• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiba5

I'm honestly surprised he hasn't at least hinted at imprisoning all us Libtards. Think how loud his crowd would cheer for that.

thebloo

There's the kill. If they don't put that in a global warming ad, they're stupid.

"We're gonna fix our OWN environment."

This the stupidest thing he's said.

Trump has gone an entire 15 months without learning that China no longer devalues their currency.

It's nearly as impressive as Trump never figuring out a single thing about Common Core.

Trump saying that he'll use climate change money to pay for the wall, I thought that Mexico was going to pay for the wall? Loser, lol.

Pyrokai

lol donald thinks he will be able to pass a constitutional amendment in 100 days

Lol. No one can ever pass one again. Sad!
jk

Exactly. A simple explanation here is that republicans when gerrymandering didn't just pack democrats into small, high democratic districts, they also spread out their OWN highly republican districts to turn areas that were "even" or "leaning democratic" into republican areas.

a very simplistic example would be taking a district that leans republican by 10 points, and a district that's evenly split, and redrawing lines so you have two republican districts that are +5. Again, it's a simplistic example but this is exactly what the GOP ended up doing- sacrificing a lot of areas with heavily republican "lean" to create a lot of districts that are marginally republican:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ig-gerrymander-could-backfire-in-a-major-way/

normally, a 4 or 5 point lean is VERY difficult for democrats to overcome, especially when you consider incumbents tend to have an advantage. Even in a presidential year the national margin is usually only about 3 or 4 points or so. Obama 08 was only 7 points, and that kind of candidate and the record breaking turnout that came with him doesn't show up all that often.

unfortunately, what seems to be happening here is that the republican party ended up running a candidate that was SO bad that they're looking at a historic loss of reagan/mondale proportions. Hillary has several polls in the 9, 10, and 11 point range and there is an argument (based on ground game, and unlikely voters showing up in record numbers) that these estimates are all lowballs. They're losing not only "contestable" districts, but they're losing districts that would have been safe if they had never gerrymandered in the first place.

it's absolutely a disaster.

This has me high on hopium. Thanks for this.

Breads

Banned
So fuck the environment. That is what I am getting from this Gettysburg speech.

Fuck the environment. We need jobs and energy. And they clap and cheer for this.

:edit:

And uproarious applause at the idea of sanctioning sanctuary cities.

What the fuck is the immigration threat that has these people so scared.

:edit2:

Oh. He just said it. "We don't know who they are what their thought processes are." They are afraid of poc so they want to keep them out. Gotcha.

rjinaz

he knows he's not going to win so he's everything out there

Yeah basically. He's hoping he can excite just the right enough of people with this bs so that he can be competitive.

It's not going to work. It's not going to work at all. He's coming across as an angry dictator here.

That whole area of the country is trash, bae

246884921cd07aaae81331c019d7d325.gif

SexyFish

Banned
Yeah basically. He's hoping he can excite just the right enough of people with this bs so that he can be competitive.

It's not going to work. It's not going to work at all. He's coming across as an angry dictator here.

And the news cycle will probably run with "I'm suing all the women".

sazzy

every GOP strategist has been saying that Donald keeps repeating the same things over and over that excite his current base. no one else.

he's doing the same thing again.

Iolo

Congressional dems don't currently think the House is winnable. 12-17 seats instead of the 30 needed. So I think it would still take a further collapse by Trump.

HylianTom

Banned
Over the past 5 days Hillary's lead has gone from 7.2 on RCP to 6.1, hopefully this trend wont continue, she's obviously gonna win but if this ends up being a closer win than we think that could hurt down ballot chances
Some of her gaudier polls are dropping out of the recent averages, too. Losing her +15 and +10-type leads in the tally is going to bring her numbers back down a bit.

So fuck the environment. That is what I am getting from this Gettysburg speech.

Fuck the environment. We need jobs and energy. And they clap and cheer for this.

:edit:

And uproarious applause at the idea of sanctioning sanctuary cities.

What the fuck is the immigration threat that has these people so scared.

:edit2:

Oh. He just said it. "We don't know who they are what their thought processes are." They are afraid of poc so they want to keep them out. Gotcha.

They're pissed when they hear Spanish at the grocery store. It's all about that culture war to them.

Wouldn't it be such a twist if Trump concedes on election day in like, the most un-Trump way? "She won fair and square....she deserves it and fought hard"

I want to see him do it like Ron Burgundy in Anchorman.

"And you know what the worst part of it is? SHE'S BETTER THAN ME! She's better than me." *sobs*

sazzy

35 mins in

he's starting to unravel and go off script

from this and his debates' performance, he has a hard 30 minute max ability to control his impulses

Lol. No one can ever pass one again. Sad!
jk

This has me high on hopium. Thanks for this.

no problem. And like adam says- RCP is garbage as an aggregator. The huffpost pollster has hillary up by about 7.5-8 points right now, even including questionable polls like IBD which have the race as a "tie."

another thing to take into account- many of the polls that have clinton at low margins (politico has her at +6, Ipsos/Reuters has her at +4) also have undecided voters at unusually high margins. (politico at 16% undecided, ipsos at 10%)

This is important, because the general assumption is that undecided voters will break evenly for both candidates for no real net gain. Polling has indicated this isn't the case this year:

One thing that's helping Clinton's prospects in Florida is that voters say 52-43 they'd rather have another four years of Barack Obama as President than the sharp change of direction that a Trump presidency would represent. Undecided voters, by a 29 point margin, would rather have Obama than Trump. Those folks don't like Hillary Clinton or else they'd already be voting for her, but it seems they might go Clinton, or they might go third party, or they might stay home. But they're not likely to move to Trump, who literally not a single undecided voter in our poll said they had a positive opinion of.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/barack-obama/

That was PPP's findings for florida, but they're pretty damning.. Trump is so polarizing that NO ONE is "undecided" if they're going to vote for him or not. Undecided voters are tentative hillary supporters- they're either going to stay home, or they'll vote for hillary, but few to none are likely to pull the "Trump" lever.

Polls like those with large numbers of "undecided" are almost certainly understating hillary support substantially.

Fuck Trump and fuck Jill Stein for blatantly pandering to Trump marks.

You know, I hate Donald Trump. But, I also really, really, really dislike Jill Stein. Trump actually believes this shit he spews. Stein is just a terrible politician and will say or do whatever she has to to ry and get her 5%. Which, by the way, she's not getting. Her ideas are dangerous, and she's as much of a Putin lover as Trump.

HIllary's team schedule for today:

October 22, 2016 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Get Out the Vote Rally Hillary Clinton & Tim Kaine
October 22, 2016 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Get Out the Vote Rally Hillary Clinton & Tim Kaine
October 22, 2016 Panama City, Florida Stronger Together Bus Tour Bill Clinton
October 22, 2016 Pensacola, Florida Stronger Together Bus Tour Bill Clinton
October 22, 2016 Las Vegas, Nevada UNLV Campus Canvass Katy Perry
October 22, 2016 Las Vegas, Nevada Get Out the Early Vote Rally Katy Perry & Catherine Cortez Masto
October 22, 2016 Las Vegas, Nevada Katy Perry Takes First Time Voter to the Polls Katy Perry
October 22, 2016 Fairfax, Virginia George Mason University Canvass Miley Cyrus
October 22, 2016 Fayetteville, North Carolina Early Vote Rally Anne Holton & Jill Biden
October 22, 2016 Fayetteville, North Carolina Canvass Kick-Off Anne Holton & Jill Biden
October 22, 2016 Jacksonville, North Carolina Early Vote Rally Anne Holton & Jill Biden

shiba5

Even if you like fascism, this is the worst plan ever!

You want to put millions of people in jail? That's expensive.

His plan to bring jobs back is a massive increase in the number of private prisons. If half the population is incarcerated, they won't need jobs. It's genius.

Diablos

Watching NBC 1980 election night coverage, lol. It's surreal. They tell people to go buy a color TV because they can't figure out how to make red/blue display differently enough in grayscale. 😂

Revolver

Did... did he just say he's going to basically let clinical trial drugs jump over approval process?

That sounds a tad dangerous.

Basically sounds like he wants to deregulate the hell out of everything and fill up the jails with immigrants and sue everyone that's slighted him.

thebloo

This has been a nice speech filled with non-stop specifics on policies. I agree with everything he's said so far. I love Substance Trump.

Actually, ya know what? Let's go with this.

Do you not believe in global warming?
Do you actually believe that Mexico will pay 12 billion for a wall they don't want?
Do you believe that labeling China "currency manipulator" fixes something?
Do you actually believe that Ford has no employees in the US?

Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom