• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hillary Clinton ‏@HillaryClinton 5m5 minutes ago
That feeling when you win three straight debates. #DebateNight

Also, I just want to say, this is not just Donald Trump fucking up. Hillary gave a masterclass in how you debate. This was a flawless performance from her.

She was giving high fives to people after the debate.

Also did anyone else notice Trump's face after the debate and Hilary was walking to shake Wallace's hand? He looked like he finally realized he lost

Economy
50-48 Clinton
Immigration
50-48 Trump

Diablos

******ing even in victory.

SMH
Oh she did win and I'm happy that she did as I've been saying. But I want to see people praising that after the debate ends and not the networks all like OMG LETS FORGET ALL THE GOOD THINGS CUT RIGHT TO TRUMP NOT ACCEPTING THE RESULTS IF HE LOSES

shiba5

AAFX17U.gif

OMG the tiny hands!

Link

The Autumn Wind
Hillary Clinton ‏@HillaryClinton 5m5 minutes ago
That feeling when you win three straight debates. #DebateNight

Also, I just want to say, this is not just Donald Trump fucking up. Hillary gave a masterclass in how you debate. This was a flawless performance from her.
I think she did a poor job answering the Clinton Foundation allegations, but otherwise, I'd agree.

kevin1025

Banned
She was giving high fives to people after the debate.

Also did anyone else notice Trump's face after the debate and Hilary was walking to shake Wallace's hand? He looked like he finally realized he lost

Is Trump maybe not in control of himself? Maybe he wants to do better but his own body fails him.

#lowenergybodyhighenergymind

No, he's just plain dumb.

Crocodile

I gotta say I was impressed by her Wikileaks answer and how well she was able to pivot it and slam Trump with his Putin ball washing. She was on fucking point.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I gotta say I was impressed by her Wikileaks answer and how well she was able to pivot it and slam Trump with his Putin ball washing. She was on fucking point.
Who'd have thought taking the time to properly debate prep would pay off?!

Oh she did win and I'm happy that she did as I've been saying. But I want to see people praising that after the debate ends and not the networks all like OMG LETS FORGET ALL THE GOOD THINGS CUT RIGHT TO TRUMP NOT ACCEPTING THE RESULTS IF HE LOSES

Trump fucking up is ALWAYS going get the headlines.

Who'd have thought taking the time to properly debate prep would pay off?!
Man, who would have thought sleeping would be such great debate prep?

Not that Trump's statement about her resting wasn't stupid, but the fact that I'm assuming she probably gets at least 6-7 hours a night is probably immensely helpful compared to Trump who's up tweeting at 4 in the morning

I think she did a poor job answering the Clinton Foundation allegations, but otherwise, I'd agree.
I actually disagree. It was great debate strategy. If you answer the question that was actually asked, you're being defensive. She was able to go on the offense, and give the stats that the Clinton Foundation helps people. Go from something uncomfortable to something comfortable.

When you debate well, you admit you're not going to win every single exchange. You're just not. She is not going to win that exchange no matter what she says. So, just talk about something else without actually pivoting to something insane.

master15

So incredibly proud of what a strong performance Hilary delivered. Outside a few wonky moments, she was super strong, direct and powerful with her replies and answers.

Surprisingly decent moderation also.

rjinaz

So I guess Killary goes back into the coffin until election day?

Seriously, can't wait to hear what Trump says about her performance this time. We have low energy, sickness, and drugs. What's next?

I for one am glad how she managed to bring up the dozen+ government agencies that pointed finger at Russia over the hack and continuously used the word espionage. It's absolutely correct. The media seemed to completely forget this when talking about the leaked emails, and is treating this like FOIA dump.

I agree about Hillary's performance. She completely annexed the center and the left of Ameican politics in a way that almost everyone on that spectrum can support without losing coherency. Trump was nothing short of gibberish all night but even if he did prepare with coherent policy remarks she had him completely locked into the bounding box that he created for his positions in the primaries.

If if Trump brought his game, he didn't have anywhere to go. She nailed it.

Is anyone also talking about the way that Trump repeatedly said that she shouldn't be allowed to run for the office? That was about as bad as the concession response.

Toxi

Banned
I'm surprised the 30 years response by Clinton isn't getting more attention.

She destroyed Trump there. Like hellfire. I saw his flesh charred off his bones.

rjinaz

I for one am glad how she managed to bring up the dozen+ government agencies that pointed finger at Russia over the hack and continuously used the word espionage. It's absolutely correct. The media seemed to completely forget this when talking about the leaked emails, and is treating this like FOIA dump.

Rubio's response to these hacks was on point. These attacks on our country should not be applauded just because they happen to work in their favor.

And yes I admit that I would be bias if they were attacking Trump with leaks, but, in the end, I would still rather not have them then have them. Fuck Russia.

Veelk

Banned
I'm surprised the 30 years response by Clinton isn't getting more attention.

She destroyed Trump there. Like hellfire. I saw his flesh charred off his bones.

I am baffled that he thought he was going to win that one.

Reviewing her resume is probably how Hillary Clinton sex talks Bill in bed these days.

Pixieking

Banned
Vox giving credit to Hillary and her campaign:

Clinton’s successful execution of this strategy has been, fittingly, the product of traits that she’s often criticized for: her caution, her overpreparation, her blandness. And her particular ability to goad Trump and blunt the effectiveness of his political style has been inextricable from her gender. The result has been a political achievement of awesome dimensions, but one that Clinton gets scarce credit for because it looks like something Trump is doing, rather than something she is doing — which is, of course, the point.

Fantastic performance from Hillary. Clinton Foundation answer has me thinking "Just answer the question!", but it's too deep to unpack in 2 minutes, especially with Trump interrupting. Loved Hillary's closing speech - so positive.

I just realized, did Benghazi not come up once as an actual question to Clinton? I think Trump mentioned it once in the first debate. Considering that's been the war chant for 4 straight years Trump completely failing to bring it up is hilarious.

Man, I'm just so happy at how well she did tonight. I would have been happy with her just staying positive, but her managing to actually destroy Trump while sticking to her own issues when she wanted was done so masterfully.

These undecided panels are like the perfect visual explanation for why the LAT poll is a really stupid idea. Once your sample is fixed and it leans too fear left or right, you can't do anything about it.

Sibylus

Banned
Hillary killed it. History will remember it, even if right now we're all fixated on Trump setting himself on fire again.

Man, every major media outlet in Mexico is also headlining with the Trump refuses to concede angle, and Hillary's response of: Horrifying.

Nothing else is dominating. The few other things are other anti-Trump shit.

Saw it pop up on BBC too. This shit isn't washing off.

So the first time Trump said "bigly", my wife and I (mainly me) laughed so hard that our neighbors heard us and felt compelled to join us for the rest of the debate. It didn't help that he said "bigly" again before they'd even knocked on our door. Which, no offense to them, was kind of a bummer, since my wife and I were both drinking and they're both in the program. Made things slightly awkward. Could've been worse; they could have been Trump voters.

When she called Trump "Putin's puppet" I literally (figuratively) shit myself laughing. Like, fuck it, bury him. That was solid gold. My wife missed it, as she was getting a book from our daughter's room, and she came back like "why did everyone just go 'ohhhhh'". Whoops.

Hillary did very well. Trump did just awful. Worse than the previous two. He was pale, his skin was less orange than Hillary's, his eyes were bloodshot; he looked sickly. And his answers were just nonsense that even Chris Wallace was willing to call out as bullshit. And I think Wallace did great as a moderator; didn't take shit from either candidate, cut them off, cut off the audience, and asked some pointed and interesting questions. All in all, I was dreading every second of it and I actually enjoyed watching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom