• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBJVMfm.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djdzZ76YIQM

This is amazing. The channel is dead for year and then this launches.

Gruco

Banned
Good lord, I have never bothered watching the Al Smith dinner before but it sounded like such a train wreck I couldn't help it.

Trump was a disaster. The delivery was so awkward, the crowd hated him, and half of his comments couldn't even be called jokes. Can't wait for him to complain to twitter tonight about how corrupt the dinner was for laughing at Hillary and booing him.

Hillary's jokes were good, but the deepest cuts were when she was talking about appealing to higher motives. Complete obliteration from the highest ground possible.

=========================

In the other news of the day, everyone should be cheering for the Switch to succeed. Bill had Congress during peak SNES. Obama had Congress during peak Wii/DS. Everyone who wants to see Dems take the House this year should commit to buying a Switch.

They just dig this shit out of the deepest holes.

I had to go read about the rape trail she got assigned to right out of College for the second debate, now I have to read about Watergate to get context for this.

Have a link to the rape trial stuff? My brother brought this up when I asked, besides the email issue, what he doesn't like about Hillary.

I feel like I'm going down a rabbit hole trying to read up information debunking this shit though.
Maybe I shouldn't even bother. Just go full unapologetic liberal.
"Don't like Hillary? Hate that I'm voting for her? To fucking bad. You cried wolf at everything the Clintons or Obama did instead of being leaders. All that effort to make them out to be literal demonic villains all for naught. How does it feel to know the American public doesn't give a shit about any of that and will still vote for Hillary by a landslide margin? I would play you a song on the world smallest violin, but Trump currently owns it since it's the only one he is able to hold.
And four years from now, when none of the bad shit you said would happen never actually happens, and the American public once again votes Hillary back into office...I'll say in my best Red Forman voice 'Hillary didn't cause you to have bad luck. The reason why bad things happen to you is because you're a dumbass.'"

PKrockin

Have a link to the rape trial stuff? My brother brought this up when I asked, besides the email issue, what he doesn't like about Hillary.

I feel like I'm going down a rabbit hole trying to read up information debunking this shit though.
Maybe I shouldn't even bother. Just go full unapologetic liberal.
"Don't like Hillary? Hate that I'm voting for her? To fucking bad. You cried wolf at everything the Clintons or Obama did instead of being leaders. All that effort to make them out to be literal demonic villains all for naught. How does it feel to know the American public doesn't give a shit about any of that and will still vote for Hillary by a landslide margin? I would play you a song on the world smallest violin, but Trump currently owns it since it's the only one he is able to hold.
And four years from now, when none of the bad shit you said would happen never actually happens, and the American public once again votes Hillary back into office...I'll say in my best Red Forman voice 'Hillary didn't cause you to have bad luck. The reason why bad things happen to you is because you're a dumbass.'"
http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-freed-child-rapist-laughed-about-it/
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/oct/10/donald-trump/trump-says-clinton-laughed-about-rape-case/

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
New Utah state poll:

OCT. 12-18 (818 LV)
Dan Jones & Associates (538 Rating: C+)
25% Clinton
30% Trump
5% Johnson
29% McMullin

McMullin is a legit contender in Utah. I only see his numbers continuing to rise, honestly, especially once we start getting some polls post-3rd debate.

I feel like I'm going down a rabbit hole trying to read up information debunking this shit though

Most Clinton haters don't want to dig down to the reason they don't like them: they don't see Democratic leadership as valid. It's what is boils doen to, until such time that they decide they don't want to pout anymore.

Snopes is a well researched site, but I find most dedicated haters don't care, and hand-wave it, or Politofact as "Liberal garbage". Some folks still wanna believe that CNN is the "Clinton News Network". Sad!

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-freed-child-rapist-laughed-about-it/

Edit: beat! I chocked, like a dog

zethren

Banned
Don Lemon is super fed up with Trump surrogates on his show crying media collusion. He just destroyed Kayleigh and the other woman. I hope there's a clip of that online soon.

Edit: ^yup! Lol it was magnificent. Van Jones has also been a joy to listen to this election.

New Utah state poll:

OCT. 12-18 (818 LV)
Dan Jones & Associates (538 Rating: C+)
25% Clinton
30% Trump
5% Johnson
29% McMullin

McMullin is a legit contender in Utah. I only see his numbers continuing to rise, honestly, especially once we start getting some polls post-3rd debate.

There's enough polls showing him close that you have to treat it as real at this point. And this is exactly the sort of situation when the third party vote actually holds up, i.e., when they appear to have a legit shot.

My first choice would be to see Utah go blue for a variety of reasons, but McMullin winning would be a nice consolation prize, even if only for novelty value. The last time a third party candidate actually won a state was 1968. That alone would make it something to see. To have it be him when so many other more well-known candidates (including two in this very race) have failed would make it all the more remarkable.

Grief.exe

I actually don't have one on me.

Van Jones and Don Lemon just eviscerated Kayleigh. Glorious.

Don Lemon is super fed up with Trump surrogates on his show crying media collusion. He just destroyed Kayleigh and the other woman. I hope there's a clip of that online soon.

Edit: ^yup! Lol it was magnificent. Van Jones has also been a joy to listen to this election.

Oh lord get me a clip.

PKrockin

Van Jones and Don Lemon just eviscerated Kayleigh. Glorious.

Yep I was watching as well. Don Lemon and others in the media must be even more fed up with whining about the media than I am.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I just think Jill Stein should be dragged by Hillary in some forum. Like a special Drag Jill Stein Forum. She's just atrocious.

Trump surrogates: "Black panthers intimidating people!"

Others: "Notice how you guys are only worried about black people voting..."

Trump surrogates: "Wow, way to inject race into this!"

Tobor

What does someone like Kayleigh do on November 9th? How does one load so much bullshit into their brain only to have it expire the day after the election?

I'm imaging a Winter Soldier style scenario where she simply turns off and they put her back into stasis until the next election.

Grief.exe

What does someone like Kayleigh do on November 9th? How does one load so much bullshit into their brain only to have it expire the day after the election?

I'm imaging a Winter Soldier style scenario where she simply turns off and they put her back into stasis until the next election.

Start her career on Trump Media Network.

Slayven

Interesting to see what happens to the trump pundits. It is obvious they are not gop approved

zethren

Banned

Continue crying foul until 2020. Hopefully not on tv though.

mo60

There's enough polls showing him close that you have to treat it as real at this point. And this is exactly the sort of situation when the third party vote actually holds up, i.e., when they appear to have a legit shot.

My first choice would be to see Utah go blue for a variety of reasons, but McMullin winning would be a nice consolation prize, even if only for novelty value. The last time a third party candidate actually won a state was 1968. That alone would make it something to see. To have it be him when so many other more well-known candidates (including two in this very race) have failed would make it all the more remarkable.

I kinda like McMullin and do want to see him get Utah. It's awesome how despite not being talked as much by people and the media compared to Johnson and Stein unlike Johnson and Stein McMullin has a legit shot at least winning one state.

Gattsu25

Banned
But keep in mind that he doesn't like poking fun at himself. It is always at someone else's expense.

Yep. The jokes at his expense were still framed as positives (e.g. Trump having immaculate hands, Trump having a good temperment, etc.) but the only actual deprecating joke and it's taking down his wife instead of him.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

Actually, if you want to really get down to it, since he's running independant/non-partisan, he'd be the first non-partisan to win a state/EC votes since George Washington's second election in 1792.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom