• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Not that it requires defining, but an hombre, in case you didn't know, is "man" in Spanish.

But Trump pronounced it "ombre," which is an altogether different thing: colors or tones that gradually blend into each other.

Dammit, CNN. Stop being dumbasses. You can criticize the comment without getting pissy about the pronunciation.

I asked myself the same question a couple weeks ago and have pretty much stopped altogether. The show is only decent when Joe isn't there to shout and create false equivalencies.

Maybe it's because I'm from the FlorGaBama area, but I've never wanted to experience an additional moment of Joe's incessant need to be thought of as insightful.

Besides that, Mika gives off serious 'spousal abuse' vibes around him. She looks way more comfortable when she's outside of the studio surfing on the wake of her dad's gravitas

Early voting is live in NC and wait times are pretty reasonable: 15-45 minutes at most early voting stops here in the devastated urban hellscape of Durham County.

Don't read this as depressed turnout though-we're really efficient about getting people through lines and into the booth.

Jim GallowayVerified account
‏@politicalinsidr
Priorities USA starts its first TV ad in Georgia, with plans to spend $2m by 11/8

3o6ZsY632nZnWZnE1a.gif

jmdajr

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

Why didn't Hillary Clinton announce that she was inappropriately given the debate questions - she secretly used them! Crooked Hillary.

wut

Slacker

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

Why didn't Hillary Clinton announce that she was inappropriately given the debate questions - she secretly used them! Crooked Hillary.

wut

Chris Wallace is in on it too! TELL ME WHO I CAN TRUST DONALD I FEAR MY OWN FAMILY AT THIS POINT

I thought Hillary was masterful last night. The only blatant fumble was on the Clinton Foundation, where she refused to answer Wallace's specific question. And yet even there she managed to pivot to Russia - a tactic that might have been a colossal blunder against a decent candidate - and agitated Trump so much that she drew clear blood. Trump started the night reserved and "fine" but slowly became tilted. Culminating in the weird, stunning "nasty woman" dig.

Wallace was very good as well. Yea his framing of entitlement reform was laughable but that question comes up every four years; I'm frustrated democrats have yet to come up with a simple retort to that shit, and Obama did democrats no favors by flirting with the idea of the grand bargain.

Teggy

Oh boy. That is...wow. Maybe he found Bill Mitchell's twitter.

Also, I am on the Switch train, but would like to know how it will get more than 15 minutes of battery life.

Nordicus

Whiny little bitch, but also a giant pussy.

Of course he can't make these claims right at Clinton's, Wallace's or in anybody's face. Just tweet from the safety of his tower.

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

wut

One of the leaked Podesta emails showing a CNN person (Donna Brazile?) leaking a question to the Clinton campaign.

I think that's pretty bad, but not on Clinton.

CCS

Banned
You know I love you bae.
But....
WRONG!
WRONG!

If I want to play console games, I want a more powerful console.

If I want to play on the move, I have my phone.

If I want a tedious compromise, I'll vote McMuffin, or possibly buy the Switch :p

Gloria Allred presser just wrapped up. The woman claims Donald grabbed her by the arm and breast as she was at a US Open event.

EDIT:
Christina Wilkie ✔ @christinawilkie
Trump: "Hey look at this one, we haven’t seen her before. Look at those legs.”
Trump grabbed her breast, said “Don’t you know who I am?”

Hopfrog

Just watched the Morning Joe clip from this morning. Don't know how some of you can watch that show, such garbage spewing from Joe's mouth.

Wilsongt

Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

Oct 20, 2016, 10:55 AM
Wait.
What?

Late to the party, I see. Thanks Nintendo.

We tend to hate on Nate for punditry, but this occurs to me:

Sam Wang claimed before the first debate that we'd see regression to the mean. That hasn't happened, the lead has slowly grown.

I suppose he gets a pass for occasional punditry because he's not an ass.

Also, Nate should not go on TV. He definitely has a face for Twitter.

tuffy

Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

Oct 20, 2016, 10:55 AM
Wait.
What?
I'm not surprised Trump has mistaken the benefits of hours of debate prep for somehow getting the questions in advance. He's not capable of doing any sort of studying, so he just attributes Clinton's much better debate performance to something else.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Sam Wang claimed before the first debate that we'd see regression to the mean. That hasn't happened, the lead has slowly grown.

In a normal situation we would get a regression to the mean, but this is a Looney Tunes election and Hillary Clinton is playing Bugs Bunny to Trump's Daffy Duck. I mean, she literally pulled a "Rabbit Season, Duck Season" gag on him last night with the Bernie thing.

Hillary was polling below the current mean at that point. He was saying she due a bump at that time irrespective of the debate, and she indeed did get it. That hardly qualifies as punditry, and it also wasn't saying that the mean couldn't rise later, as it has.

Sam is golden and spotless.

Ugh, do people really care about a Nintendo console this much? Gaf is basically unusable.

I think Trump is referencing the right wing conspiracy theory about how some light in the podium was feeding Hillary the debate answers.

One of the leaked Podesta emails showing a CNN person (Donna Brazile?) leaking a question to the Clinton campaign.

I think that's pretty bad, but not on Clinton.

Campaign plays it dumb when it wants to and acknowledges the emails when it's convenient.

It's politically scumbag, but everyone does it.

Wilsongt

Ugh, do people really care about a Nintendo console this much? Gaf is basically unusable.

I think Trump is referencing the right wing conspiracy theory about how some light in the podium was feeding Hillary the debate answers.

Yes. It's the next subpar, one generation behind flop from Nintendo.

Hillary was polling below the current mean at that point. He was saying she due a bump at that time irrespective of the debate, and she indeed did get it. That hardly qualifies as punditry, and it also wasn't saying that the mean couldn't rise later, as it has.

Sam is golden and spotless.

I'm just noting that even Wang can succumb to the urge. He tends to do it a lot less, and often more as commentary than as clickbait headlines, but he's not pure. I don't know how anyone in that business could resist completely.

Wilsongt

So all of Trump's people saying be kept her on the defensive and that Wallace was attacking her good.

While people with normal cognitive function and aren't moneyhatted by the Trump campaign are stating that Hillary ripped all of the bones out of his tangerine dream body. Slowly and painfully.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

Deplorables!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom