• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to take an informal poll in here: Do you think Trump's numbers will get better, worse, or stay constant from here until election day? The pattern appears to be downward, but I'm curious at what point the trend will finally cease.

I think his numbers will get better in the last week as it begins to sink in that Hillary has a good shot at winning, but it probably won't be nearly enough to overcome the distance between them.

Just wanted to take an informal poll in here: Do you think Trump's numbers will get better, worse, or stay constant from here until election day? The pattern appears to be downward, but I'm curious at what point the trend will finally cease.

I think both of their numbers get better as undecideds come off the sidelines and the margin might adjust slightly towards Trump.

But also that hasn't happened yet and he isn't changing so idk.

jmdajr

Kasich on rigged system

“Look, to say that elections are rigged and all these votes are stolen -- that’s like saying we never landed on the moon, frankly,” said Kasich. “That’s how silly it is.”

The Ohio governor further criticized Trump’s position for sowing paranoia about the integrity of democratic institutions.

“I don’t think it’s good for our country, for our democracy, and I don’t believe we have any massive fraud,” Kasich said. “We don’t have that. That’s just a silly argument.”

“The problem is it does create doubt in people’s minds and I worry about 25 percent of Americans who may say when the election’s over that it was stolen,” he added. “That is a big, fat joke.”

Christian

Boy, if I spent over 20 years trying to assassinate the character of a person for when they inevitably ran for president, only to watch that plan blow up in spectacular fashion, I'd probably feel pretty empty inside. But that's just me. And I'm not in the habit of blaming everyone else for my stupidity. And I still have my soul. So.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
the most important thing overall is what happens to the @FLOTUS handle? Does Bill take it and change the L to a G? Does Michelle keep tweeting?

There have been acting first ladies that weren't spouses of the president. Maybe they'll give the title to Chelsea? dunno

From what I've read about Tom Cotton he seems like a dude that would do well the primaries but then get beaten down in the general because he's a far-right asshole.
Yeah. Cotton strikes me as smart and disciplined, but charmless and utterly without warmth. I think conditions would have to tilt very anti-Hillary in order for him to be a formidable general election candidate.

zethren

Banned
Boy, if I spent over 20 years trying to assassinate the character of a person for when they inevitably ran for president, only to watch that plan blow up in spectacular fashion, I'd probably feel pretty empty inside. But that's just me. And I'm not in the habit of blaming everyone else for my stupidity. And I still have my soul. So.

The folks responsible for those two decades of smearing her in the media deserve every second of her victory. We want to talk about corruption in the media? Well then.

Revolver

What's the point of CNN trying to talk to anyone with those supporters yelling in the background? Can't make out what they're saying with that one loudmouth constantly yelling "lock her up" and "I've read your emails Podesta!"

rulerk1

the sea of trump supporters on CNN and their heckling is amazing. I don't think I never seen so much yelling and disrespect from when they do these crowd panels things

Wang's PEC Senate margins are killing me. The model has been set in cement for weeks. He has NC & NH at less than 50% chance for Dems. It's just hard to grok that
[continues shopping for rubber sheets]

Screenshot_20161019_131705.png

Nafai1123

Banned
Ahh I see. I've seen this idea thrown around a few times already.

How probable is that of being true/happening?

Doesn't really make sense to me why any deplorables would be democrats to begin with. Not to say they absolutely don't exist, but I can't imagine the population being large.

Steve Schimidt said the presidential race is over, the Senate is Dem and if the race was today the Rs would lose 25 seats.

That's great, but say we win the Senate this year. How much could she possibly get done in the two years before the almost guaranteed Republican/tea party wave of 2018?

jtb

Banned
That's great, but say we win the Senate this year. How much could she possibly get done in the two years before the almost guaranteed Republican/tea party wave of 2018?

Establish/solidify a liberal SCOTUS majority.

Doesn't Ailes have a non-compete? Ailes can't help him cash in on the destruction of our democracy, so he's ceased to be of any use to him.

chadskin

Ailes and Trump broke up, reportedly: http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/10/roger-ailes-donald-trump-no-longer-speak

“Ailes’s camp said Ailes learned that Trump couldn’t focus—surprise, surprise—and that advising him was a waste of time,” Sherman said. “These debate prep sessions weren’t going anywhere.”

On the Trump side, Ellison said the story is different: “Even for the second debate, Ailes kept going off on tangents and talking about his war stories while he was supposed to be prepping Trump.”

Joeytj

Banned
How the fuck does Hillary go down a whole point in Silver's model on a morning where you get a national Ann Selzer poll with her +9 and another one with her +10 in SurveyUSA and her +6 in Arizona?!

Whatever. That poll out of Arizona actually improved Hillary's chances there relative to the nation, which means it might be an even safer bet than Iowa, Ohio and North Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom