• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

CNN is trying to bring some stuff back on Clinton for the past week. As the wikileaks dumps are nothing burgers, their management is telling them to find something. Jeff Zucker is seeing all these "Clinton News Network" signs held by deplorables in rallies, and CNN's own paid commentators are arguing about "media bias". Trump has blacklisted CNN to his army of lemmings as well. All of this is giving CNN management a headache and they're trying to turn things around. No station carried 'did hillary leak intel' conspiracy crap other than CNN and also they havent mentioned anything about the 10th Trump accuser.

any the only ones giving O'keefe the time of day

Boke1879

Anyone surprised by an enthusiasm gap may have been mistaking disgust for passion. If Hillary wins by a landslide it will be because of Republicans staying home not Hillary voters showing up.

NC also cut voting hours and locations. So you're getting 4 hour long lines as well. I think she ultimately takes NC but like Mook said. It'll be close

Must be interesting in the mind of those that desperately need to believe Hillary loves child rapists or whatever.

This is literally nothing. "I've been told the victim may be emotionally unstable and prone to fabrication, so I'm recommending a psych evaluation."

Um, OK.

Is this about that child rapist she defended? Is the real hashtag just #HillaryDidHerJobAsADefenseAttorney ?

kxSbnQj.png

...and I though early voting lines in Georgia were bad.
Some districts in NC are just awful.

PEC had a huge jump in probability of Dem control of the Senate (79%, +9 since yesterday) but expects 50/50 R/D split.

His model has no love for MO, NC, & PA Dem candidates. I suppose that's why Obama is cutting ads for them, but the closeness makes me sad.

So, some potentially worrying news for Dems in NC: first day of early voting had them drop under their 2012 levels.

Even worse, in 2012, the first day of early voting was 59-37 white to black. This year it was 67-28. I guess that's what you get when you cut polling locations and cause 4 hour lines.

Worth nothing that the GOP is still waaaay under their 2012 early vote levels.

Really hard to stand out in line mid-week for hours. Most of the urban places are open all weekend for voting-since day 1 was Thursday, might as well just wait until then.

I'd like to note that we saw a LOT more activity in places that get white suburbanites in Durham County than we did in other early voting stops. (especially the South Libary annex near RTP, which was a madhouse all day). The SBOE office outside of the suburban south part of the county was 15 minutes in-and-out all day.

Zukkoyaki

So, some potentially worrying news for Dems in NC: first day of early voting had them drop under their 2012 levels.

Even worse, in 2012, the first day of early voting was 59-37 white to black. This year it was 67-28. I guess that's what you get when you cut polling locations and cause 4 hour lines.

It still broke down like this according to Nate Cohn

The first day of in-person early voting in North Carolina:
Dem 52.7, Rep 24.3
White 67, Black 27.8
Female 55.1, Male 43.5

Don't know if that's standard though

Wilsongt

Good lord dude what the fuck.

This year, 17 North Carolina counties will provide fewer total early voting hours than in 2012, and three counties that offered early voting on a Sunday in 2012 got rid of that option. Many counties are offering no evening hours, making access difficult for people who work one or more jobs.

One of the areas with the longest lines this week — Charlotte’s Mecklenburg County — offered 22 locations for the first day of early voting in 2012. This year, they offered only 10. Voters reported waiting for more than three hours to cast a ballot.

Less hours, less poling places, and no straight ticket voting.

Qwerty710710

a child left behind

I put a tweet up before. There are less polling stations around the state but looks like there going to add more.

This sort of thing can be used in a lawsuit against NC, right?

Like wouldn't any reasonable SCOTUS rule that as blatant voter suppression?

It's a simple strategy: Elect reps to diminish the power of other voters through suppression tactics, then use the power gained to approve judges who will approve of the original suppressive tactics.

How am I supposed to believe that Conservatives want to be my neighbor, when they act like an occupying force?

One thing I'll say for Ohio, our early voting was easy as hell. They had at least 20 machines setup. They had 3 people checking people in. (They never asked to see my ID which is weird, but I didn't say anything.) We were in and out in 10 minutes or less. There is no reason this shouldn't be the case everywhere.

studyguy

Man fuck that line bullshit, I'd rather just vote by mail. I see NC & GA can vote by mail so I'd never bother with that kind of fucking hassle.

One thing I'll say for Ohio, our early voting was easy as hell. They had at least 20 machines setup. They had 3 people checking people in. (They never asked to see my ID which is weird, but I didn't say anything.) We were in and out in 10 minutes or less. There is no reason this shouldn't be the case everywhere.

For what it is worth this will be the case in NC in a week or so. The first couple of days are always a clown fiesta here, even before the Republicans went ham with their horseshit. Worry more about election day, which is where you have to get more marginal voters to vote and lines are a BIG problem when they are longer than a half hour.

Boke1879

Yup it should be the easiest process ever

Grief.exe

Donald just tweeted this out. Hillary and Bill got the King of Morocco to donate 12 million to charity to meet with the Clintons in 2015, while neither held political office.

Catching "Crooked" in the act of saving Africans from Malaria and HIV. #Draintheswamp

@realDonaldTrump

Huma calls it a "MESS," the rest of us call it CORRUPT! WikiLeaks catches Crooked in the act - again.
#DrainTheSwamp https://t.co/juvdLIJPWu

http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/20/w...-charity-as-quid-pro-quo-for-morocco-meeting/

shiba5

Donald just tweeted this out. Hillary and Bill got the King of Morocco to donate 12 million to charity to meet with the Clintons in 2015, while neither held political office.

Bigly corruption.

@realDonaldTrump

Huma calls it a "MESS," the rest of us call it CORRUPT! WikiLeaks catches Crooked in the act - again.
#DrainTheSwamp https://t.co/juvdLIJPWu

http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/20/w...-charity-as-quid-pro-quo-for-morocco-meeting/

I'm not seeing the corruption part here.

Teggy

Yeah, if there literally aren't enough resources to let everyone vote then that state should get voting operations taken over by the Feds. That's unacceptable.

Wilsongt

Yup and people wonder why early voting is so prevalent. Imagine getting turned away on November 8th cause the line was too long before the polls closed.

Or do what we did here in South Carolina with our head of elections when we had tons of shit wrong with voting: "fire" the elected official from her position, and just move her to another position within elections.

Vermont and all, but
(Dem pollster)

Geoff Garin ‏@geoffgarin 19m19 minutes ago
In our recent poll in Vermont, Trump's share of the vote among women was just 13%. Even in a very blue state 13% is an incredible rejection.

13%! That's their Rapists and Inner Cities are a War Zone levels of rejection.

Cyanity

Banned
If Hillary wins, and looks like she will, Obama should withdraw the Garland nomination.

We need a balanced court. Adding a moderate to slight right leaning judge now means it will be easier to add a more liberal judge later (and there will be another one in the next four years)

edit - also it would be incredibly rude to Garland if the dem party just dumped him like a pawn the second Hillary gets in. That's bad optics all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom