• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowdz

I think Clinton's debate performance fired up her base to a large degree. Not only did she appeal to moderates, but she finally went after Trump full bore which everyone on the left had waiting for. You can't tell me that latinos, millennials, and women weren't fired up by that performance.

Veelk

Banned
Yeah, the prep paid off.
The times she flubbed or deflected were mostly because of the lack of ability to get in depth on the question not due to actions by her in the past.

I laughed my ass off at hillary's answer to the final question after Wallace thought she didn't prepare for it. Her speech was so eloquent compared to Trump's usual diatribe.

This was by far the most aggressive she's been in the debates so far, she may have attacked him more than he attacked her this time.

It wasn't unwarranted, either.

Yep and she did it without interrupting him. She managed to look so calm anytime she was attacked and just let him speak and then eviscerated him while explaining her own policy.

I think this was one of the great debate performances I've seen.

Ithil

I wish they would talk about his completely nonsensical talk about Mosul and Aleppo that made it painfully obvious he knew absolutely nothing about either situation, particularly when he seemed to think it was the US who were conducting the Mosul offensive, or something, when he nattered about how the Mosul offensive by the Iraqi army was about making Clinton look good (???) for the election.

Or how he seemed to see absolutely no merit in trying to retake Mosul to save the millions of civilians trapped there under ISIS, he just kept going on about ISIS leaders (so he doesn't know Raqqa is their HQ, not Mosul, either) as though that's the only reason to try to retake a major city.

Why is Joy Reid a b tier pundit

She's the best

Because she's young, black and was an Obama operative. It's more difficult for her producers to parlay that background into something safe and "neutral" for a demographic that skews older and more Conservative than the electorate as a whole

Watching CNN.

Am I the only person who kind of actively hates Harry Potter. It's like the worst fiction.

Give me GOT or LOTR for good realized fantasy. Not trashy fiction which screwed everything up after the 4th book

Diablos

Even if that was the case, how does that hurt her?
I'm tired of this troll sucking the air out of what little sound political discourse we've seen this year. Hillary did such a great job. Yet everyone can't stop talking about the Trump train wreck as usual. That's all fine and good, but this debate didn't change the dynamic, he's still doomed. Her performance tonight if people would just spend more time on it could really go towards helping her image improve though. The incessant Trump dominance, positive or negative, is just exhausting.

Oh and it was obvious that Trump knew nothing about DC v Heller besides the fact that it was about guns. That's my one regret this debate. No one just asked him about something that everyone in politics should know about without giving followup. Oh and he also talked about babies getting ripped out of the womb a day before they are due to be born. I guess at least he was calm speaking about it?

Bowdz

Watching CNN.

Am I the only person who kind of actively hates Harry Potter. It's like the worst fiction.

Give me GOT or LOTR for good realized fantasy. Not trashy fiction which screwed everything up after the 4th book

I stopped reading after the fourth book and never finished the movies. It was decent fiction, but it never pulled me in the way other series did.

Watching CNN.

LotR is terrible, Harry Potter's characters are a billion times better. Harry, Snape, and Voldemort are all incredibly well-crafted characters, LotR has boring people in the book that only become good in the movies.

Voto Latino lady on MSNBC pointed out Trumps "tune in" concession comment saying it's him playing the media to get an infomercial from Trump TV (which had a soft launch on Facebook today?).

shiba5

Patton Oswalt's twitter:

Trump's face looks like three blown-out assholes floating in a bowl of butterscotch pudding. Just a quiet observation. #debates 

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
What was the point of Benghazi mom when trump didn't even mention Benghazi

Trump made her witness another Hillary murder. His own.

Nafai1123

Banned
I am very happy with Hillary's performance tonight. She did exactly what I hoped she would. Avoid playing it safe and go for the jugular. She looked extremely confident and her answers were substantive, which is to be expected, but she also managed to take advantage of nearly every opportunity to jab Trump. She was prepared for the tough questions even if she did pivot quickly instead of delving into the complexities of the defense. She looked confident and many times looked like she was having fun.

I think it was the best debate for both of them, but that's not saying much for Trump. Wallace was MOAT. He did an incredibly job of keeping both candidates AND the audience in line.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Who are all these people that think Trump is more honest and truthful than Hillary? The man is a huge bullshit artist. He's pathological.

Tamanon

Banned
Are we sure Trump wasn't about to leak some secrets to Wikileaks about the DNC? Because Hillary killed him.

I'm still workshopping this one

Cyanity

Banned
I wonder if media will ever pick up on the fact that every time Trump announces his master plan to bury Hillary, her team comes out and completely shuts the plan down to the point where it isn't even covered in the news the next day.

Bill's infidelities - shut the fuck down
Bill's accusers
I'm aware that he actually committed sexual assault, but he isn't running for prez
- shut the fuck down
Obama's brother - not really even brought up
Benghazi mom - not brought up

Tamanon

Banned
I wonder if media will ever pick up on the fact that every time Trump announces his master plan to bury Hillary, her team comes out and completely shuts the plan down to the point where it isn't even covered in the news the next day.

Bill's infidelities - shut the fuck down
Bill's accusers
I'm aware that he actually committed sexual assault, but he isn't running for prez
- shut the fuck down
Obama's brother - not really even brought up
Benghazi mom - not brought up

This is all just proving his point about not announcing your attacks.

sazzy

people who say they are undecided voters so close to an election are losers who want to feel like a special snowflake fairy butterfly

So Gloria Allred is going to roll out another Trump accuser tomorrow

Trump you fucking deplorable piece of rambling orange puss. Just drop out already.

ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA! (I had a free 20 minutes)
ap62EZW.gif

Amir0x

Banned
So Gloria Allred is going to roll out another Trump accuser tomorrow

Trump you fucking deplorable piece of rambling orange puss. Just drop out already.

oh he's going all the way down with this ship

i just hope he ties the rest of the Republicans to his titanic as it goes down >:)

I'm actually more infuriated with Trump than I have been with Trump the entire election. I mean, I thought I had hit peak levels of wrath that I could feel toward a politician before hand, but I guess not.

An untarnished history of peaceful transitions of political power is one of the few things that is objectively great about American history and he just shits all over it. It's absolutely the most unpatriotic thing I've ever heard out of the mouth of an American Citizen. I mean as if trying to turn a liberal democracy into the most limp-dicked fascist state wasn't bad enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom