• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

is there a good explanation somewhere on O'Keefe? My buddy casually mentioned the other day in a group text that O'Keefe is "his boy." I only earlier saw people mentioning him on GAF.

is he really terrible or is liking O'Keefe only shocking to a liberal?

Get a new friend. This a guy who took down ACORN, an organization that was doing very good work, because people didn't find out he had deceptively edited the material until it was too late.

CCS

Banned
IMO, phones are still not even close to duplicating the experience of a handheld.

They're good for some stuff, like sim games (Video Game Dev is the perfect example - all of Kairosoft's stuff, really), but for stuff that actually takes a semblance of accurate control to play, not so much. Something like Downwell is a three-minute diversion on phone, but a masterpiece on handheld. The difference is the control scheme.

And uh, Trump sucks.

Apologies for late reply, only just checked GAF. I guess my point is I have enough games that I like playing on my phone (both mobile specific stuff and games like KOTOR) that I don't miss a handheld.

Also, DRAG HIS FUCKING ORANGE ASS.

Bowdz

This is why Obama is the GOAT surrogate. He is actually willing to fucking hammer down ballot races like you should do if you want to win. Obama v. Rubio is glorious.

Obama wouldn't be spending this time attacking Rubio if he didn't have info telling him that he's still somehow vulnerable.
I think the DSCC withdrawing their funds may have been more about game theory than an indication that they think the race is lost. Their dollars will go further in North Carolina and Missouri.

The real indicator will be if Priorities USA jumps in here, as they said they might.

I'll take a wait and see with Nintendo Switch. Gotta say though, that controller is some hot fucking garbage. Makes a Trump landfill tire fire look like a cozy backyard blaze.

Besides the stumping for Murphy part, anything in the Obummer speech that makes it worthwhile to watch? Just a standard speech?

Its's shape reminds me of the Dreamcast controller and I love it!

Obama dragging Rubio. Please Obama magic tub off on Murphy.

Edit: he's dragging the entire Republican party.

Obama wouldn't be spending this time attacking Rubio if he didn't have info telling him that he's still somehow vulnerable.

Obama dragging Murphy's dead ass across the finish linem

I said it a few days ago but I'll say it again: Murphy is like playing a co-op game with your friend and he's not very good so you need to do most of the work to get him through to the end of the level but as long as you reach the checkpoint you're both good.

NeoXChaos

Obama making a better case for Murphy than Murphy himself.

Cybit and Cesare still thinks he's unlikely to win. Temper our expectations until they say otherwise.

Obama to Murphy right now

tumblr_n4v1n8E5861r1utlro1_1280.jpg

I can't carry the election for you Mr. Murphy. But I sure can carry you!

HylianTom

Banned
I think the DSCC withdrawing their funds may have been more about game theory than an indication that they think the race is lost. Their dollars will go further in North Carolina and Missouri.

The real indicator will be if Priorities USA jumps in here, as they said they might.

I said it a few days ago but I'll say it again: Murphy is like playing a co-op game with your friend and he's not very good so you need to do most of the work to get him through to the end of the level but as long as you reach the checkpoint you're both good.

I'd love it if he went back to Florida every few days, just to turn the race into Rubio vs Obama.

BTW, I was thinking about this earlier.

Clinton attacked Trump's foundation..and Trump responded with something like

"Trump Foundation, small foundation."

What if Clinton interjected right then with:

"Everything about you is small, Donald."

He would have gone fucking insane beyond anything we've ever seen. I mean, there's so many layers to that kind of comment, too. It probably would have been a bad thing to say, but man oh man it would have been delicious.

Important Idea:

"Donald Trump Superstar"

Yes? Yes, okay, I'll get on this ASAP.

♪ Donald Trump, superstar, do you think you're what they say you are?

♪ Donald Trump, Jesus Christ, who are you, what have you sacrificed?

Why isn't anyone else singing? This is important.

Nah, he's finished. Blame the local party, and national players who almost seem like they're protecting Rubio rather than dropping a bomb on him.

I get why the RNC told Bush not to torpedo Rubio, but having national democrats and donors handle him with kids gloves too is asinine.

shiba5

Al Smith dinner program says, "Trump is the very definition of the American success story."

And he did it all with just a tiny multi-million dollar loan (and large inheritance) from daddy.

So, I just had a random thought. What the fuck ever happened to Brian Schweitzer? Why didn't he run for Senate is 2014? Dude would have been a lock, right?

NeoXChaos

19 days:http://uspolitics.about.com/od/pres...ted-Two-Consecutive-Democratic-Presidents.htm

Last Democrat to Succeed a Democrat

The last Democrat elected to succeed a Democratic president was James Buchanan, the 15th president and the only one ever to come from Pennsylvania. Buchanan succeeded President Franklin Pierce.

Related Story: Why Presidents Can Serve Only 2 Terms

You'd have to go back even further in history to find the most recent instance of a Democrat being elected to succeed a two-term president from the same party. The last time that happened was in 1836, when voters elected Martin Van Buren to follow Andrew Jackson.

wow. 180 years guys and it's finally happening.

Republicans won the Presidency 6 consecutive times between 1860 and 1884, 4 consecutive times between 1896 and 1912, 3 consecutive times between 1920 and 1932.

In other words there was only 2 Democratic Presidents between 1860 and 1932. Wilson and Cleveland.

19 days:

wow. 180 years guys and it's finally happening.

Republicans won the Presidency 6 consecutive times between 1860 and 1884, 4 consecutive times between 1896 and 1912, 3 consecutive times between 1920 and 1932.

In other words there was only 2 Democratic Presidents between 1860 and 1932. Wilson and Cleveland.
Since you never provide links for anything, why doesn't Truman count? Or LBJ?

Grief.exe

Obama campaigning hard to get Little Marco out of his seat.

5 seat majority in the Senate and knock out a potential 2020 opponent for Hillary? 👏👏👏👏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom