• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

While I'm a staunch federalist, some things will forever belong to the states, and there's no fixing places like Kansas and Mississippi. Here in MS, we voted down a law that would force the govt to fund the schools!

Took a war to stop Slavery. Kennedy dying to stop segregation and Civil Rights. The South would have never gotten rid of those two without federal override.

Boke1879

This debate won't move the needle unless one of them shits themselves or faints on stage.

I suspect Wallace will ask tough questions and follow up questions to both. I don't expect Clinton to have the best answers to every single one. But it's also about how you answer and time and again when Donald is pressed he feels it's a personal attack and lashes out.

It'll be interesting to see if he interrupts her again or if she says something that'll tick him off.

Dierce

The last debate was painful to watch, so count me out of this one. I will still read commentary from more courageous individuals here.

Dany

Banned
The last debate was painful to watch, so count me out of this one. I will still read commentary from more courageous individuals here.

the first thirty mintues of the second debate was so bad to watch. Made me so anxious and nauseous.

Not sure why folks dismiss Emerson and don't trash 538 for the same shit (in principle):

CvJzopYXgAAHbXt.jpg:large

Either way that will help McMullin.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm under immense stress from work and grad school right now, so I'll probably avoid the debate tonight, sadly :/ Maybe I'll watch the Red Wings game instead.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a daqueen meme that's like daquan but about for voting for Hillary behind their conservative family's back?

Wiz

I'm hoping Chris Wallace keeps them on topic, but yeah, this debate has zero hype. Might have it on in the background

Hazmat

Utah Clinton supporters should vote for McMullin considering the recent polling, no?

No, McMullin winning Utah doesn't help Clinton as she needs 270 EVs to win. Denying Trump votes doesn't help her, as a no-one-gets-270 scenario sends the decision to the House and Trump wins in that case. That's situation is absurdly unlikely, but McMullin winning Utah doesn't help Clinton.

Armaros

No, McMullin winning Utah doesn't help Clinton as she needs 270 EVs to win. Denying Trump votes doesn't help her, as a no-one-gets-270 scenario sends the decision to the House and Trump wins in that case. That's situation is absurdly unlikely, but McMullin winning Utah doesn't help Clinton.

If Hillary doesn't get 270 without Utah then she already lost the election.

Lenz44

Banned
I'm ready to see Trump foaming at the mouth tonight. See if Hillary can keep getting under the thin skin. Maybe try for quoting Obama and tell him to stop whining.

thebloo

I'm prepared to be disappointed by Wallace. The narrative for the past few weeks has changed and the media is no longer in the tank for Trump. Also, his odds of winning are as small as his hands, so there's not much to "lose" by going in hard on Hillary.

She'll do fine and Trump will be dumb as usual, but I think we'll see a "Fair and balanced" debate.

I'm prepared to be disappointed by Wallace. The narrative for the past few weeks has changed and the media is no longer in the tank for Trump. Also, his odds of winning are as small as his hands, so there's not much to "lose" by going in hard on Hillary.

She'll do fine and Trump will be dumb as usual, but I think we'll see a "Fair and balanced" debate.

I think Wallace will ask pointed questions about policy and surprise people with his follow through.

Hazmat

If Hillary doesn't get 270 without Utah then she already lost the election.

I know that. That doesn't change the fact that it makes no sense for Clinton supporters in Utah to vote for McMullin. People ask this question because they think that taking the votes from Trump helps Clinton, I'm pointing out that it does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom