• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowdz

It's fucking mind boggling to me that there are still at least two pieces of oppo WORSE than Access Hollywood that are apparently incoming.

CvLdogVWAAELREp.jpg

ouch.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It's fucking mind boggling to me that there are still at least two pieces of oppo WORSE than Access Hollywood that are apparently incoming.
Waiting makes sense. I'd drop this next weekend. It just demoralizes the base.

It's stupid of Trump to say it's rigged without any proofs, but asking any candidate if they will support someone or concede ahead of time is pointless.

They can easily ask Trump to explain himself on his subject of rigged elections instead. That would have been a much more worthwhile question.

Ok, you don't understand, then.

Boke1879

It's stupid of Trump to say it's rigged without any proofs, but asking any candidate if they will support someone or concede ahead of time is pointless.

They can easily ask Trump to explain himself on his subject of rigged elections instead. That would have been a much more worthwhile question.

All he had to say was he'd accept the results no matter what they may be.

I'm refusing to say that is dangerous and a big deal. There has always been a transition of power with the loser conceding. Part of democracy.

The game Trump is playing is very dangerous because he's playing to his base. He could go out there on election night after his loss and claim he doesn't believe the results. How do you think he base will respond?

What he's doing is dangerous.

teiresias

Lord: "He didn't mock a disabled person"

Are we really still going over this? Christ, CNN is infuriating, I'm turning over to MSNBC.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
That went better than I thought it would. I knew Hillary would win, but I thought she would get hung up on questions. But she had her best performance yet.

Donald blew it. The only positive thing was he held off interrupting all the time.

Slacker

Could we trade Chris Matthews to CNN for Van Jones? Would make a dream team on MSNBC. Although MSNBC doesn't invite near as many fools on the air to tear down.

mrboo001

Banned
Okay.

So, if I was in Utah, I'd be voting for McMuffin. And here's why.

It has nothing to do with Hillary needing those votes. It has nothing to do with denying Trump a path to 270. It has nothing to do with this election at all. It has everything to do with getting rid of the rot that is at the core of the Republican party. We need two functional parties in this country. While I am a dyed in the wool liberal, we cannot go on like this. The Democratic party can not be the only thing that stands between us and fucking Armageddon. There needs to be a repudiation of Trumpism if there's going to be a chance to salvage something out of the conservative movement.

Because, look, there are some people who are never, ever going to vote for us. There are some people, well meaning people, who are single issue voters. A little old lady in Wherethefuck, Iowa who just believes, with all her heart, that abortion is wrong. Democrats will kill the babies. Maybe she's not alright with fucking Nazism, but she is a single issue voter. We're not going to win her. If the GOP can have some type of come to Jesus moment about what they've become, at least we can end up with people who are terrible, but within the normal confines of terrible.

I don't know if the GOP, as it is today, is salvageable. But if they can be shown there is another way, a way that doesn't call for racism as a core tenant of "conservative" ideology.....then, I sincerely hope it gains a bit of traction. Because what we have now? What we have now is not okay.

mamathisisgarbage.gif

Earlier tonight before the debate I meet with my sister's Mormon in laws from Utah that came up to Canada. They are old school conservatives. I asked about the debate, roughly went like this:

Me: So, how about that election?

Father in Law: What election *sighs*

Mother in Law: HILLARY IS EVIL AND TRUMP IS RUDE I'M VOTING INDEPENDENT

Me: Oh, that Mc... McMuffin er Mcmullin

MiL: YEAH, him, I refuse to vote to vote for Hillary or Trump

Me: Well, good! Vote for your conscience, I think he could.

MiL: I doubt but better than nothing...

Pick your odds for the inside reports from Trump Tower on election night

A) Complete bubble that violently bursts, everyone shocked, all true believers and Kool-Aid drinkers

B) Everyone knows except Donald and maybe one or two of the more sychophantic staffers, they all have to coddle and reassure him as the results come in, and the night becomes more and more terrifying as he realizes that something is wrong and becomes surlier and more colicky until full on shouting meltdown as he realizes what's happened

Slacker

My apologies for this, but:

Glenn Beck ‏@glennbeck 29m29 minutes ago
When trump says he respect women, does that include him saying 'such a nasty women' in a presidential debate?

Amir0x

Banned
guys can we just now take a moment to reflect that Hillary has won the presidency and we as a country nominated the first black president and first female president back to back and both were Democrats?

I mean really let this sink in how incredible this all is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom