• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

It's a dumb analogy, elections don't function like singular actions in sports events.

It's just a joke since in last night's game both teams missed back to back 20 yd field goals, making the game result in a rare tie. So that probability happened not once, but twice

Voror

Went to early voting for this morning in Texas and did my part. Not sure if Texas could actually go Blue but hey can't hurt to try and at least let my voice be heard.

PPP:

Hillary: 47
Trump: 44
Johnson: 4

Cooper: 46
McCrory: 44
Some Guy: 3

Burr: 42
Ross: 41
Some Guy: 6

But:

One positive sign for Ross is that the undecided voters in her race support both Clinton and Cooper by 13 points, so if she can reach them in the next couple weeks it might put her over the top.

Also:

PPP's newest North Carolina poll finds that Democrats are running up large leads already during early voting. Among those who say they've already voted, 63% say they cast their ballots for Hillary Clinton to only 37% for Donald Trump. Interestingly, less than half of a percent say they voted for Gary Johnson, which could be a sign that he won't end up getting that much more support than a normal third party candidate. The big Democratic advantage holds down ballot as well. Roy Cooper leads Pat McCrory 61-33 for Governor among those who have already voted, with Libertarian Lon Cecil at 1%. And Deborah Ross leads Richard Burr 52-34 for Senate, with Libertarian Sean Haugh at 7% among those who say they have already cast their ballots.

sazzy

1hcvysqp7etx.png

Boke1879

What I get from that tweet and image. They know it's over. Trump has lost. But that image is there for the "rigged" narrative.

Trump really "won" but Hillary clearly cheated.

Seems like wikileaks wants to look a bit unbiased now, but fuck that.

studyguy

That The Walking Dead premiere from last night was too much. I still cant.

I just don't see how that show has legs to keep going. This isn't the thread to discuss it but it feels like it's been treading water for a while. AMC really needs a new hit.

This feels like one of those Trump staffer tweets, like when you know it wasn't Assange who shot that one out but some guy who still thinks they have to show integrity.

Teggy

Oh, LOL, Josh Marshall made a good point that Trump's proof of Dem manipulation of polls was probably in response to that "oversampling" email, which has been widely misinterpreted.

I mean storywise, never said anything about viewership, but like I said this isn't the thread for that discussion.
The story has always sucked. It's slow as shit and none of the characters are likable.

on topic: If Trump wins does Alec Baldwin become a regular cast member on SNL?

The wife and I are gonna go vote early today in Georgia. The line was crazy long when we went Saturday and we didn't have time to wait.

The director of Cobb Elections is actually recommending voters try going to the civic center before trying main office because of the amount of people early voting.

And then there's this news out of Gwinnett (hopium perhaps?):
http://www.11alive.com/news/local/more-gwinnett-early-voting-locations-to-open-on-monday/340304424
Due to high demand for early voting in Gwinnett County, more locations are set to open according to officials.

They are adding two additional locations in addition to the Elections office to vote early.

Toxi

Banned
It means they're giving up on October Surprising Clinton. I wonder if they'll stop releasing material and save it for blackmail when president.
Blackmailing the President with the threat of revealing Podesta's top secret new risotto recipe.

They could start World War 3.

Oh.

@steveschale: In conservative Duval County, FL, the GOP was +3,000 in VBM ballots over two weeks of voting. In 4 hours of Early Vote, Dems are up 500.

@steveschale: In first four hours of early voting in bellwether Hillsborough County, FL, Dems have a 49-35% lead in voters. #enthusiasmgap

Futureman

how are all these early voting numbers coming out? Is it from official channels?

I wonder how they count the early votes? do they wait until election day? Or does someone out there know the current state of votes cast so far?

All of this dem-fueled enthusiasm over the "certain Clinton victory" sounds more and more like a sitcom where the local race is decidedly in one favor until the day of the election and then everyone forgets to vote to maintain the status quo.

Simpsons did it!

Thankfully status
quid pro
quo is the Dems in the whitehouse.

the only thing impartial that Wikileaks deserves is the judge at their tribunal.

(yeah I have an authoritarian streak, but they just dump all kinds of personal and sensitive information zero effs given. No sympathy to their information-wants-to-be-free mandate when it's so clearly inconsiderate and corrupted).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom