• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowdz

But if they don't have a President who can improve turnout, won't that prove to be an obstacle down the road for the downticket? Especially with an electorate in many states that is growing further towards the opposition?

Look at how many statehouses the GOP lead. The Democrats have abysmal midterm turnout which allows Republicans to be elected in States like MI, MA, and NM and it allows then to further gerrymander districts. They'll have a hard time in presidential elections, but they'll continue to clean house during the midterms.

Paskil

jC8GT08.jpg

I love this so much. 2016 election is the best timeline.

Look at how many statehouses the GOP lead. The Democrats have abysmal midterm turnout which allows Republicans to be elected in States like MI, MA, and NM and it allows then to further gerrymander districts. They'll have a hard time in presidential elections, but they'll continue to clean house during the midterms.

I'm not super optimistic and I know this doesn't mean Dems will just start winning state legislatures across the country, but how long before Democratic growth causes Democrats to just break even in midterms in terms of popular vote? Democrats did slightly better (.6%) in 2014 than 2010 in terms of popular vote. But I suppose politics would have changed by then anyway for it to matter.

I've always wondered what happens on these panels during commercial break. Do the Trump surrogates apologize like it was a Steven colbert skit and say they are getting paid?

User1608

Banned
AC is awesome.
A). Announcer says "Finish Him"
A2).That could be anyone of the palette swaps.
B). Where did I go wrong in life that this just happened.
Lol at A2. True!

Anyway, I'm expecting peak Trump tonight like many of you are. It should be crazy.

Nafai1123

Banned
Lol @ Wolf already throwing shade about inviting Malik.

"So you know he openly said he was friends with Gaddafi and supports Hamas right? Did you guys vet him at all?"

Just saw that Ivanka comment. Hey, remember when people thought that she would be able to completely soften his image and be the secret weapon that saves his campaign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom