• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I took the 9th through 11th off but I didn't take the 8th. I figure the 8th would just crawl if I was home.

Do you banking/wall street overlords have a contingency plan in place? Or do they plan to burn the place down if Trump wins?

Right now, the plan is to just smugly smile at Thanksgiving whenever the topic comes up. I warned them wellllll in advance that a Trump gambit was foolish, but most of them are in a GOP bubble where 90% of the people they know are voting Trump, so it's throwing their perception of reality off quite a bit.

The Louisiana poll showing that about 90% of whites in the state are Trump voters.. it reinforces this. Hillary is going to get most of her white votes in this state from New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and a few college towns.. which means that once you leave our cities, the white vote for Trump approaches 100%.

It's pretty easy to see how that GOP bubble forms, but one would think that maybe they would've learned from 2012.. nope.

I think the earliest they "learn" or attempt to reform will be 2022. In part due to the situation you describe.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Do you banking/wall street overlords have a contingency plan in place? Or do they plan to burn the place down if Trump wins?

I think the earliest they "learn" or attempt to reform will be 2022. In part due to the situation you describe.

Markets are resilient. I don't think anything bad would actually happen if Trump became president beyond anything Bush would have done. I mean, I find him a reprehensible person and totally unfit to be president, but I think we'd survive.

Grief.exe

#DRAINTHESWAMP

@realDonaldTrump 1m1 minute ago

Landing in Pennsylvania now. Great new poll this morning, thank you. Lets #DrainTheSwamp and #MakeAmericaGreatAgain!
TRUMP 42%
CLINTON 40%

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/789833922590957568

CvYNwxdVYAESdoP.jpg

Cyanity

Banned
National polls are all shit
and Drain the Swamp just sounds like a euphemism for pissing behind a bush or something. I doubt any of Trumbo's supporters even know what it means.

Right now, the plan is to just smugly smile at Thanksgiving whenever the topic comes up. I warned them wellllll in advance that a Trump gambit was foolish, but most of them are in a GOP bubble where 90% of the people they know are voting Trump, so it's throwing their perception of reality off quite a bit.

The Louisiana poll showing that about 90% of whites in the state are Trump voters.. it reinforces this. Hillary is going to get most of her white votes in this state from New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and a few college towns.. which means that once you leave our cities, the white vote for Trump approaches 100%.

It's pretty easy to see how that GOP bubble forms, but one would think that maybe they would've learned from 2012.. nope.

I remember telling my father that Donald couldn't win just on the backs of white men, and if he somehow did, a president chosen by a single demographic would be a poor president indeed.

My father insisted that, as far black and latino voters go, "he didn't need them to win." He went on to say Hillary would "lose the women vote" and people would change their minds and vote for Trump in private. Of these things he was absolutely certain. It was pointless to have an argument about it because I was too stupid to understand how right he was.

I am sure he will concoct some sort of explanation about how the election was stolen, especially since mt father is paranoid about fraud in every variety of institution. But this might be one of the greatest opportunities to reconcile his warped worldview with reality and I am considering how I might undertake the monumental task of turning this election into a learning experience for him.

But I truthfully don't know if I'm up for it.

EDIT: NVM we are down by two he was right FUCK

Zukkoyaki

Also it's an outlier, as such there's no point in focusing on it at all.

IBD has been really accurate in the past but that's only in reference to final numbers. They were also pretty close to the consensus more often than not.

It doesn't matter who the pollster is, you can't focus on just one.

shiba5

Washington politics is a swamp. And he alone can drain it.

He probably believes the myth that D.C. is built on a swamp.

Does anyone think that if Trump won that he'd refuse to live in the White House? I heard he doesn't like to sleep outside his tower. What would Baron do without an entire floor of a skyscraper for a bedroom?

From living in a new england marsh town, I can assure you that draining swamps is not only highly unethical, it's also incredibly illegal. Appropriate, considering.

Easy for somebody who benefits from the status quo to say! The status quo of swamps! Trump is an outsider who knows swamps are rigged to benefit people like Hillary Clinton and Cyanity!

Drain Swamps America Again!!

Washington DC is built on swampland.
Clearly Trump the construction expert is just concerned that the wetlands were not sufficiently drained when they built the city. Classic Trump, always looking out for the blacks.

Cyanity

Banned
Washington DC is built on swampland.
Clearly Trump the construction expert is just concerned that the wetlands were not sufficiently drained when they built the city. Classic Trump, always looking out for the blacks.

Man, that Trump character is so great, he's gonna put those dirty blacks to work - every single one of them! He's not even going to give them a choice, just swamp draining jobs for every minority! What a nice guy!!!

clearly sarcasm don'tbanmeplz

Kwixotik

It took an hour but I got my mom to admit Donald Trump is a bad person. She's still voting for him, but seemed intrigued by the idea of less biased news sources and fact checking.

I told her about Politifact. She wanted to know more sites. Yall have any recommendations for places without too much of a left slant? She usually uses Drudge Report.

She's still voting for the Donald, but she's thinking more seriously about why and is more willing to make critical judgments about people and positions on both sides of the fence.

New page, big news if true:

John Harwood ‏@JohnJHarwood 25m25 minutes ago
senior GOP Senate strategist: "Trump now tied in Indiana. down 11 in PA and 14 in NH. going down hard"

It took an hour but I got my mom to admit Donald Trump is a bad person. She's still voting for him, but seemed intrigued by the idea of less biased news sources and fact checking.

I told her about Politifact. She wanted to know more sites. Yall have any recommendations for places without too much of a left slant? She usually uses Drudge Report.

She's still voting for the Donald, but she's thinking more seriously about why and is more willing to make critical judgments about people and positions on both sides of the fence.

If you're looking for fact-checkers, there's the Wapo fact-checker:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/

Tell her to do the isidewith test. It's just positions on relevant topics that can help her decide. If she sides more with Trump on issues, then she should vote that way, especially since she's admitted that he is a bad person.

But I've found that people I know who think thy are Republican actually turn out to mirror Hillarys position and it at least makes them think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom