• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Trump wants one of these guests to make a scene right then and there and destroy the debate. That's what he tried to do last time but was stopped.

It's not about "psyching" anyone out at all. It's much worse.
Yes, this is easily his biggest goal. The debate commission needs to understand what the fuck is happening.

studyguy

I think Trump wants one of these guests to make a scene right then and there and destroy the debate. That's what he tried to do last time but was stopped.

It's not about "psyching" anyone out at all. It's much worse.

What the hell is Obama's brother gonna do to Hillary though.

The camera pans to this random ass dude and all of America goes like 'Who the fuck is this guy, Obama has a brother??'

Loudninja

She's gotten the first question every debate right?

I'm kinda glad at no opening statement at least. Doesn't give Trump a chance to spew a bullshit speech. I mean he'll do it anyway but he'll look stupid if he has to do it when he should answer a question.
Its riggedddddddddddddddd.

jtb

Banned
+ another consideration: the millions of women disgusted by Trump but who are married to hardcore Trump supporters; quietly voting for Clinton without telling their hubbies

exactly. I suppose it's a bit premature, but I always found it a bit ridiculous that Trump would be the one who would have more "shy" voters. when, exactly, have Trump voters been shy about much of anything?

Teggy

Oh boy. I thought this had already been resolved?

Garance Franke-Ruta‏ @thegarance
Inbox: "THE ABANDONED SON OF PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON WILL ANNOUNCE THE FILING OF A PATERNITY LAWSUIT AT A NEWS CONFERENCE IN LAS VEGAS TODAY"

The Obama half-brother thing doesn't seem to make any logical sense, so it's right in Trump's wheel-house.

Though, I'd love for Trump to bring up birtherism more. Every time the whole thing or sexual assault is talked about, in any context, is a win for Hillary.

Boke1879

At most they can only scream or yell shit. If they get up and try to charge the stage Secret Service will body slam them to the floor. Maybe that's what Trump wants, but I don't know how he expects that to help him.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
At most they can only scream or yell shit. If they get up and try to charge the stage Secret Service will body slam them to the floor. Maybe that's what Trump wants, but I don't know how he expects that to help him.

He wants to make that the story instead of his failure.

The Obama half-brother thing doesn't seem to make any logical sense, so it's right in Trump's wheel-house.

Though, I'd love for Trump to bring up birtherism more. Every time the whole thing or sexual assault is talked about, in any context, is a win for Hillary.

In Trump's world, it does. President Obama called him a whiny loser a couple days ago so this is fair game, in his mind.

HylianTom

Banned
If anything, it'll highlight his poor temperament. I'd love to see them try some shit, especially in contrast with Hillary's steeled nerves.

Teggy

And didn't you guys and gals say Ivanka was the good one?

I think what we've determined is that there aren't any good ones. Tiffany might be harmless having been mostly raised by her mother. Barron we don't know, but has already been seen sporting the douchey slicked back hair, so he may be infected.

I would though like to see if there is a response from the Times regarding the claims they used bad stats.

I guess Pat Buchanan was made redundant with Trump running and David Duke batting cleanup, but he decided today would be a perfect opportunity to let everyone know the "system is rigged"... against White guys.

image684591x.jpg

Stay losin' Pat

Okay.

So, if I was in Utah, I'd be voting for McMuffin. And here's why.

It has nothing to do with Hillary needing those votes. It has nothing to do with denying Trump a path to 270. It has nothing to do with this election at all. It has everything to do with getting rid of the rot that is at the core of the Republican party. We need two functional parties in this country. While I am a dyed in the wool liberal, we cannot go on like this. The Democratic party can not be the only thing that stands between us and fucking Armageddon. There needs to be a repudiation of Trumpism if there's going to be a chance to salvage something out of the conservative movement.

Because, look, there are some people who are never, ever going to vote for us. There are some people, well meaning people, who are single issue voters. A little old lady in Wherethefuck, Iowa who just believes, with all her heart, that abortion is wrong. Democrats will kill the babies. Maybe she's not alright with fucking Nazism, but she is a single issue voter. We're not going to win her. If the GOP can have some type of come to Jesus moment about what they've become, at least we can end up with people who are terrible, but within the normal confines of terrible.

I don't know if the GOP, as it is today, is salvageable. But if they can be shown there is another way, a way that doesn't call for racism as a core tenant of "conservative" ideology.....then, I sincerely hope it gains a bit of traction. Because what we have now? What we have now is not okay.

mamathisisgarbage.gif

Okay.

It has nothing to do with Hillary needing those votes. It has nothing to do with denying Trump a path to 270. It has nothing to do with this election at all. It has everything to do with getting rid of the rot that is at the core of the Republican party. We need two functional parties in this country. While I am a dyed in the wool liberal, we cannot go on like this. The Democratic party can not be the only thing that stands between us and fucking Armageddon. There needs to be a repudiation of Trumpism if there's going to be a chance to salvage something out of the conservative movement.

Because, look, there are some people who are never, ever going to vote for us. There are some people, well meaning people, who are single issue voters. A little old lady in Wherethefuck, Iowa who just believes, with all her heart, that abortion is wrong. Democrats will kill the babies. Maybe she's not alright with fucking Nazism, but she is a single issue voter. We're not going to win her. If the GOP can have some type of come to Jesus moment about what they've become, at least we can end up with people who are terrible, but within the normal confines of terrible.

I don't know if the GOP, as it is today, is salvageable. But if they can be shown there is another way, a way that doesn't call for racism as a core tenant of "conservative" ideology.....then, I sincerely hope it gains a bit of traction. Because what we have now? What we have now is not okay.

mamathisisgarbage.gif

I think it's fine to vote Hillary or McMuffin.

If you vote for the latter, it's simply to send a message. It has nothing to do with the electoral vote count.

Grief.exe

Okay.

mamathisisgarbage.gif

We've looked at the facts, looked at the policies, and looked at the results, both empirical and theoretical, to come to this conclusion. That one of the parties in this country is fundamentally broken and needs to be fixed.

Here's my question: why does the other side believe vehemently in the opposite conclusion?

I think it's fine to vote Hillary or McMuffin.

If you vote for the latter, it's simply to send a message. It has nothing to do with the electoral vote count.

Right. But I'm arguing that the only way the GOP is going to get the message is if they get hit in the Electoral pocket. They need someone to peel off a win instead of just a handful of protest votes.

Right. But I'm arguing that the only way the GOP is going to get the message is if they get hit in the Electoral pocket. They need someone to peel off a win instead of just a handful of protest votes.

I was agreeing with your entire argument. Reinforcing it, actually.

edit: I can see the confusion. I should have said the EV count means nothing in relation to Hillary.

I'm rewatching 30 Rock and it's weird to hear jokes about Donald Trump and Jeb Bush from 2006. These people didn't exist to me ten years ago. But, somehow, they've always been there.

Edit: Even Ann Coulter. Wow.

Mark it down - many of the left-leaning third party voters will have a come to Jesus moment in the voting booths and go Hillary, whereas Trump will receive no such gain from right-leaning voters. This will leave Hillary with 51-53% of the vote and Trump with 37-39%. Maybe a nudge higher/lower (respectively).

The blue wall states will go for Clinton in the double digits, she'll sweep the swing states and do surprisingly well in red states. Maybe even winning a few that aren't on anyone's radar.

sazzy

debate 1: Donald tries to be presidential. Hillary let's loose on him with multiple baits. Donald chases them down the rabbit hole, gets lost, loses the debate.

debate 2: Hillary is done with baiting. She ignores Donald's attacks and instead focuses on the questions asked. Donald wastes his time trying to get back at her for debate 1, puts forward no coherent argument for his presidency, and loses the debate.

debate 3: Hillary completely ignores Donald and makes the case for her presidency. Donald, still seething from debate 1, debate 2, and other scandals, continues to attack Hillary, and loses the debate.

edit- if Hillary does attack anyone, it will be the GOP, Ryan and McConnell for nominating Donald. This is the biggest audience she can hope to get to deliver that message at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom