• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadotsu

Banned
Someone must be controlling the Trump twitter today because it's been nothing but a string of posts with news articles about Clinton.

It is hard to get the coke to Trump ratio right for the debate. So it's better to take away any means of communication in the process.

jiggle

It's a photoshop.

Someone doubled the size of his hand.
Just right
AVzHCZfh.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
andrew kaczynski
@KFILE
Trump in 2008: Hillary Clinton will 'go down down at a minimum as a great senator' cnn.it/2dr1DBs

3:08pm · 19 Oct 2016 · Twitter Web Client

If 'Trump used to praise Clinton' is the big oppo play before tonight ...

: /

giphy.gif

Boke1879

If I was the CPD I would empty out the guest list outside of immediate family. This circus act actively demeans what little integrity and normalcy we've still got left in this campaign season.

I mean, it doesn't matter to Hillary and I'm not sure what Trump is trying to do here but they should 100% refuse to seat big swaths of the invitees from both campaigns.

I really feel like Trump has assured the GOP change their primary process a bit after this.

I do hope the CPD gets rid of audiences and guests outside of immediate family. Hell even family can watch backstage.

For some reason, conservatives are just now freaking out about Paul Ryan declaring himself a "classical liberal" a few days ago. "Traitor Paul Ryan admits he's a liberal, not a conservative."

It's going to be fun watching his career these next couple years.

This dude Richard Quest on CNN keeps screaming and walking directly up to the giant screen his reporter is on. Why does the US get all the trash British presenters?

Trump has turned presidential debate into a reality show style conflict oriented drama. He is really the worst.

I think after this the debate commissions need to consider doing away with audiences or have them far enough away that their applause is inaudible, and gain tighter control over guests who aren't family or campaign officials from attending. It's embarrassing.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
For some reason, conservatives are just now freaking out about Paul Ryan declaring himself a "classical liberal" a few days ago. "Traitor Paul Ryan admits he's a liberal, not a conservative."

It's going to be fun watching his career these next couple years.

Dude's probably spent the whole cycle looking for Boehner's escape tunnel. God help the GOP if he finds it.

Wilsongt

Let this map happen. Please. South Carolina, repent and come to the good side for a coast to coast wipeout.

Lololol

The state that voted Newt in 2012, elected A governor who lied about going on a hike to congress, had three elected officials try to stop the process of removing the confederate flag, and the state which has an elected official actively on Twitter praising Wikileaks and saying they want more?

Richland County is liberal, but not enough to drown out the Corridor of Shame and the peedee.

Slayven

Lololol

The state that voted Newt in 2012, elected A governor who lied about going on a hike to congress, had three elected officials try to stop the process of removing the confederate flag, and the state which has an elected official actively on Twitter praising Wikileaks and saying they want more?

Richland County is liberal, but not enough to drown out the Corridor of Shame and the peedee.

No we are not just going to gloss over this. Motherfucker disappeared for 2 weeks so he could got o south America to get laid. Then they damn near had to torture him to get the truth

shiba5

So we have Obama's brother who supports Hamas and Bill's "illegitimate son" who was debunked by Drudge of all people. When keepin' it Breitbart goes wrong.

Um, Buzzfeed CEO just tweeted this

Jonah Peretti‏ @peretti

Surprised Ivanka would be shocked by lewd language. I met her once & she casually said: "I've never seen a mulatto cock, but I'd like to!"
I...??

The CPD needs new restrictions on guest invitations to prevent this Jerry Springer shit from happening ever again.

Why is this shit a fait accompli at this point? CPD should pull both candidates' "family" seats amd put them in separate rooms with TVs. Why are we all just shrugging our shoulders waiting for the chairs to start flying?

'Murica was a bad idea.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Ivanka whining about being perceived as a surrogate for her father's campaign is my everything. Lady, this is how it works! You don't get to selectively walk out, defend your father, say some empty words about policies he doesn't actually care about, and then disown the 95% of his vile campaign that might be hurting your business interests. You especially don't get to pretend to be just the innocent daughter of a candidate when your husband is knee-deep in campaign strategy. You and your husband's fingerprints are all over the campaign.

Neither candidate should be able to invite people besides family, this just makes a mockery of the debate, it's disgusting and childish.
Indeed. I don't understand what purpose the Commission on Presidential Debates believes non-family guests serve. I want them removed next time around. It's a fucking sideshow.

Boke1879

Hillary gets first question.

No opening or closing statement. (according to MSNBC)

She's gotten the first question every debate right?

I'm kinda glad at no opening statement at least. Doesn't give Trump a chance to spew a bullshit speech. I mean he'll do it anyway but he'll look stupid if he has to do it when he should answer a question.

That Silent Majority article by Vox and posted by someone here is fantastic. It really encapsulates what this election is all about at the end of the day: those who bow their heads down and do the actual work versus the loudmouths. It also serves to illustrate that the new Obama coalition (women + minority groups and millennials to a lesser extent) has now been galvanized by the Democrats on their side.

That Silent Majority article by Vox and posted by someone here is fantastic. It really encapsulates what this election is all about at the end of the day: those who bow their heads down and do the actual work versus the loudmouths. It also serves to galvanize that the new Obama coalition (women + minority groups and millennials to a lesser extent) has now been galvanized by the Democrats on their side.

+ another consideration: the millions of women disgusted by Trump but who are married to hardcore Trump supporters; quietly voting for Clinton without telling their hubbies

I think Trump wants one of these guests to make a scene right then and there and destroy the debate. That's what he tried to do last time but was stopped.

It's not about "psyching" anyone out at all. It's much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom