• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

My wife is a registered Republican. Can confirm there is a Clinton voter inside of her...at least twice a week

E8abY.gif

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Garland knew this was a part of the game. His feelings won't be hurt. If Hillary wins I would hope that Obama withdraws his name. The temptation of having three SC judges appointed during his presidency will be great, and obviously it's Obama's right to appoint this judge...but I prefer the "fuck you" message it would send by withdrawing him. Especially since democrats will take the senate.

Voters have not punished republicans for their obstruction and this WH didn't either (when it had the chance). There should be consequences, and in this case it should be a liberal judge in his/her 40s or 50s.

As much as I want Sri - I think putting Garland to a vote and not trying to turn SCOTUS into the old wise council that runs the country legislatively because of Congressional inaction is healthier for the country. Seems too dangerous and turns SCOTUS into a defacto legislative body to try to completely stack it.

But there's a lot of idealism in my thoughts on SCOTUS. :-D

Ecotic

Clarence Thomas has been on the bench for 25 years and still isn't 70. He could easily serve another 10 or 15. That's what I want to replace Scalia, someone whose still in their 40's. I hope McConnell keeps true to his word to save face and doesn't consider Garland so Hillary can nominate someone quite young.

Bowdz

I'd be happy with Sri as the Scalia replacement. He's more centrist than other choices but has bipartisan support and would shift the court heavily to the left compared to Scalia. The fact that he'd be the first Asian-American on the court and is 45 is just a bonus.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
New York's Cardinal Timothy Dolan says there were "touching moments" between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton at a charity dinner that was otherwise marked by barbed remarks by the presidential candidates.

Dolan told NBC's "Today show" Friday that at one point at the dinner, Trump leaned in and told Clinton: "You are one tough and talented woman."

According to Dolan, Clinton responded by saying: "Whatever happens, we need to work together afterward."
https://www.apnews.com/bf332890c0a0...Cardinal-says-candidates-exchanged-kind-words

As if Donald is going to stick around in any political capacity.

Maybe, just maybe, there's a suitable place for Trump in a Clinton administration. Somewhere desolate and far away where he is forbidden to lobby anyone.

Ambassador to Nauru would do the trick.

ampere

CNN just played part, where he mentioned that Michelle said, "if you can't take care of your home, right? You can't take care of the White House." Something to that effect.

what a goddamn idiot

why would you go after Michelle and her children

like, bruh

We need a balanced court. Adding a moderate to slight right leaning judge now means it will be easier to add a more liberal judge later (and there will be another one in the next four years)

edit - also it would be incredibly rude to Garland if the dem party just dumped him like a pawn the second Hillary gets in. That's bad optics all around.

Why the fuck would we need a balanced court?

kevin1025

Banned
I think it was meant that Michelle said it about Hillary back in '08. But even still, it's a hit on both of them, and it's not a smart move.

I think it was meant that Michelle said it about Hillary back in '08. But even still, it's a hit on both of them, and it's not a smart move.

Some of you guys on this forum would do a great job being Trump surrogates with this "what I think he meant was" shit that happens in virtually every Trump thread.

Didn't Hillary's camp already hint they'd keep the Garland nomination?
her answer during Debate 3 on the SC segment hints to it (indirectly)

IMO, Barack and Michelle have been a huge help on the campaign trail like no other incumbent has since Ike. This alone should be a 'favor to return' card

Zukkoyaki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom