• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
Major story that the Dems are making up phony polls in order to suppress the the Trump . We are going to WIN!

k.

So, he's just making up whatever now then. Cool. 2 weeks to go.

The delusion didn't work for Romney. It's certainly not going to work for Trump.

SexyFish

Banned
Major story that the Dems are making up phony polls in order to suppress the the Trump . We are going to WIN!

k.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Take the L you bitter orange.

Wilsongt

You guys remember how Romney said he didn't even write a concession speech?

...What is Trump even going to do on stage

My guess is incite a riot. Or announce his TV network while also saying that he made it to Pennsylvania avenue anyway due to his hotel.
So, he's a winner regardless.

Of all the Conservative fluffers that (the failing) NYT allows to use its Opinion Page, Ross Douthat might be the most annoying. He combines an a-historical fog and reflexive 'bothsiderism' with none of the flowery prose of David Brooks. He's a conduit for the most banal conservative 'Common Wisdom' while trying to write himself out of the role as 'Elite Meedja.' He's the worst.

Here is his morning hairball, warning that while Trump is an oafish buffoon, destined to be an electoral plane crash, we must remember that Clinton is a dangerous purveyor of Washington insiderism and stale, stay-the-course orthodoxy, when it's obvious what Real 'Murica craves is that new-hotness; a muscular reclamation of outside-the-box thinking and concern for the fading values that made us great (read: Rockwell-ian caricatures of White people confused about a changing world)

The dangers of a Hillary Clinton presidency are more familiar than Trump’s authoritarian unknowns, because we live with them in our politics already. They’re the dangers of elite groupthink, of Beltway power worship, of a cult of presidential action in the service of dubious ideals. They’re the dangers of a recklessness and radicalism that doesn’t recognize itself as either, because it’s convinced that if an idea is mainstream and commonplace among the great and good then it cannot possibly be folly.

Almost every crisis that has come upon the West in the last 15 years has its roots in this establishmentarian type of folly. The Iraq War, which liberals prefer to remember as a conflict conjured by a neoconservative cabal, was actually the work of a bipartisan interventionist consensus, pushed hard by George W. Bush but embraced as well by a large slice of center-left opinion that included Tony Blair and more than half of Senate Democrats.

090.jpg

http://nyti.ms/2erOQTQ

I know you'll missed dat Rassssss:

Donald Trump still has a slight edge in Rasmussen Reports’ latest White House Watch.

The new national telephone and online survey of Likely U.S. Voters shows Trump with 43% support to Clinton’s 41%. Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson gets five percent (5%) of the vote, while Green Party nominee picks up three percent (3%). Another three percent (3%) like some other candidate, while five percent (5%) are not sure. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Today’s survey is unchanged from Friday but includes the second full night of surveying following the final presidential debate last week in Las Vegas. Rasmussen Reports is one of three national polls that still shows the race as competitive with two weeks to go; most others portray Clinton with a wide – and, in some cases, growing - lead.

witness

You guys remember how Romney said he didn't even write a concession speech?

...What is Trump even going to do on stage

An infomercial for Trump TV. Everyone will be watching so it'll be some bigly free advertisement. He will concede but tell his people to follow him over. The election won't be close for him so he will have no choice but to concede, and he will take advantage of that with advertising his new network everywhere.

kess

I miss when Ross was at the Atlantic and Sullivan would mercilessly roast him

speaking of which, Megan McArdle was worse

Boke1879

k.

HE must see all the polls against him and now he's just making shit up lol.

I miss when Ross was at the Atlantic and Sullivan would mercilessly roast him

speaking of which, Megan McArdle was worse

Megan and her broken calculator were in fact the worst. But that's the cross to bear to have good, long-form journalism: hackish Conservative cretins with more concern that their Thermomix may be on the fritz, than if their proposed policies may starve kids.

Measley

Of all the Conservative fluffers that (the failing) NYT allows to use its Opinion Page, Ross Douthat might be the most annoying. He combines an a-historical fog and reflexive 'bothsiderism' with none of the flowery prose of David Brooks. He's a conduit for the most banal conservative 'Common Wisdom' while trying to write himself out of the role as 'Elite Meedja.' He's the worst.

Here is his morning hairball, warning that while Trump is an oafish buffoon, destined to be an electoral plane crash, we must remember that Clinton is a dangerous purveyor of Washington insiderism and stale, stay-the-course orthodoxy, when it's obvious what Real 'Murica craves is that new-hotness; a muscular reclamation of outside-the-box thinking and concern for the fading values that made us great (read: Rockwell-ian caricatures of White people confused about a changing world)

The worst thing about people such as Brooks is that they believe that all the evils in the world stem from liberalism, and that conservatism can do no wrong. Even in that piece he wrote he blames liberals, not conservatives for the Iraq War, saying that half the liberal senate voted for the war. He conveniently leaves out the fact that the reason the Dems in the senate voted for the war was because they were fed bullshit intelligence from the Bush administration. He also leaves out the fact that the Bush administration was hungering for a war in Iraq even before 9/11.

It reminds me of those fucks who believe that the KKK are actually liberals because they were made up of Democrats in the 1860s.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I have a giant shit-eating grin right now as I overhear a die-hard republican co-worker trying to convince another one this is still a horse race and Trump has at least a 50% chance of winning.

Sorry bro

Why has nobody asked Kaine about the horrible views emanated on WikiLeaks about Catholics? Media in the tank for Clinton but Trump will win!

k

Wilsongt

Why has nobody asked Kaine about the horrible views emanated on WikiLeaks about Catholics? Media in the tank for Clinton but Trump will win!

k

Let's talk more about Podesta's emails and his ties to Russia.

Oh boy. I googles Trump and the first article I got was about a DEAD HEAT between Clinton and Trump in some poll I never heard of.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
We are saving the oppo for when the real Wikileaks stuff hits.

I guess we are more than halfway though? Podestaemails 16x2 = 32/50?

So...this is where it gets bad!!!

Doesn't assange know people are already voting

Florida to jump off the tweet that was just posted

@Timodc Tim Miller Retweeted Adam Smith
To put a finer point on it.

Mitt lost Florida in 12 + 3 point drop in GOP absentee from 12 to 16 + Trump doing worse w/ indies = disaster

Boke1879

Trump really sounds like a child throwing a tantrum with those tweets, and I really hope we get an early call with Florida with those numbers.

The worst thing about people such as Brooks is that they believe that all the evils in the world stem from liberalism, and that conservatism can do no wrong. Even in that piece he wrote he blames liberals, not conservatives for the Iraq War, saying that half the liberal senate voted for the war. He conveniently leaves out the fact that the reason the Dems in the senate voted for the war was because they were fed bullshit intelligence from the Bush administration. He also leaves out the fact that the Bush administration was hungering for a war in Iraq even before 9/11.

It reminds me of those fucks who believe that the KKK are actually liberals because they were made up of Democrats in the 1860s.

This is the 21st Century replacement for Brooks, Ross "Chunky Reese Witherspoon" Douthat. But if you haven't had your morning coffee, it's easy to confuse the two, because they're basically writing the same column.

The Leninist streak of, "TRUE Conservatism cannot fail, only be failed" after they and their mini-me's cheered on the invasion or Iraq, only to turn around a decade later to lament the obvious outcomes, and skyrocketing costs, is sickening.

The cocktail circuit Conservatives might just be more contemptible than Trump's Flyover Country fans, at least those folks work for a living and came by their stupidity honestly, not because they're being paid to ignore what they learned in some of America's most prestigious schools and institutions.

lyrick

k

Someone didn't watch the first 10 minutes of MTP this weekend.

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/meet-press-october-23-2016-n671406 said:
CHUCK TODD:

I'm curious if as a Catholic, you were offended by one of the WikiLeaks that came out of, it was an email exchange that included the campaign spokesperson Jennifer Palmieri, one person wrote that-- referring to Rupert Murdoch, for instance, that they are both Catholic, that they are attracted to the faith because of the quote, "systemic thought and severely backward gender relations."

And then Jennifer Palmieri reportedly weighs in, "I imagine they think it is the most socially-acceptable, politically-conservative religion, their rich friends wouldn't understand if they became evangelicals." Did that bother you as a Catholic, Senator?

SEN. TIM KAINE:

Well, you know, first, I don't know whether, you know, those folks wrote those emails or not, so I really can't comment on the attribution of them.

CHUCK TODD:

But a lot of Catholic-Americans have heard that. And some of them are offended by it. What do you say to them?

SEN. TIM KAINE:

Here's what I say to them. Hillary Clinton's feeling about faith and about Catholicism in particular is most demonstrated by the fact that she asked me to be a running mate. And she described one of the reasons that she felt a connection with me was because of my own faith background, my missionary service in Honduras, and my Jesuit education, which she felt was a pretty close match in some ways for her Methodist upbringing. That is the most direct evidence about what Hillary thinks about Catholics.

Measley

This is the 21st Century replacement for Brooks, Ross "Chunky Reese Witherspoon" Douthat. But if you haven't had your morning coffee, it's easy to confuse the two, because they're basically writing the same column.

The Leninist streak of, "TRUE Conservatism cannot fail, only be failed" after they and their mini-me's cheered on the invasion or Iraq, only to turn around a decade later to lament the obvious outcomes, and skyrocketing costs, is sickening.

The cocktail circuit Conservatives might just be more contemptible than Trump's Flyover Country fans, at least those folks work for a living and came by their stupidity honestly, not because they're being paid to ignore what they learned in some of America's most prestigious schools and institutions.

Yeah, whoops, I meant Douthat.

It's coffee time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom