• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, so Chris Stevens' former "fiance" is someone he was briefly engaged to in 1995?

It's like the most inept Legion of Doom reboot ever. I feel like they've got the some random bodega cashier who was pissed that Clinton didn't close the cooler door one time, waiting in the spin room.

"Ha ha, Hillary! We've gotcha this time"

sazzy

41X10i.png

jtb

Banned
Jake Tapper has looked progressively more droopy over the past few weeks. He has a very good "I'm just so disappointed" face.

NeoXChaos

That argument hasn't stopped other Democrats from complaining about the party's decision to cede the field to Rubio, who lost the GOP presidential primary this year but pointedly refused during a debate this week to commit to serving out another six-year Senate term. Democrats need to net four seats to take back control of the Senate if they hang onto the White House.

Republican Sen. Marco Rubio is getting help from an unlikely quarter as he campaigns for re-election: the Democratic Party.

The party's Senate committee this week abandoned Rubio's Democratic rival, Rep. Patrick Murphy, yanking advertising off the expensive airwaves of the Sunshine State and sending the money to competitive races in smaller states where fundraising dollars go farther.

The decision leaves Murphy, who's raised only about one-third as much as Rubio in recent months, largely on his own.

https://apnews.com/52e309263a0a466db54d16be8f0adb85

Veelk

Banned
Okay, so I have a friend that believes that Hillary stole the election from Bernie through some kind of corruption. I don't know, some states like California had delays, and even though a google search revealed a benign and more than plausible explanation, she's skeptical and thinks it's likely Hillary Clinton paid off the vote counters to lie about who got how many votes or some shit.

I know this is bullshit, but I genuinely don't know how it's ensured that votes are counted accurately. I'm guessing the system in place is fairly secure since this is never even a concern, but I don't actually know the process. So...anyone?

Iolo

Hillary paid off the vote counters---all of them, down to the polling station---with the proceeds from her Wall Street speeches.

I know this is bullshit, but I genuinely don't know how it's ensured that votes are counted accurately. I'm guessing the system in place is fairly secure since this is never even a concern, but I don't actually know the process. So...anyone?

She paid off every County Elections Supervisor to miscount, and the auditors who verified, and the Secretary of State who certified it? And they all stayed quiet?

Your friend needs to lay off the wacky-tabacky

Drakeon

Okay, so I have a friend that believes that Hillary stole the election from Bernie through some kind of corruption. I don't know, some states like California had delays, and even though a google search revealed a benign and more than plausible explanation, she's skeptical and thinks it's likely Hillary Clinton paid off the vote counters to lie about who got how many votes or some shit.

I don't think you'll win that argument regardless of the proof you provide.

COLUMBUS (WMCH) — With 22 days to go until Election Day, many voters across Franklin County are mailing in and casting their votes early. But a mistake made by the county’s Board of Elections has some wondering if their absentee ballots will make it to the election office at all.

“When we sent out instructions to about 58,000 folks that have requested the absentee ballots, the instructions indicated $.47 was required to send back the ballot to the Franklin County Board of Elections, but in reality it was $.68 that was required as to where anybody that has two sheets of paper in their ballots,” said David Payne, Deputy Director of the Franklin County Board of Elections.
Hillary is sabotaging Frankin county's votes too.

Hopfrog

Sounds like your friend is a conspiracy theorist who is unlikely to be swayed by pointing out that such a conspiracy is outlandishly implausible.

cruets

man, i'm such a smuck, i voted for hillary in california and didnt get paid....

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Did the Trump campaign help make Malik Obama an American citizen just so he could show up at the debate? #justaskingquestions

Amir0x

Banned

During primaries, election judges are usually representatives from various campaigns. As soon as voting ends, ballot boxes are sealed under the eye of these judges. They are then transported to counting facilities - ensuring the seal is not broken upon arrival - and then representatives from the various campaigns usually have representatives on hand to watch the whole counting process so nothing untoward happens.

During the regular election, these watchers are typically a representative from the Republican and Democratic party. During the primary, it'd have been a representative from the Bernie campaign and Hillary campaign respectively. Some are just counted electronically, in which case these election count watchers call in the numbers as they are reported from the computer system.

Slizeezyc

She paid off every County Elections Supervisor to miscount, and the auditors who verified, and the Secretary of State who certified it? And they all stayed quiet?

Your friend needs to lay off the wacky-tabacky

I would also say, find friends who don't say these things in the first place, because, well, they're terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRuCyzVMu3s

Bloomberg shows how to steal elections.

Not that it matters, but I think that's a really incorrect reading of the 2008 election. 2008 was the epitome of the prototypical "change election" scenario, where people were furious with a historically unpopular president in George W. Bush and Obama uniquely tapped into the desire for Americans to feel hopeful as the economy collapsed around them. It wasn't close in the polls from the get go.

Sarah Palin was a hail Mary specifically calculated to try to tap into that desire for change, only it was a bit too strategic because she wasn't properly vetted. It backfired spectacularly sure and she became a weight around McCain's neck by the end, but he was already polling behind (the only attack that had any effect was those "Obama is a celebrity" ad) and knew the only shot he had at winning was to get the attention back from this transformational candidate.

He would have lost either way. Combination of the economy collapsing (remember McCain's ill fated "I'm going to take a break from my campaign to deal with this" only for Obama's memorably snappy come back "presidents have to deal with more than one thing at a time"?) with Obama being a specifically astonishing campaigner combined with a true disdain for GWB as president. Poor McCain had no shot.

Spot. On.

I'm not sure if this is actually Malik Obama's Twitter account, but it would be amazing if it was.

They steal elections in Kenya all the time. We must stop America vote from being stolen. Must be fair!

Malik may be bonding with Trump over complaining that the elections they lost were rigged.

https://twitter.com/ObamaMalik/status/788878411968212992

edit: It's not :(

But it would have been great.

edit2: It might be?

https://twitter.com/ObamaMalik/status/788868673306030082

This picture doesn't look like it's from anywhere other than here.

But he's making Pepe the Frog tweets so...???

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Ugh, a friend of mine who works for Ipsos is posting a poll of theirs on facebook and using it to say the race is too close to call but I don't want to refute him on there in case he has coworkers watching.

NeoXChaos

I can only hope that Hillary wins by enough down here in Florida that it carries Murphy across the finish line. Crossing fingers!

it's going take either a bleed of Latinos particularly Cuban from Rubio or him outrunning Hillary with the white vote.

Kyle Kondik thinks she needs to win FL by 5 for Murphy to have a snowballs chance.

Zackat

this is unwatchable with the crowds screaming. They need to increase distance between the booth and the crowds next time they do these things, just like Gameday learned.

Joeytj

Banned

It's a very open way of counting in the U.S. and it's all handled by local citizens, not party officials. If someone is counting votes and then writes down the opposite of the real results from his or her batch, somebody will notice, since election night isn't the only or final time those votes will be counted.

There needs to be a massive operation of vote rigging in order to get away with fraud in the U.S., literally paying off thousands of people and nobody to notice at any level, and there are always representatives of all parties in polling booths and election offices, as well as independent election monitors.

But, yeah, in the end, democracy won't work if the people don't want it to. No matter how many safeguards are in place, only voter participation, confidence and interest will keep the election process honest.

sazzy

this is unwatchable with the crowds screaming. They need to increase distance between the booth and the crowds next time they do these things, just like Gameday learned.

notice how this is not happening on msnbc.

this is a direct result of donald encouraging shit against CNN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom