• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
...but the Republican stereotype is that they make irrational decisions based on gut feelings. So through bucking that stereotype, he conforms to the Republican one.
I think his real unspoken reason was he was a "temporarily embarrassed millionaire", he complained about taxation on the rich. He drove a BMW (older 3 series hatchback) and bragged about how few teachers drive "nice cars like he did". Weird dude all in all.

While y'all watch Morning Joe in abject horror, let me tell you about the dream I had last night.

Chris Matthews was my Uber driver. And he wanted to talk about stupid wars, bad trade deals and immigration. And Pennsylvania.

It was awful.

So I assume that means that if women, minorities, and the educated vote in record numbers, Clinton will win by double digits.

I feel ashamed to say that I am technically part of that "white men without a college degree" demographic.

Though to be fair, I am Jewish and from MA, so those aspects make me part of some very antiTrump demographics.

I too am apart of the "white men without a college degree" demographic. But I'm Georgia just barely within the metro Atlanta area. What's worse is my wife's family lives in northwest Georgia where there are a plethora of Trump yard signs.
61300392de0788652f8fe73f93f8e743.jpg

CCS

Banned
Woah now. I think we can make an exception for male Jews and the college educated.

True, and also the gays. We have a great relationship with the gays.

While y'all watch Morning Joe in abject horror, let me tell you about the dream I had last night.

Chris Matthews was my Uber driver. And he wanted to talk about stupid wars, bad trade deals and immigration. And Pennsylvania.

It was awful.

Are you 100% sure that wasn't a sex dream bae? :p

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
why does everyone here hate chris matthews
I don't hate him. I think he's an old timey pundity pundit. He gets into trouble sometimes for saying brazenly sexist or insensitive things about people as he tries to "read their soul" because he's sooooo good at that.

Who here is ready to see certified Beezlebub Killary Corruptionton destroyed by brave wiretapping patriot Something O'Keefe today?

(btw, how the hell is he not in jail for the wiretapping thing)

A world without mushrooms in risotto is not a world I want to live in.

Mushrooms are the WORST tho. Even worse than Trump. All slimy and disgusting in my mouth and the SMELL oh my god they're just AWFUL

I don't, he sucks as a host but he's the best at interviews.
No, he can be good at interviews. Sometimes. Unless it's the beautiful and talented Kellyanne Conway, at which point he's fucking stupid. He also talks over everyone, and he also pretends to have some insight into certain demos of voters (he doesn't) and he pretends to know things (he doesn't) but he keeps talking through it all!

I don't hate, hate him. But being trapped in an Uber with him is like....almost hell. It'd be like having to listen to Mariah Carey on repeat.
You know tho this is directed at, sorry bro!

CCS

Banned
Who here is ready to see certified Beezlebub Killary Corruptionton destroyed by brave wiretapping patriot Something O'Keefe today?

(btw, how the hell is he not in jail for the wiretapping thing)

Mushrooms are the WORST tho. Even worse than Trump. All slimy and disgusting in my mouth and the SMELL oh my god they're just AWFUL

You can join Adam in the shitty taste club :p

I mean.....I'm a lady, so I don't talk about such things.

Of course queen :p

That NYT spread is awesome af. Also if that really is Trump scooping O'Keefe it's hilarious.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
'Clinton Charity Got Up To $56 Million From Nations That Are Anti-Women, Gays' #CrookedHillary

That apostrophe on "gays" is really annoying me.

CCS

Banned
'Clinton Charity Got Up To $56 Million From Nations That Are Anti-Women, Gays' #CrookedHillary

Unless he's saying that they're anti-women nations which belong to the gays? :p

Of course queen :p
I should never be so vulgar as to talk about the private things that happen. I was born with both feet firmly on the ground, thank you.
That's why all my clothes are tear away.
I wonder if the 'secret tape' is O'Keefe's thing. Because of course Trump would be seeing them before they're released, nothing shady there, oh, no.
Since he's literally paying for them, I assume he gets final say on the cuts and edits.

dramatis

What are some good election podcasts other than Politico/538/1600?
I never listened to the Politico podcast, but if you're just hungry for talking heads and want more, you can listen to

NY Times Run-Up

New Republic Primary Concern

Woocast (Podcast by Sam Wang and Julian Zelizer of Princeton) (they sound dry but their topics are pretty good)

Slate Political Gabfest (they talk about politics but usually also an extra, less publicized subject at the end)

The Axe Files David Axelod was formerly one of Obama's close advisors

NPR Politics is somewhat light

If you're up for some light and fluffy material because all these politics is weighing you down, Hillary's campaign has a podcast, With Her.

why does everyone here hate chris matthews

Hate would be a strong word. His strength, which is also his weakness, is that when he interviews people he will push for the answers he is looking for. When it's him calling out Giuliani for Trump's birtherism it's great because he is not allowing that scumbag to try and pivot away from the important questions. But sometimes he'll be interviewing someone and he'll ask them a question and as the intervewed person is directly answering the question he'll interrupt because he is looking for a gotcha, but instead he comes off as an asshole not letting someone directly answer a question.

Wilsongt

Man. Whichever president it was that went on the rampage of breaking up monopolies must be rolling in their grave with the ATT x Time Warner, and now TD Ameritrade and Scottrade mergers.

All of the Pepe avatars on Trump tweets... I can't tell if it's done ironically or by true believera.

It's not an apostrophe, he's just an idiot that thinks you can use single dash quoting for a layer one quote.

Major story that the Dems are making up phony polls in order to suppress the the Trump . We are going to WIN!

k.

So, he's just making up whatever now then. Cool. 2 weeks to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom