• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zukkoyaki

Bill Mitchell after the election going to be like:

CvJcbQ0VUAAJHA8.jpg:large

Effect

I think this is the biggest reason that Trump's had the success he's had. And probably the biggest concern going forward is who is going to try to replicate his success by trying to recapture this kind of media attention while maintaining political credibility, as Trump failed to do.

This is what the likes of Morning Joe will jump up and down to deny. The media gave Trump all the attention he wanted and more on a daily basis during the primary. It's why he never had to spend any money. He could call into Morning Joe and Fox and Friends anytime he wanted they were all to happy to have him on. When the history on this election is written I really hope people do not let the media's part in this be ignored. They're doing work now compared to before but only because they helped create the situation we're in and they realized just how close he was.

jmdajr

Rubio on leaked emails

Live by the leak, and you may die by the leak.

That's the message Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., is sending to his fellow Republicans, as he swears off using campaign material that originates with WikiLeaks.

"Today it is the Democrats. Tomorrow, it could be us," Rubio said in a statement.

"I will not discuss any issue that has become public solely on the basis of WikiLeaks," added Rubio, who is up for re-election. "As our intelligence agencies have said, these leaks are an effort by a foreign government to interfere with our electoral process, and I will not indulge in it."

Zukkoyaki

How the fuck does Hillary go down a whole point in Silver's model on a morning where you get a national Ann Selzer poll with her +9 and another one with her +10 in SurveyUSA and her +6 in Arizona?!

Whatever. That poll out of Arizona actually improved Hillary's chances there relative to the nation, which means it might be an even safer bet than Iowa, Ohio and North Carolina.

IBD/TIPP poll came out that had Trump +1 (LOL)

They've already acknowledged it as a significant outlier. Though it's amusing how much attention their model gives to outliers.

Trump's guest list also includes Amb. Chris Steven's fiance.

I legit hate Trump right now. Asshole is completely shameless. Exploiting the grief of loved ones. I need to take a break.

Trump still isn't serious and wants to get by on bluster only. The funny thing is that he can probably do it. The media will set up the debate as if Hillary needs to knock out Trump, so all he has to do is show up and not be out of control like in the first debate. That's all it takes for the media to say he did alright/well.

It seems like Obama has him on tilt though and these polls have to be weighing on him too. We'll see. I don't think he'll be out of control but you never known.

Now I'm wondering what dirt is hiding in Rubios emails.

Likely coordination with business groups. Him pretty much doing whatever they want

Those would clearly be in the public interest though I'd much rather them be selectively leaked by parties or whistleblowers rather than a foreign hacker (or any hacker)

Unless there is an outburst from one of them those guests aren't going to mean anything. Obviously Trump will point to them to try and ask Clinton to apologize.

Trump's been off the Ailes train since before (or shortly after) the first debate.I thought that was pretty well known-if Ailes had his ear he would have provided a much different tone-more dog whistle, less crazy.

Anyone else giggle everytime Trump compares himself to Brexit? All I think about are all those interviews of people regretting not taking it seriously and wishing they voted to stay the day after.

Oh and Brexit still hasn't been triggered. Can't wait to see the actual fallout.

Wilsongt

Trump's been off the Ailes train since before (or shortly after) the first debate.I thought that was pretty well known-if Ailes had his ear he would have provided a much different tone-more dog whistle, less crazy.

I don't believe Trump has any dog whistles left. He is one step away from literally saying "Go to polling plaes infested with blacks and make sure they don't vote muliple times."

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Ryan is still crazy good in front of a camera as far as I'm concerned. I still consider him a 2020 threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom