• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Its not worth a thread but i just wanted to say screw the Las Vegas Review Journal. What a disgrace.

edit: whelp its Adelson. He bought the LVRJ in Dec last year.

No it clearly says rapist. Not bill. Maybe it's a typo of the word therapist?
The white man with rapist around him is symbolic of how the white man is being (metaphorically) raped by globalization, NAFTA, free trade and Rosie O'Donnell. Only by draining the swamp, will the heterosexual white, Christian male be able to break the yolk of oppression that has enslaved him ever since the brown man became President.

Obviously.

Chichikov

Did you miss the subtle symbolism of putting the Jewish guy on a sign that says "GLOBALISM."

In case you didn't, here's Trump smashing the New World Order of Soros and Rothschild.
GtaJ8DW.png

:(
I liked pepe.

HylianTom

Banned
Man now I'm just sitting here watching 2012 election night coverage.

That's my plan for next Sunday night. I love the reactions of the various folks.

I hope someone puts all of 2016's Election Night coverage online.. this one's going to be one for the ages.

Tomorrow's events
October 24, 2016 Manchester, New Hampshire Get Out the Vote Rally Hillary Clinton & Senator Elizabeth Warren
October 24, 2016 Miami, Florida Early Vote Rally Tim Kaine
October 24, 2016 Palm Beach, Florida Early Vote Rally Tim Kaine
October 24, 2016 Dayton, Ohio Rally Vice President Joe Biden
October 24, 2016 Toledo, Ohio Rally Vice President Joe Biden
October 24, 2016 New York City, New York Fundraiser Chelsea Clinton

- MONDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2016 -ST. AUGUSTINE, FL Donald J. Trump
MONDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2016 -TAMPA, FL Donald J. Trump
MONDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2016 -SALISBURY, NC Governor Mike Pence
MONDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2016 -GREENSBORO, NC Governor Mike Pence

NeoXChaos

The worst takeaway the GOP is going to have from this election is that any Republican that wasn't Trump could've beaten Hillary Clinton.

The NeverTrumps like Dan Louglin and Josh Jordan have been sounding that alarm for months. Their hate against the Clinton's are laughable.

Bowdz

The worst takeaway the GOP is going to have from this election is that any Republican that wasn't Trump could've beaten Hillary Clinton.

Seriously.

That's going to be the party line for the next four years as they proceed to not make any of the changes necessary to be competitive in 2020.

sazzy

I have no idea what Trump is talking about here?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/790337063489040384

Trump's idea that you can amass huge amounts of soldiers from several coalitions and then launch a siege of a city without the occupying force noticing is.... I mean, it's fucking insane.

look up career zakarias coulumn on this. he explains well why the attack on Mosul took so long, why the US is only committing air support, why a sneak attack wouldn't work, etc.

That's my plan for next Sunday night. I love the reactions of the various folks.

I hope someone puts all of 2016's Election Night coverage online.. this one's going to be one for the ages.

As much as I enjoyed 2008 (in particular I never thought I would get to see Indiana go blue) the reactions are what makes 2012 so great. Only the crazies thought McCain was going to win. Pretty much the entire GOP was delusional about what was happening in 2012.

Seriously.

That's going to be the party line for the next four years as they proceed to not make any of the changes necessary to be competitive in 2020.

Yup.

What is about the Clintons that just incites seething rage from Republicans elites? I mean, I know the answer, but it's going to be their undoing.

Armaros

Yup.

What is about the Clintons that just incites seething rage from Republicans elites? I mean, I know the answer, but it's going to be their undoing.

The Clintons brought the Dems back from nothingness and heralded the end of the Reagan Years, which they still covet.

Diablos

I dunno the Obama hate was pretty intense.

I mean with Clinton they can at least point to something somewhat tangible with the emails, FBI investigation, etc. even if they exaggerate their complaints.

The Obama hate was real but fueled by completely, and I mean COMPLETELY baseless claims not rooted in anything but, you know, blind hatred

Gruco

Banned
2012 is nice for the schadenfreude but 2008 is the real uncut shit.
I enjoyed 2012 more I think. Seeing Bush go and Obama come in was cathartic, but Bush was at like 3% approval and most McCain fans knew what to expect. But 2012 had Romney fans absolutely convinced they were going to win, as well as the vindication of four more years after the Republicans adopted the legislative agenda of denying Obama a second term. I dunno. I mean 2008 was a really special time in US history but the fact that the scorched-earthers couldn't win meant a lot more to me than the original round of hope and change.
Tomorrow's events
Poor Trump needs friends :(
Seriously.

The coming war will be interesting. I can definitely imagine a major block who decides that the Trump platform was fine and would have won with fewer Access Hollywood tapes. At the same time, Trump's "success" with this strategy was closely tied to his insane personality, I really don't know how well someone could replicate it.

I do think that any effort from the GOP to dust off their 2012 autopsy will be challenged aggressively. I really don't see Sasse or Flake taking a 2020 primary. I would have bet on Cruz until he so spectacularly self-sabotaged.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I think Bill ruining the streak of executive branch wins for the GOP and causing H.W. to be a one-term prez is what sent them down to crazyland.

If you want to break down Trump's idiocy into a very digestible, sound-bite form: Mosul has hundreds of thousands of civilian residents. How do you surprise attack a city with that many non-combatants?

The obvious answer is that Trump doesn't see the difference between civilians in ISIL-held territory and ISIL operatives and soldiers themselves.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I dunno the Obama hate was pretty intense.

I mean with Clinton they can at least point to something somewhat tangible with the emails, FBI investigation, etc. even if they exaggerate their complaints.

The Obama hate was real but fueled by completely, and I mean COMPLETELY baseless claims not rooted in anything but, you know, blind hatred

Man, they investigated Hills over a Christmas card list back in the day. Congressional hearings and everything. They hate Obama for sure, but they were never driven into a blind rage that resulted them having congressional hearings over holiday cards.

Iolo

One of the reasons I supported Obama in 2008 was to give the Republicans a chance to walk back their crazy, since it was pretty obvious they wouldn't work with a Clinton given their irrational hate. Now that they squandered that opportunity in the most spectacular way possible, they shall now get their comeuppance rammed down their throats.

HylianTom

Banned
I think Bill ruining the streak of executive branch wins for the GOP and causing H.W. to be a one-term prez is what sent them down to crazyland.
Yup. There was a sense of entitlement on the part of Republicans back then - they deserved the White House. How dare this yokel from Arkansas glitch his way into the office?! He couldn't have done it without the help of that goofball Texan billionaire siphoning votes!

Or, at least, that's the message I heard from them back in '93. And as part of the "blame Perot" phenomenon, I saw these on cars all over the place:
don_t-blame-me-i-voted-for-bush-bumper-sticker.jpg

It's part of it. Deep down, they know Bubba took their policies, rebranded them, and got Black folks to listen to him. He's a slick Rhoades Scholar who can affect empathy, where their own affectation is based on boot-strappin and gay-bashin'

At some level, they think he stole the Reagan legacy by overseeing the Internet Revolution that should have been their springboard to a 1000 year Reich

Gruco

Banned
Yup. There was a sense of entitlement on the part of Republicans back then - they deserved the White House.
Not unlike a certain sense of entitlement Republicans today have towards the Supreme Court.

It's ours. I don't care what the constitution says. You can't have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom