• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
14732321_10154253139114143_4472813748737772187_n.jpg

What the fuck do i even do with this.

What does this even mean!? How would this information be useful in any way?

Is 4 minutes enough time to send Russia into outer space?

God, these deplorables are incapable of rational thought.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Jeff Flake being surprisingly honest on MTP Daily. Kinda refreshing not hearing the standard Republican spin on things.

Lol now Obamas emails to podesta also got leaked. There is no way Trump didn't have some involvement with that considering how mad Obama made him recently.

19 days:http://uspolitics.about.com/od/pres...ted-Two-Consecutive-Democratic-Presidents.htm

wow. 180 years guys and it's finally happening.

Republicans won the Presidency 6 consecutive times between 1860 and 1884, 4 consecutive times between 1896 and 1912, 3 consecutive times between 1920 and 1932.

In other words there was only 2 Democratic Presidents between 1860 and 1932. Wilson and Cleveland.
Only because the wording is specifically crafted to exclude Truman.

Jeff Flake being surprisingly honest on MTP Daily. Kinda refreshing not hearing the standard Republican spin on things.

Hasn't he been consistently anti-Trump?

Like, I can completely disagree with people like Flake, Kasich and Portman, but I respect them for not completely selling out and standing on real principles.

Ryan, Rubio, Cruz are all sniveling twats.

"I don't really agree with Trump on election rigging, but the real issue is Hillary accepting the Obama agenda."

CvPYZe5WgAAAVXn.jpg

Cruz, you're such a fucking loser and are gonna lose in 2018.

Flake will go down in a 1-on-1 GOP primary in 2018.

Which means Arizona Republicans will run like 5 candidates against him and he'll skate by with 38% of the vote.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I think the DSCC withdrawing their funds may have been more about game theory than an indication that they think the race is lost. Their dollars will go further in North Carolina and Missouri.

The real indicator will be if Priorities USA jumps in here, as they said they might.
I think this is a major tactical mistake. Would campaigning for Murphy in Florida cost more? Yes. But the smart move would be to drive a stake through Rubio's heart now so you don't have to deal with him again down the road. He's wounded right now. Go for the kill.

I think this is a major tactical mistake. Would campaigning for Murphy in Florida cost more? Yes. But the smart move would be to drive a stake through Rubio's heart now so you don't have to deal with him again down the road. He's wounded right now. Go for the kill.

Yeah, but you're not going to beat him by running pro Murphy ads.

You need to flood the polls with unlikely voters who don't give a shit about Senate races, but hate Trump and love Obama.

Let the Senate campaign invest their money in races where raising a challengers profile or hitting an incumbents negatives.

Rubio is a terrible politician who will be owned over and over again by LePage in 2020 and then his baldness will stop him in 2024 and onward.

He's not a national threat.

Obama campaigning hard to get Little Marco out of his seat.

5 seat majority in the Senate and knock out a potential 2020 opponent for Hillary? 👏👏👏👏
Bama knows whats up. He knows that if Murphy screws this up, as he is wont to do, Rubio 3.0 will be ready for 2020. He's going to adopt a lot of nativist bullshit from Trump and sugarcoat it with his nice rhetoric. Its in everyone's interest that Murphy makes it.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Hasn't he been consistently anti-Trump?

Like, I can completely disagree with people like Flake, Kasich and Portman, but I respect them for not completely selling out and standing on real principles.

Ryan, Rubio, Cruz are all sniveling twats.
Yes, but he also said Hillary will probably win Arizona, Russia is definitely behind the hacks, and that Republicans are partially to blame for the "rigged" line working because they were pushing that narrative in order to pass to voter ID laws.

Usually Republicans will try to spin things even if they're not defending Trump, but he seemed to be quite honest in all of his assessments.

Apologies for late reply, only just checked GAF. I guess my point is I have enough games that I like playing on my phone (both mobile specific stuff and games like KOTOR) that I don't miss a handheld.

Also, DRAG HIS FUCKING ORANGE ASS.

No need to apologize, bruh. I like the phone games that I have, but they are all better on handheld, IMO. Even something like XCOM, which seems like it would actually be perfect for a phone, is better on Vita, IMO.

I think that for people who are used to playing high-quality console games, something like the Switch (which is an awful name, and I expect Nintendo to advertise it using that Will Smith song from Hitch) is worthwhile just to take high-quality console games on the road. I take my Vita everywhere because my phone just can't fill that niche. I'm in a minority in the U.S., but that minority is a sizable one.

I disagree. You can't kill him now. He's got another in by running for the governorship in 2018 and winning that race.

Basically, you can't really achieve the long-term goal of killing him now, so might as well achieve your short-term goals and rack up as many Senate seats as you can (with the bonus being that Hillary has a decent shot at dragging Murphy to victory anyway if she wins by 8-9 points).

Bama knows whats up. He knows that if Murphy screws this up, as he is wont to do, Rubio 3.0 will be ready for 2020. He's going to adopt a lot of nativist bullshit from Trump and sugarcoat it with his nice rhetoric. Its in everyone's interest that Murphy makes it.

Rubio is a brown dude who once supported amnesty, LePage will crush him in 2020, Rubio won't have a shot.

Besides, his good looks are 80% of his persona and he's going bald.

mo60

Rubio is not a threat to Hilary in 2020. He will be to tainted by his presidential run this year and his support of trump.

I thought Barack Obama would be Hillary's best surrogate this year but it turned out to be Michelle.

If we had a surrogate for the world...someone to represent us, it would be her. 100% her. No one else comes close.

Man Trump has not even produced one good ad this entire cycle. On every level his campaign has been horrible. He really couldn't manage to put together a positive ad about himself?

Everyone who cares already knows that fact, but that's not what makes the statement so dumb.

You WANT everyone to know as much as possible about the capabilities of your nuclear weapons.When everyone is working with full information, it creates a better understood mutual assured destruction scenario.

This is how deterrence works. I know in detail how much you'll wreck me and you know exactly how bad I'll wreck you. If something changes that balance (take for example, Jupiter missiles in Turkey and the response of missiles in Cuba during the Cuban Missile Crisis) it's extremely destabilizing to the current order of things.

That's why smart people oppose anti-ballistic missile defense beyond the theater-level and oppose first strike weapons like low-flying cruise missiles w/ nuclear warheads. You're introducing a huge amount of instability and putting countries at a disadvantage destabilizes the balance of terror.

Rubio is not a threat to Hilary in 2020. He will be to tainted by his presidential run this year and his support of trump.

Rubio is one RPOF email surprise from being dead in the water. Florida Repubs hate eachother, they just rely on vast swathes of dedicated R voters.

The point being, after getting bodied by Trump, his national ambitions are all but finished. I forsee the Establishment running Niki Halley or the mute Black Senator from SC, while whatever is left of the Freedumb Caucus rallies around whoever gets the endorsement of Jeff Sessions

LMAO LMAO LMAO

An alternative look at the USC/L.A. Times poll now shows Clinton ahead by 5 points

As we wrote yesterday, Ernie Tedeschi, an economist and former Treasury Department official, took the data from the USC/Los Angeles Times "Daybreak" poll of the election and changed what pollsters call the "weighting."

Tedeschi's reweighted version shows Hillary Clinton leading for most of the summer and fall. As of today, his version shows Clinton ahead by 5.3 percentage points, while the official version of the poll shows Donald Trump with a tiny lead -- of 0.6 points, basically a tie.

Tedeschi's work highlights a crucial point about polling: The numbers that polls present almost always involve a series of decisions made by pollsters, and those decisions are always subjective. Pollsters make their best efforts to get the numbers right, but given the same data, different pollsters will often come up with different results.

Tedeschi's version produces results that closely parallel the Real Clear Politics average of polls. He didn't design his approach with that in mind, but it worked out that way.
What an embarrassment.

Don't be surprised to see these "Trump is WINNING" polls to reflect the polling averages all of a sudden right before the election. Because they are only judged by their final number.

ampere

I thought Barack Obama would be Hillary's best surrogate this year but it turned out to be Michelle.

If we had a surrogate for the world...someone to represent us, it would be her. 100% her. No one else comes close.

Women are tired of the shit culture perpetuated by people like Trump, makes sense that a strong woman would be the best voice to counter it

Rubio is one RPOF email surprise from being dead in the water. Florida Repubs hate eachother, they just rely on vast swathes of dedicated R voters.

The point being, after getting bodied by Trump, his national ambitions are all but finished. I forsee the Establishment running Niki Halley or the mute Black Senator from SC, while whatever is left of the Freedumb Caucus rallies around whoever gets the endorsement of Jeff Sessions
Wait, losing one time doesn't mean you're out of the game. Reagan and McCain both lost primaries and went on to become nominees later on.

Whats going to be a big deal however is Trump's endorsement. Whoever he endorses, his basket of deplorables will buy it.

It's like everyone is forgetting that the GOP base dislikes Rubio because he "tainted" himself with immigration reform.
The Deplorables aren't going anywhere after Trump loses. And the GOP will most likely be too stubborn to change the rules for candidate selection. The problem with all of these people that will supposedly be ready for the next election is they are still going to have to gain approval of their base.
The nomination of Trump this year was the GOP opening Pandora's box. Anyone who disagrees with Trump will be labeled a RINO. Or a liberal. Or whatever they use now to label dissenters.

I must be in a minority, I think Switch is a great name from Nintendo. It is very adaptable, sounds unique for a gaming console, and is an accurate description of what the system does.

Teggy

Wait, people think Paul LePage is going to run for president and do well? The only thing he has in common with Trump is he is a total racist. Is not famous, has no money, is not an outsider, no personality, etc.

Everyone who cares already knows that fact, but that's not what makes the statement so dumb.

You WANT everyone to know as much as possible about the capabilities of your nuclear weapons.When everyone is working with full information, it creates a better understood mutual assured destruction scenario.

This is how deterrence works. I know in detail how much you'll wreck me and you know exactly how bad I'll wreck you. If something changes that balance (take for example, Jupiter missiles in Turkey and the response of missiles in Cuba during the Cuban Missile Crisis) it's extremely destabilizing to the current order of things.

That's why smart people oppose anti-ballistic missile defense beyond the theater-level and oppose first strike weapons like low-flying cruise missiles w/ nuclear warheads. You're introducing a huge amount of instability and putting countries at a disadvantage destabilizes the balance of terror.

Well said, or you can explain it thusly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yfXgu37iyI

Dr Strangelove is so good

Phased

"I don't really agree with Trump on election rigging, but the real issue is Hillary accepting the Obama agenda."

CvPYZe5WgAAAVXn.jpg

Cruz, you're such a fucking loser and are gonna lose in 2018.

Pivot to Obamacare, Pivot to the emails, Pivot to anything! Why doesn't the rest of America care about these things like we do?!?!

Lol now Obamas emails to podesta also got leaked. There is no way Trump didn't have some involvement with that considering how mad Obama made him recently.
This is conspiracy driven nonsense the left shouldn't indulge in.

Podesta got hit with a spearfishing attack directed by the Russias. Trump is just using it. It's not his plot.

These are emails from 2008 when he wasn't president. And there's like 8 emails

Paskil

"Your husband disagrees with you"

I haven't really seen anyone talking about this.

Trump said this on his interruption immediately following the "nasty woman" comment (Bill went off at a rally a bit about the flaws and shortcomings of Obamacare). The husband comment feels more like the dog whistle sexism a slightly smarter candidate would have dropped. I feel it is still a little blatant, but to me, this is code for "your husband disapproves and because he is the man and you are the woman, you should feel shame and change your opinion to be in agreement with him." I'm not saying that this was his intent by stating these words, because Trump isn't exactly a verbal jouster. But it is possible that some of the upstanding feminists in his inner circle have been whispering coded phrases like this in his ear since Bill went off on his Obamacare tangent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom