• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goddamn, Willie is just not having any of Joe and Mika defending what Trump said. I fucking love it. Making my alma mater proud.

Why are Mika and Joe even saying this shit? Like, what is the fucking point? They probably feel like, "Hey, we attacked the media for not believing in Trump and it worked out well for us in the primaries! We should keep trying to find times to do that!" Just fucking let it go.

It completely missed the goddamn point. Trump could have helped stop the conspiracy about elections being literally rigged (they aren't), but he didn't. He could have simply said, "Yes, I will accept the results" and (other than the nasty woman comment) the media could have actually focused on the substance of the debate. This is literally a self inflicted wound that he could have stopped and he didn't.

395full-jackie-chan.jpg

I'm trying real hard...to be the shepard.

Beautiful Rasssss:

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online White House Watch survey finds Trump with 43% support among Likely U.S. Voters to Clinton’s 40%. Six percent (6%) still prefer Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson, and three percent (3%) favor Green Party nominee Jill Stein. Another three percent (3%) like some other candidate, and six percent (6%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Clinton and Trump were tied yesterday at 42% apiece. Clinton held a seven-point lead at the beginning of last week just after the airing of an 11-year old video showing Trump making graphic sexual remarks, but she began losing ground after the second presidential debate. The lead has been shifting back and forth since late last week.

tmarg

Someone needs to start some sort of interweb meme thing of Trump being like Pinocchio.

Go, Twitter denizens.

Immediately following the debate Twitter had an ad up for wireless headphones featuring a song from Pinocchio, and I thought someone already had.

It was a very disappointing click.

lol @ Mario

It is indeed terrifying. And that's why I'm irate. Clinton curb stomped him last night. But Trump dropped a bomb by threatening to not accept the election results because something something rigged, and its dominating post-debate discussion. That's as sad as it is terrifying.

You're right, frankly. It's still not good for Trump at all--and it sounds like you agree--but it is a shame. If it's any consolation, it's also stampeding over one or two weaksauce answers from her and what I think was a general perception that he looked like he did at least minimal preparation for a half hour or so.

But anyway, it's all done. Only something major and external would affect the race now. And even then.

Rasmussen is playing around too late into the game here. I don't think twenty days is enough time for them to eventually stretch their daily polling back into the real state of the race, which is something like Clinton +9 or +10.

They're claiming a 10pt swing in a week. Ras is not going to be constrained. Their entire schtick is to muck-up polling averages and keep Conservatives' spirits high.

rjinaz

According to the kind hearted souls on Fox... clinton is going to lose Florida.

Because of Haitian voters.

Really?

They got to give their viewers something at this point.

I was watching CNN earlier and the guy talking about the map found it very difficult to give Trump any momentum at all. He was struggling to not just flat out say it's over. It was something else.

Tobor

I would like to see more investigation of the bandwagon effect with Trump. So much of his message is just "winning," and he's going to spend the next 2.5 weeks explaining why he's losing -- AND he's lost three debates in a row, AND he's saying the election is rigged. How much this demotivates his supporters is really interesting.

Jake Tapper brought this up last night. Crying about the election being rigged constantly has to have a negative effect on Trump voter turnout.

It's a bad strategy from any perspective.

rjinaz

Rasmussen is playing around too late into the game here. I don't think twenty days is enough time for them to eventually stretch their daily polling back into the real state of the race, which is something like Clinton +9 or +10.

Yep. I don't get what their play is. I assume they still want to be taken seriously in future elections. When this ends up being a landslide, they are going to look like a joke pollster.

I think they'll end up faking their own polls to end up closer to the what the big polls say. They can't tank their reputation.

Wait, what is this saying? Trump has more support? What poll is this exactly?

Joke of a pollster, relax I'm just mocking them.

Crossposting, - very good analysis on how Clinton made Trump self implode

Vox: Hillary Clinton's 3 debate performances left the Trump campaign in ruins: https://youtu.be/IlLFTI24Qkw

Really good analysis. Clinton studied the fuck out of Trump. I remember we were all worried he wouldn't fall for the bait, but Clinton masterfully got in little by little culminating in last night and the nasty women comment where Trump just lost complete control.

There was one moment last night that proved Trump did actually listen to someone during whatever debate prep he did. When Hillary was hitting him over Putin, he almost said "He won't respect that woman" but he changed it to "that person."

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Really good analysis. Clinton studied the fuck out of Trump. I remember we were all worried he wouldn't fall for the bait, but Clinton masterfully got in little by little culminating in last night and the nasty women comment where Trump just lost complete control.

If they had one more debate she could totally goad him into calling her a bitch, just one more debate.

Jared and Tiffany have no clue what the rest of them are doing. Does anyone believe they've ever had a heart-felt family prayer before?

Donny has no clue what he's supposed to be doing, he's just aping something he saw on TV one time

IMG_20161020_091846.jpg

mclem

Someone needs to start some sort of interweb meme thing of Trump being like Pinocchio.

Go, Twitter denizens.

It's easy to storyboard, too, start with the 'not a puppet', and have his nose twitch a bit. Then cut together a bunch of his lies, digitally manipulate his nose to grow longer after each one. Then at the end show his closing "Vote for her and you'll get four more years of Obama" and zip the nose right back to normal-sized.

Mockery and a message, and it uses all his own words.

Paskil

Some of ya need to relax. Hillary was acquitted of a murder charge after last night's debate and you are already shitting the bed about Morning Joe, Trump, his surrogates, or people watching some shitty show on Fox that were never going to vote for her.

Relax. Take a deep breath. Bask in the glory of victory.

BiggNife

Genuine question: Why do you guys watch Morning Joe

Literally every morning in this thread I see a dozen people talk about how awful Morning Joe is this morning and it just keeps happening day after day after day

ShOcKwAvE

Wow...they were losing their shit on CNN a minute ago. They're so tired of having to reject voter fraud allegations from the idiots they bring on to promote it. They really just need to stop.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

Literally every morning in this thread I see a dozen people talk about how awful Morning Joe is this morning and it just keeps happening day after day after day
Everyone must know

tmarg

I watched about five minutes of morning Joe today for the first time ever, and I can confirm that it's terrible. I'm not even sure which one was Joe, but they were all awful.

TheCrow

I don't normally watch but I just wanted to watch Joe spin the debate performance. Mike Banicle wasn't having it. Oh and the Bill Krystol segment was hilarious.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The both sides are the same crowd is really annoying me with their reaction to last night's debate.

Hilary calls Trump a puppet of Russia after setting up a pretty clear case of all the time's Trump praised Russia and refused to criticize them for some clearly troubling stuff. But because Trump responds with the childlike "no you" interruption, apparently that means they're both acting like children and the whole thing's a disgrace to the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom