• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heavy is a piece of shit and you should all stop responding to him. Anyone that votes for Trump is a piece of shit. The fact that Donald Trump is actively harming our country is irrefutable and makes him the biggest piece of shit of all. It's one thing to pander to a particular demographic, it's something completely else to pander to a group by causing active harm to other groups or the country as a whole. Fuck you Heavy. Fuck you Heavy. Fuck you heavy. There, I just reverse Beetlejuiced your ass. Fuck off.

I don't know if this post is ban worthy, but whatever, ban my ass for it, I don't give a shit. It will have been worth it.
I hate to see someone getting banned due to frustration like this due to my views. If we're allowed to do this I'll gladly take this guy's ban if it's like 2 weeks, as long as it's not counted towards my record or what have you. Last thing I want is regular posters getting banned...I'm here like twice a month. He was just frustrated and lashed out, I get it.

Boke1879

But, he has been totally useless.

It made sense at the time, but, like I said that's before he went full fascist. Unless the point was to pick someone who could appease old guard Republicans and be totally useless. Hmm..

You're right. I guess I just don't see who Trump could have picked if this was the route he was destined to take. maybe David Duke lol. At least everyone would be on the same page.

Like Slayven said. I doubt Pence and Trump even talk. Pence is about saving his own ass but being as close as he can to Trump so he's not caught in any crossfire.

Zackat

I love early voting lines. I mean I hate the lines but I think it's great people can't wait to get this fucking turd out of the national spotlight!

I guess it's not bad PER SE but it's like...if you became a fan of gaga's great pop music you'll listen to this and wonder what the fuck
I'll just continue being a Sia stan and never have to worry about bad albums.

SexyFish

Banned
CvY9oB6WYAAN19K.jpg:large

I want off 2016's wild ride.

pigeon

Banned
Polling has shown that this is over. There are two weeks left until the election. Time to let the emotions go at this point. The fight is over. Yes the war continues on with midterms and the like, but for now, time to vote. Vote early if you can like I did, but then sit back and have a cold one and watch it all unfold with a smile on your face.

This is how I am going to go forward now anyway. I myself have been far too emotional.

I don't think it's this easy. 30-40% of America declared that it supports white nationalism. Sure, we're going to win the election, but I'm not going to just walk away smiling. There's good reason to stay mad after the election is over.

rjinaz

I don't think it's this easy. 30-40% of America declared that it supports white nationalism. Sure, we're going to win the election, but I'm not going to just walk away smiling. There's good reason to stay mad after the election is over.

That's why I added the caveat that the war is not over. I was talking about for now. I am happy to just take in the win for a while at this point. Sometimes, I think you just have to otherwise, well you see what happens, you give in to the rage of it all.

40% of Maine (a deep blue state) voted for white nationalism multiple times in the past.

There were always signs there suggesting that so many people supported this.

Thank God it came to light now, not before it was too late.

Polling has shown that this is over. There are two weeks left until the election. Time to let the emotions go at this point. The fight is over. Yes the war continues on with midterms and the like, but for now, time to vote. Vote early if you can like I did, but then sit back and have a cold one and watch it all unfold with a smile on your face.

This is how I am going to go forward now anyway. I myself have been far too emotional.

I'm in Cobb county, Georgia. The wife and I went to vote early today at 10am and the line was already crazy long. If I had to guess around 100+ people. We didn't have enough time to wait in line since we had to go babysit our niece.
We plan on voting next Saturday and getting there a couple of minutes before they open.

Edit: I did notice something different from prior years. I spotted at least 2 armed police officers there. One outside watching the line and the other inside where the voting machines are.

ampere

Heavy is a piece of shit and you should all stop responding to him. Anyone that votes for Trump is a piece of shit. The fact that Donald Trump is actively harming our country is irrefutable and makes him the biggest piece of shit of all. It's one thing to pander to a particular demographic, it's something completely else to pander to a group by causing active harm to other groups or the country as a whole. Fuck you Heavy. Fuck you Heavy. Fuck you heavy. There, I just reverse Beetlejuiced your ass. Fuck off.

I don't know if this post is ban worthy, but whatever, ban my ass for it, I don't give a shit. It will have been worth it.

4klANrw.jpg

rjinaz

I'm in Cobb county, Georgia. The wife and I went to vote early today at 10am and the line was already crazy long. If I had to guess around 100+ people. We didn't have enough time to wait in line since we had to go babysit our niece.
We plan on voting next Saturday and getting there a couple of minutes before they open.

We need national voting standards so badly.

If I can vote through the mail, every other American should be able to as well. That others in this country have better voting rights because of the state they live in, is wrong.

NeoXChaos

We need national voting standards so badly.

If I can vote through the mail, every other American should be able to as well. That others in this country have better voting rights because of the state they live in, is wrong.

I wonder if Congress could pass something making it an option atleast.

If he didn't pick Pence or someone like him, I am not sure he would have survived the convention.

GOP resistance was already broken by the time he picked Pence. There was nothing anyone could do to him at the convention. People that thought otherwise are the same fools fantasizing about McMuffin winning the Presidency through the House right now.

"Our economy isn't growing at all."

"Last period we only had 1% growth."

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

Boy Trump hyperbole is always great.

You have to recognize that his base would hear 1% growth and think "That might as well be nothing! It should at least be 10%!" A good number of voters (on both sides) are economically illiterate. Which isn't to say I'm terribly well-versed either, but I like to count myself among those who make an effort to research these facts and figures before I decide how I feel about them. That said, as long as you can make something sound bad to a group of people who already want to believe it's bad, you're in the clear. And that's basically the crux of Trump's campaign.

jmood88

I just listened to a podcast about how a few states, Colorado being the one named in the episode, use Internet voting systems (mainly for soldiers and some other people overseas) that are easily hacked, which has now given me something else to worry about leading up to Election Day.

What an odd thing to meltdown over.

If he didn't pick Pence or someone like him, I am not sure he would have survived the convention.

I don't know what leverage the GOP had over Trump. I suspect he's getting exactly what he wanted out of Pence: some guy who will stay out of his way, and can speak to the rubes in Flyover Country that Trump despises.

If given a completely free hand, I suspect he would have chosen Ivanka, or his racist butler. I also suspect the campaign apparatus who "forced" Pence on him, is long gone at this point.

Iolo

Struggling with whether to vote by mail or in person the day of.
I like the atmosphere of voting on election day and the sticker, but it can be a pain to wait in line.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Why would you sign up to be sued??

Basileus: are you voting in person or by mail? Voting by mail looks hard.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Christie is such a wonderful governor that we have to wonder if he is going to sign a bill that will stop the state’s student loan agency from collecting on the families of dead debtors.

Wait, do you know how the situation ended up like that at the first place?

Cause that's crazy.

http://www.mdjonline.com/news/early...cle_6d9293ac-980d-11e6-8af3-5b43cd240e1f.html
Through the first four days of early voting this week, 14,288 Cobb residents have turned up at the county’s polling places to cast their ballot ahead of the November election.

Thursday saw the highest turnout so far this week with 3,837 people lining up to vote early.

In 2012, the last presidential election year, just 5,536 people voted early in-person through the first four days of early voting.

Sheeeeeit

Cobb county go blue plz

Boke1879

I don't think anymore sexual assault victims are going to move the needle much. He's a pres candidate. If they don't prosecute him now, they are never going to do it.

Personally I don't care if it moves the needle or not. I'm just glad more women are feeling the courage to come forward. They stand very little to gain in all of this.

That said while nothing legally happened to Bill Cosby his name is tarnished. At the very least I feel the same will be done with Trump and his brand especially after this election.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom