• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Well, here's your preview for tomorrow

James O'Keefe
James O'Keefe‏ @JamesOKeefeIII

The reason @HillaryClinton didn’t deny her direct involvement with the @realDonaldTrump protests is bc, well, you’ll see tomorrow at noon...

I'm watching the re-air of Jake Tappers show with Kellyann Conway. Goddamn the end when he's like yeah well the crowds for Kerry in 2004, Romney in 2012, etc., didn't mean shit then he cuts to commercial.

Edit: Happy early voting day, Texas!

Give 'em Her!

Argyle

Anti circumcision protestors in SF.

So many problems in this city and this is the one they decide is worth tackling? 🙄

Maybe late but they always seem to come out of the woodwork for the American Academy of Pediatrics convention, no matter which city it's in (it's in San Francisco this week)

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Russia is taking down an LGBT support site for children for violating their "gay propaganda law."

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/10/11/russia-censors-internet-support-site-for-lgbt-teens/

You guys are losers and all of your citizens are killing themselves because your country is dying, leave your gay kids alone instead of tormenting them so they feel as miserable as you.

Pretty much, this forum has a hell of a Russian defense force and it gets quite aggravating.

jiggle

My wife and I dropped off our ballots today, here in Oregon. So +2 Hillary, not that she was worried about it.

Filling out the ballot from your living room sofa, with a big voter information packet and googling stuff you want to know more about is a pleasant voting experience. As was going for a short walk and dropping the ballots into the ballot drop box. On a Sunday! It's fucking criminal that the rest of the country doesn't vote this way.
We get a sticker though
You can't take selfie with an information packet

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
And, yeah, burn Russia to the ground. That country needs to be destroyed.

I don't take it that far, geeze.

It's just frustrating to see people used as decoys to get people to ignore the shit Russia is doing, and their fucked up economy. I just hope the approval numbers of Putin are actually nowhere near the 80+%.

JP_

Banned
Trump really wants to eliminate the first amendment just because media outlets write negative stories about him, lol.

CvgUWR_WAAAR6hc.jpg

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/790404291546738688

"sue if someone says something wrong"

Isn't that a bit... self defeating?

Russia reminds me of the former Confederacy.

Many of their citizens are in a state of despair and drug addiction and poverty and are held together only from a hate of minority groups and various others.

edit: The mountain west is actually the part suffering from drug addiction and suicide, the South struggles horribly with obesity.

Boke1879

Well, this is also the the thing that involves Donna Brazille so theoretically it's Donna Brazille saying something (highly misleading) about Hillary.

This man also seems to think any dem saying something somehow links back to Hillary.

Now it's possible this is something but just the way he's handled his shit to me shows he just wants attention. If he had something you release that shit asap. You don't build the hype yourself

I don't take it that far, geeze.

It's just frustrating to see people used as decoys to get people to ignore the shit Russia is doing, and their fucked up economy. I just hope the approval numbers of Putin are actually nowhere near the 80+%.

Putin's done a masterfully Fox News-ish job getting both Millenials and older folk to be swayed by his governing abilities. It would not surprise me if it sits high at the moment, similar to how Duterte is currently popular in the polls in the Phillipines despite all the crap he's been pulling and saying.

Suikoguy

Putin's done a masterfully Fox News-ish job getting both Millenials and older folk to be swayed by his governing abilities. It would not surprise me if it sits high at the moment, similar to how Duterte is currently popular in the polls in the Phillipines despite all the crap he's been pulling and saying.

I've figured that 27% of the population is shit, and I can forgive a country where shit opinions hover around that range. But it's difficult to say "well, we can't indict all of Russia" when 80+% are approving of it.

The rise of Duterte, is in many ways, more baffling to me than Putin. I don't see the cause, like I can in Russia.

CCS

Banned
I like the Philippines :mad:

I don't know what happened that they decided "let's elect the pro-rape guy who immediately cause thousands of people to be murdered."

I've got a couple of Filipino friends who are pretty glad they don't live there any more. The country is right-wing Christian insanity turned up to 11 pretty much all the time.

Debirudog

I read the previous president was doing a decent job but he got impeached for whatever reason.

Meanwhile Duterte is gonna fuck everything up and help China for absolutely no gain.

thebloo

Part of Putin's approval is based on the same sentiments that pushed Trump. Russia is a great country that doesn't win anymore, bla bla and Putin is making it great again. Only he didn't have to offend a large percentage of the population while doing it.

Couple that with the anti-gay message against the West (which are making people gay, ofc) and you've got a party.

Also, keep in mind that his numbers come from the modern equivalents of Pravda.

I've figured that 27% of the population is shit, and I can forgive a country where shit opinions hover around that range. But it's difficult to say "well, we can't indict all of Russia" when 80+% are approving of it.

The rise of Duterte, is in many ways, more baffling to me than Putin. I don't see the cause, like I can in Russia.

Duterte is easy to explain once you know Filipino politics: Filipinos 'fall in love' with a personality faster than they do with policy. See: Marcos, Erap and now, Duterte.

That and you literally have communists parties allying with ultra conservative parties because the leaders like each other. It's why there are like a hundred different political parties too. Each prominent politician literally starts their own party.

It's tribal + popularity contest politics taken to the extreme.

Chumley

Banned
Today on Morning Joe: "Well, you know it's Donald Trump's right to sue his accusers if he feels wronged, those elite liberals in Washington are just too concerned with being outraged to see that."

geomon

My wife and I dropped off our ballots today, here in Oregon. So +2 Hillary, not that she was worried about it.

Filling out the ballot from your living room sofa, with a big voter information packet and googling stuff you want to know more about is a pleasant voting experience. As was going for a short walk and dropping the ballots into the ballot drop box. On a Sunday! It's fucking criminal that the rest of the country doesn't vote this way.

Florida is doing vote by mail this year and that's how I did it. It's fucking awesome.

We vote like that up in Washington too. That is technically part of the rest of the country!

:)

CCS

Banned
Real talk: is there a better political/social commentary song than Mathematics by Mos Def? Still relevant as fuck too.

Maledict

I'm not sure on that. Keeping it 1600 has repeatedly referenced the polling that shows that Putin is the least trusted person / thing in existence - even less trusted than the media and congress.

They're working to burn our country to the ground through their puppet Trump, I think we're entitled to a few unkind fantasies.

Doesn't mean a whole country should go up in flames. Liberals and others complain about Iraq being a clusterfuck after Saddam got ousted. What do you think would happen if country that has nukes, storehouses of weapons, high crime, and untold numbers of corrupted people that hold power, crumbles? A complete fucking disaster.

Russia needs reforms and different government, not to be destroyed that's insane.

Just imagine being somebody who gives that guy any amount of credibility.

CNN: Breaking News!

Today on Morning Joe: "Well, you know it's Donald Trump's right to sue his accusers if he feels wronged, those elite liberals in Washington are just too concerned with being outraged to see that."

Probably something more like, "oh yeah? Well so and so Democrat sued his accusers too! I'm not defending Donald Trump though."

Magni

I can't imagine voting any other way. Some elections are dead simple (Trump vs Clinton), but others have a lot more nuance. I'm still torn on I-732 (WA voter), currently leaning towards Yes. It's my last thing to decide on before I mail my ballot in. How are WA GAFers voting on it?

Filling out the ballot from your living room sofa, with a big voter information packet and googling stuff you want to know more about is a pleasant voting experience.

Why this system isn't implemented nationwide is beyond me. It would help end all the partisan fighting that we have because people wouldn't just blindly vote along party lines. Candidates would be held accountable to the things they say while campaigning and you would have plenty of time to learn about all the candidates rather than just blindly selecting Democrat's or Republican's.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Why this system isn't implemented nationwide is beyond me.

... because ...

It would help end all the partisan fighting that we have because people wouldn't just blindly vote along party lines. Candidates would be held accountable to the things they say while campaigning and you would have plenty of time to learn about all the candidates rather than just blindly selecting Democrat's or Republican's.

sazzy

I was just rewatching some clips from the 2012 election, and I love it when whoever is announcing the projected winners goes "California goes to Pres Obama" followed by "Oh and Mitt Romney gets Idaho, Wyoming..." etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom