• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zukkoyaki

Entertained by how three of the daily trackers have a significant skew toward Trump. A lot of dreams are going to be crushed on election day and it's going to be glorious.

Though if what everyone is saying is true, Rass and IBD are going to magically fix themselves here in about a week.

embalm

So apparently I hit some kind of hot demographic this election cycle. After having never been polled I have been polled 4 separate times now. All through cell phone and all with real people on the other end.

I just had the weirdest poll experience ever though. After the basic intro and agreeing to take the survey the first question was would I be voting for Ted Strickland or Rob Portman for Ohio Senate. I answered Strickland and was immediately hung up on.

It was almost like I answered wrong and was kicked off their game show. I wish I knew who was running that poll.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Didn't Rasmussen do this exact same thing before last election?

Cyanity

Banned
J wonder if Clinton doesn't feel some form of pity for Trump's soul at this point in time. After the election, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that she had some devastating oppo for after the 3rd debate and decided not to release it. Of course, if a news station gets their hands on some juicy oppo then we'll see it regardless, but I do sometimes wonder what Clinton's feelings towards Trump are.

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a lot of the requests from young people come from campus drives, and a lot of students just say yes to end the conversation and keep walking. So you end up requesting ballots for people that probably wouldn't vote anyway.

I suppose that's as good a reason as any.

You damn kids with your Hippity-Hop and your skinny jeans. No responsibility or follow-through.

Cheebo

Banned
I was watching CNN this morning and they were of course painting it as if Hillary and Trump were equally harsh at the dinner and both had their equally funny quips. I mean really?

Why are you call cursing Ras today?

People aren't angry at them, they are just the equivalent of the guy who microwaves his leftover fish for lunch at the office.They know what they are doing is wrong and you wonder why they just don't care.

I was watching CNN this morning and they were of course painting it as if Hillary and Trump were equally harsh at the dinner and both had their equally funny quips. I mean really?

The cable news Mean Value Theorem states that if a news item is continuous across the two parties and that event has the two parties doing the same activity at different times (read: the party activity is differentiated) , then there exists a position in the news coverage such that both parties are doing the same thing-regardless of any underlying details.

Grief.exe

J wonder if Clinton doesn't feel some form of pity for Trump's soul at this point in time. After the election, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that she had some devastating oppo for after the 3rd debate and decided not to release it. Of course, if a news station gets their hands on some juicy oppo then we'll see it regardless, but I do sometimes wonder what Clinton's feelings towards Trump are.

Finish him.

Teggy

Did anyone actually post the poll though? Did I miss it?

Yes, it was +2 Trump.

Nature Boy said:
The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey of Likely U.S. Voters finds Trump with a 43% to 41% lead over his Democratic rival. Five percent (5%) favor Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson, while Green Party nominee Jill Stein earns three percent (3%) support. Another three percent (3%) like some other candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Wow, Daily News went all out here: http://interactive.nydailynews.com/2016/10/daily-news-editorial-bury-trump-in-landslide/

Grief.exe

It's Friday. No more debates. Civ VI is out.

Drop the oppo.

Seriously. I know we joke about dropping the oppo, but if the Clinton team holds on to any unused oppo, they are doing a disservice to themselves and every Democrat in the country.

Hillary and Barack want the House so bad. I think Hillary will pull the trigger.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
We know Fahrentold has more information about the Trump Foundation. He was mentioning that debate night. Not sure what he's waiting on, though.

rjinaz

Yup, on CNN Trumpers quoting the rAss poll. Basically why they do it. I suspect that by next week at this time they will be Clinton +4

CNN is trying to bring some stuff back on Clinton for the past week. As the wikileaks dumps are nothing burgers, their management is telling them to find something. Jeff Zucker is seeing all these "Clinton News Network" signs held by deplorables in rallies, and CNN's own paid commentators are arguing about "media bias". Trump has blacklisted CNN to his army of lemmings as well. All of this is giving CNN management a headache and they're trying to turn things around. No station carried 'did hillary leak intel' conspiracy crap other than CNN and also they havent mentioned anything about the 10th Trump accuser.

So, some potentially worrying news for Dems in NC: first day of early voting had them drop under their 2012 levels.

Even worse, in 2012, the first day of early voting was 59-37 white to black. This year it was 67-28. I guess that's what you get when you cut polling locations and cause 4 hour lines.

Worth nothing that the GOP is still waaaay under their 2012 early vote levels.

sazzy

r/donald has been a little extra crazy this week.

to wit:

wUxYyO.png

Curious, I checked it out.

Note the delusional language.

"It will convince new voters"

"Everyone will believe this" (in the image below)

Do these little pepes seriously think that this has been a secret all these years and and no one knew about it when Hillary was First Lady, Senator and then SoS?

I'm linking to the images instead of tagging them, so as not to expose everyone to high levels of crazy if they don't want to see it.

https://i.sli.mg/hO8HPy.png
https://i.sli.mg/fSyGxM.png

Does opposition research really drag Trump down much more at this point? Especially given that there's not a lot of time to take the opposition research and use it to reinforce a narrative, I'm not seeing the value vs. just pounding out as much votes as you can and hope they go straight ticket D.

sazzy

CNN is trying to bring some stuff back on Clinton for the past week. As the wikileaks dumps are nothing burgers, their management is telling them to find something. Jeff Zucker is seeing all these "Clinton News Network" signs held by deplorables in rallies, and CNN's own paid commentators are arguing about "media bias". Trump has blacklisted CNN to his army of lemmings as well. All of this is giving CNN management a headache and they're trying to turn things around. No station carried 'did hillary leak intel' conspiracy crap other than CNN and also they havent mentioned anything about the 10th Trump accuser.

Also, CNN is what Donald tunes into the most for news, as per NYT.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So, some potentially worrying news for Dems in NC: first day of early voting had them drop under their 2012 levels.

Even worse, in 2012, the first day of early voting was 59-37 white to black. This year it was 67-28. I guess that's what you get when you cut polling locations and cause 4 hour lines.

Anyone surprised by an enthusiasm gap may have been mistaking disgust for passion. If Hillary wins by a landslide it will be because of Republicans staying home not Hillary voters showing up.

Maybe related to this?

r/donald has been a little extra crazy this week.

to wit:

wUxYyO.png

(750 upvotes and no comments lol)

Curious, I checked it out.

Note the delusional language.

"It will convince new voters"

"Everyone will believe this" (in the image below)

Do these little pepes seriously think that this has been a secret all these years and and no one knew about it when Hillary was First Lady, Senator and then SoS?

I'm linking to the images instead of tagging them, so as not to expose everyone to high levels of crazy if they don't want to see it.

https://i.sli.mg/hO8HPy.png
https://i.sli.mg/fSyGxM.png

Must be interesting in the mind of those that desperately need to believe Hillary loves child rapists or whatever.

This is literally nothing. "I've been told the victim may be emotionally unstable and prone to fabrication, so I'm recommending a psych evaluation."

Um, OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom