'Keefe video has wound up embarrassing CNN. You'd think they would learn at some point, but no...

jbug617

Banned

It has to get better. It can't get any worse right?

Ty4on

I'm thinking they'll keep declining, but slow down and then gain a bit right before the election.

Emarv

This isn't the first time an O'Keefe video has wound up embarrassing CNN. You'd think they would learn at some point, but no...
Eh, by that time (next month probably) Zucker will have moved on and started the 2020 election countdown clock.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Eh, by that time (next month probably) Zucker will have moved on and started the 2020 election countdown clock.

If the last time this happened is any indication in 3 days it will come out that O'Keefe doctored the video or the guy wasn't who he said he was or something and CNN will have to issue another retraction.

gaugebozo

Was going to go with worse after the debate, and then better till election day, but I actually think they'll just keep getting worse. Undecideds and some of the third party voters are going to break against him. This won't be a very large effect though.

Harty

Neo Member
The weird thing about Kansas is it is in the top 15 for High School graduate and Bachelors Degree per capita.

Generally that would translate into a Democratic stronghold. I wonder if the correlation is high oil/natural gas employment, which tend to lean Republican.

My guess is also low diversity numbers and high rates of religion is driving up those numbers, but those are assumptions as I haven't looked up those particular demographics.

As a Kansasan I can say the main goal is to get through the poor education system (the first thing to get fucked over in the Brownback era was k-12) get through college and then get the fuck out. No one stays here. No one wants to stay here. Because of this the old guard has a stranglehold. We should be progressive but when all the young, educated folks flock from the state in droves it's real hard for those That want this place to chance. Like, we are in so much debt now it's depressing and somehow I know nothing will change.

Kansas made that bed of shit. Let them continue to lie in in. Maybe they are determined to race Mississippi to the bottom.

I want to defend my state but you're right but just know there are those of us sick to death of this shit and it's so frustrating. I was really hoping things would start to change but if Brownback doesn't wake people up ... really discouraging. Still going to vote for Hills and be damn proud when she takes on these d-bags as prez!

Veelk

Banned

I think this is the biggest reason that Trump's had the success he's had. And probably the biggest concern going forward is who is going to try to replicate his success by trying to recapture this kind of media attention while maintaining political credibility, as Trump failed to do.

Trump's numbers are probably going to continue to experience a slow decline until the election especially if the negativity surrounding him remains in the forefront.

It has to get better. It can't get any worse right?

Nah. It can go lower. For example, a leaked video showing him sexually assaulting a woman should lower his numbers a fair bit.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Unless he is currently holding some other role in government. For example, should Bill decide to run for Senate and get elected, he would be Senator Clinton until he retired again, at which point he would revert to "Mr. President." The question is, does First Gentleman represent a government title? I would argue it does, so he'll be First Gentleman Bill Clinton until such a time as Hillary is not President, at which point they will revert to Mr. and Madame President.

First Lady is currently not used as an honorific. Michelle Obama is "Mrs. Obama", not "First Lady Obama".

I really want to win Arizona and Texas. I can think of few things more fitting than having a candidate whose primary platform is a border wall lose every single state on that border.

If the last time this happened is any indication in 3 days it will come out that O'Keefe doctored the video or the guy wasn't who he said he was or something and CNN will have to issue another retraction.

The guy in the video resigned from his sub-contracting work, so I guess the PAC he was working for didn't want the heat, and he presumably meant what he said in tape. It's a nothing-burger in the grand scheme, but it's another scalp for Rape Boat O'Keefe

NeoXChaos

As a Kansasan I can say the main goal is to get through the poor education system (the first thing to get fucked over in the Brownback era was k-12) get through college and then get the fuck out. No one stays here. No one wants to stay here. Because of this the old guard has a stranglehold. We should be progressive but when all the young, educated folks flock from the state in droves it's real hard for those That want this place to chance. Like, we are in so much debt now it's depressing and somehow I know nothing will change.

I want to defend my state but you're right but just know there are those of us sick to death of this shit and it's so frustrating. I was really hoping things would start to change but if Brownback doesn't wake people up ... really discouraging. Still going to vote for Hills and be damn proud when she takes on these d-bags as prez!

Kansas was so Republican before recent polarization. Don't know how it can turn with it being so much worse.

Historically, Kansas has been strongly Republican, dating from the Antebellum age when the Republican Party was created out of the movement opposing the extension of slavery into Kansas Territory. Kansas has not elected a Democrat to the U.S. Senate since the 1932 election, when Franklin D. Roosevelt won his first term as President in the wake of the Great Depression. This is the longest Senate losing streak for either party in a single state.

The only non-Republican presidential candidates Kansas has given its electoral vote to are Populist James Weaver and Democrats Woodrow Wilson, Franklin Roosevelt (twice), and Lyndon Johnson.

The Democrats have won control of the Kansas Senate only in the 1912 election and control of the Kansas House only three times in the 1912, 1976, and 1990 elections. Since the 1968 election Kansas has consistently voted for the Republican Presidential candidate and since 1860 has voted for the Republican presidential candidate 20 times, the Democrat six times and the Populist candidate once.

studyguy

O'Keefe video will be forgotten today anyhow.
After today the only things being talked about will likely be the third round of Trump we have to suffer on the national stage.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The guy in the video resigned from his sub-contracting work, so I guess the PAC he was working for didn't want the heat, and he presumably meant what he said in tape. It's a nothing-burger in the grand scheme, but it's another scalp for Rape Boat O'Keefe

Remember the Sherrod thing? That wasn't O'Keefe, but I can't help but feel this is going to wind up being the same thing all over again.

Emarv

Even a "Texas is too close to call" update will make me cream my shorts. We'll probably lose it, but just the initial shock will be enough to get me excited.

His absolute floor is 27% (Crazification Factor), but I see him gaining a point or two in the averages over the next 3 weeks.

If we get another bomb, all bets are off and we revert back towards a slide down to his floor

I think this is the biggest reason that Trump's had the success he's had. And probably the biggest concern going forward is who is going to try to replicate his success by trying to recapture this kind of media attention while maintaining political credibility, as Trump failed to do.

Its a double edged sword though. The only way to get that much free media is to be bombastic. But doing the things that get you all that attention is what drives away the elusive "independent voter"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom