• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKrockin

I get frustrated with these awful surrogates as well. The other day, I came across this video which puts these surrogates in a light I would never have thought of myself.. I just thought they were all TERRIBLE pundits.

The point of the video is that the surrogates are basically there to grind every segment to a halt so no one can make a valid point. If that is the reason they are there, then they are doing a fantastic job.

The video also has one of my favorite Van Jones reactions ever when Jeffery Lord says he doesn't think Trump mentions race much.
I haven't actually seen them shout over everyone else and thrust the panel into such chaos that often. It's usually Corey Lewandowski when it happens. He's the master of throwing 20 different accusations back at a time and uncontrollably yelling over others. He is just horribly annoying. To me, if it stays civil, it doesn't usually get frustrating when the surrogates clearly have no defense and resort to desperate pivots and deflections, it gets comical. Take the Van Jones reaction you mentioned. I posted the segment that's from a number of times. It was amazing to me how Jeffrey Lord gets utterly demolished toward the end of that video, and it was a pretty calm discussion with everyone given their time to speak.

Yes, it does get frustrating when the panel does descend into shouting, but if the panel is given enough time, and has good moderation, it's fine. For me, anyway.

sazzy

Clinton camp should hold a few rallies in Texas and make this argument:

We don't expect to win in Texas this time around. But we can make it very close. We can send the Republicans a message that if they nominate someone like Donald again, Texas will be blue in 2020.

Clinton camp should hold a few rallies in Texas and make this argument:

We don't expect to win in Texas this time around. But we can make it very close. We can send the Republicans a message that if they nominate someone like Donald again, Texas will be blue in 2020.
This is a good idea. It might not effect this election that much, but it might in the next one.

Toxi

Banned
Wikileaks getting less subtle

LNCDblx.png

sazzy

CNN and Briana missed the point that when Hillary said "45 is a good number for a woman", she wasn't talking about age.

She was talking about the 45th President of the US.

Joeytj

Banned
Wikileaks getting less subtle

LNCDblx.png

Well, I guess that confirms they've got nothing on Hillary and are now joining Trump on the "it's rigged" phase of the campaign.

I so hope Hillary wins, and wins big. Just to see the Trump-Alt-right-Wikileaks meltdown.

johnsmith

remember me
So Trump just lost the guy that was supposed to be running his field operations less than 3 weeks before the election.

Jim Murphy, Donald Trump’s national political director, is no longer playing an active role on the campaign, according to three sources briefed on the move – a troubling development for the Republican nominee coming just 19 days before the election.
"I have not resigned but for personal reasons have had to take a step back from the campaign," Murphy said in a statement to POLITICO. He did not elaborate on the reasons for his departure.

Several Trump aides said that Murphy has been conspicuously absent in recent days as the campaign mobilizes for the final push.

Since joining the Trump campaign in June, Murphy, a longtime party operative, has played a key role in setting up field programs in battleground states. He has emerged as a central point person between top Trump campaign officials and the Republican National Committee. Murphy also helped to oversee floor operations at the Republican National Convention in July.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/...ical-director-steps-back-from-campaign-230120

sazzy

lol this is great

When John Podesta forgot his Apple iCloud password last spring, he asked an aide to remind him — so she emailed it to him. And that set the stage for trouble for Hillary Clinton's campaign chairman.

First, a WikiLeaks dump last week of Podesta's alleged Gmail messages revealed the password — “Runner4567" — to the world. Then someone hijacked Podesta's Twitter account, possibly using the same password, and blasted out the tweet: “I’ve switched teams. Vote Trump 2015.” The next morning, a security researcher found evidence that digital pranksters had used the password to remotely erase all the contents from Podesta’s Apple devices.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
The US election impacted me all the way down in NZ tonight. Invited a new girl around to my place for drinks when the conversation at one point turned to the election when I mentioned I watched US news in answer to a question.

She questioned me on who I supported to which I said "Isn't it obvious?", to which she said "You support Hillary don't you?".

Seems she supports Trump because "Hillary is a liar, and those murders related to the Clintons are suspicious", "The media is distorting things about him", and "Trump tells it like it is, is against government forced vaccinations, and is anti GMO".

I suggested Sanders or Stein might be a better fit for her, and demonstrated some clear instances of Trump lying, but Trump is her guy it seems.

This exchange was followed by an hour long conversation about child vaccinations and tenuous anecdotal links to health problems.

I mostly just stayed quiet to ride it out.

The US election impacted me all the way down in NZ tonight. Invited a new girl around to my place for drinks when the conversation at one point turned to the election when I mentioned I watched US news in answer to a question.

She questioned me on who I supported to which I said "Isn't it obvious?", to which she said "You support Hillary don't you?".

Seems she supports Trump because "Hillary is a liar, and those murders related to the Clintons are suspicious", "The media is distorting things about him", and "Trump tells it like it is, is against government forced vaccinations, and is anti GMO".

I suggested Sanders or Stein might be a better fit for her, and demonstrated some clear instances of Trump lying, but Trump is her guy it seems.

This exchange was followed by an hour long conversation about child vaccinations and tenuous anecdotal links to health problems.

So...no second date?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

...was she hot?

Today seems as good as any day for new oppo drops.

I really want Clinton to bury Trump. If by any chance Trump can get stuck at 35% of popular vote it would be glorious.

CCS

Banned
Does it matter? I mean, for me, it's an instant turn-off. Someone like Tomi Lahrer looks attractive, but just 5 minutes into one of her rants I'm nope-ing.

Quick, before the gays come back!

The gays are always here. You cannot escape :p

Clinton campaign hasn't release oppo in the last five minutes. That means Trump is now the adjusted leader!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/wikileaks-hilary-clinton-progressives-230009

Look at this CRAP article from Poolitico. It cites no one, just "operatives." An INFLUENTIAL LIBERAL OPERATIVE.

“If the WikiLeaks are accurate, the issues closest to our hearts are probably not ones she will embrace, like single payer,” said DeMoro, whose union drew fire from Clinton’s team in the primary when it campaigned aggressively for Sanders.

Except that she actually comes out for single payer in the leaked transcripts. Wow you aren't very smart Ms. Demoro!

Also a VETERAN LIBERAL ORGANIZER

Several liberal activists

thebloo

Ms. DeMoro is a mess. Bernie is a saint, Hillary is the devil (even if endorsed by Bernie).

She also shared this image.

CvELEDSVUAE3B_N.jpg:small

Yeah, those guys have done nothing for the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom