• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vahagn

As a Canadian with only a cursory knowledge of American politics, I think Hillary Clinton seems like a genuinely excellent candidate and I can't grasp the amount of hate she's attracting. I mean, yeah, Republican hate I grasp--that's based on sexism, delusion, and a bunch of people with authoritarian personalities who are told to demonize someone.

But why are Dems so lukewarm on her? I get that she's not super-charismatic--she seems like a nitty-gritty, ultra-competent, details sort of person who's better at being trustworthy rather than seeming trustworthy--but isn't that exactly the type of person who should be President?

Once you eliminate republicans you're left with mostly younger millennials as the group who dislike her.

And young people as a general rule just hate whoever represents the establishment and government in general. They still function with a naïveté and have heads filled with conspiracy theories...I was there too.

Look at how my generation hated Bush (although he deserved it). But fast forward to 2016 and it turns out he was the most sensible republican and least racist republican that exists anymore.

But I remember prior to the 2004 election, there was a rally at our university campus where people were telling voters that Bush would create a war draft if he got re-elected and we'd be conscripted to fight in the Third World War.

Young people are notoriously willing to accept conspiracy theories and arguments about government tyranny.

mo60

pack it up dude

6uwZjA.png

It will be funny if they blocked the guy from uploading videos and he did not notice they did that.

Boke1879

Lets say for the sake of argument. Youtube is blocking his shit.

That's why you don't fucking announce shit like this. If you got the goods just drop it. Not to mention if it was serious there are other avenues to upload videos.

Wilsongt

DRUDGE SIREN DRUDGE SIREN

CLINTON ALLY GAVE MONEY TO WIFE OF FUTURE FBI AGENT WHO WOULD SOON OVERSEE CLINTON EMAIL SCANDAL

ALERT ALERT

Fuck Fox news.

Emarv

Bernie turned out to be a good team player in the end. I was sort of worried after his tepid endorsement of Hillary instead of a fully fledged one. Pretty sure that budget committee chairman position is sounding very enticing right about now.

Same. I was pleasantly surprised how much he ended up doing on her behalf. I'm sure he, Clinton and Schumer came to a really good agreement. And I'm even more sure the Trump stuff and the opposition he saw from the BernieBros really motivated him.

DRUDGE SIREN DRUDGE SIREN

CLINTON ALLY GAVE MONEY TO WIFE OF FUTURE FBI AGENT WHO WOULD SOON OVERSEE CLINTON EMAIL SCANDAL

ALERT ALERT

Fuck Fox news.

This is literally all they're talking about today.

"Trump seems to be behind in most polls, but he's tied in this one outlier....

ANYWAY, check out the 'optics' of this nonstory!"

Damaniel

Banned
Talked to my girlfriend's dad regarding voting.

Apparently he's not voting at all which is fine. I don't need him voting no on basically everything I voted yes on / vice versa. Lots of 'I don't like either of them, I'm not voting at all this is horseshit, etc.' Not even local level stuff so w/e. That man is awful.

My mom, out of the blue when I saw her on Saturday, said she was voting for Hillary. She's hated the Clintons with a fiery passion since the 90s (thanks, Rush Limbaugh) and believes half the conspiracy theories surrounding her and Bill. That said, she hates the idea of President Trump so much that she's willing to hold her nose and vote for Hillary rather than not vote at all.

Of course, we both live in a very safe blue state so it doesn't matter that much, but at least it will cancel out my dad's Trump vote.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I'll be early voting in Florida this afternoon. What concerns me most is Amendment 1, because it's very deceptively worded to make you think it's for more solar energy freedom, but it would actually give that freedom to the power companies.

Dicks.

Where did you see this?
Twitter feed, so read from bottom-up.
David Fahrenthold‏ @Fahrenthold
That's a great idea. When this big story runs, I'll share all 83 -- though by then the number will probably be larger.

David Harris‏ @Hero_Complex
At this point, just a pure list of every Q @Fahrenthold has sent Trump's campaign, w/ reasons + answers, would be great standalone article. (link: https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/790582437398974464) twitter.com/Fahrenthold/st…
David Fahrenthold‏ @Fahrenthold
Not until I get answers from the Dwyer High School Band.

Quinn Piper‏ @QuinnPiper
@Fahrenthold When will you draw a line under your list and publish the "big story"?

Amir0x

Banned
lol

TheFederalist Panelist: "As the president would say, Donald Trump has a lot of tells."

John King:

"Awwwwwwwwww....what the heck!"

(Because she had been wondering earlier how long Obama could keep up the blackjack metaphor)

The way King said that shit on CNN. Could not stop laughing out loud.

SexyFish

Banned
Text for O'Keefe's new bullshit video (still not processed)

Part III of the undercover Project Veritas Action investigation dives further into the back room dealings of Democratic politics. It exposes prohibited communications between Hillary Clinton’s campaign, the DNC and the non-profit organization Americans United for Change. And, it’s all disguised as a duck. In this video, several Project Veritas Action undercover journalists catch Democracy Partners founder directly implicating Hillary Clinton in FEC violations. “In the end, it was the candidate, Hillary Clinton, the future president of the United States, who wanted ducks on the ground,” says Creamer in one of several exchanges. “So, by God, we would get ducks on the ground.” It is made clear that high-level DNC operative Creamer realized that this direct coordination between Democracy Partners and the campaign would be damning when he said: “Don’t repeat that to anybody.” The first video explained the dark secrets and the hidden connections and organizations the Clinton campaign uses to incite violence at Trump rallies. The second video exposed a diabolical step-by-step voter fraud strategy discussed by top Democratic operatives and showed one key operative admitting that the Democrats have been rigging elections for fifty years. This latest video takes this investigation even further.

Emarv

lol

TheFederalist Panelist: "As the president would say, Donald Trump has a lot of tells."

John King:

"Awwwwwwwwww....what the heck!"

(Because she had been wondering earlier how long Obama could keep up the blackjack metaphor)

The way King said that shit on CNN. Could not stop laughing out loud.

Which was also a callback to the segment on Obama saying "What the heck?" Just a solid bit a television there.

User1608

Banned
I love watching my catalog of horror movies for this month. Scarrrrryyyy.
Bernie turned out to be a good team player in the end. I was sort of worried after his tepid endorsement of Hillary instead of a fully fledged one. Pretty sure that budget committee chairman position is sounding very enticing right about now.
He's definitely been awesome. So happy and almost makes me regret how harsh I was with him.:p

sazzy

wtf

Part III of the undercover Project Veritas Action investigation dives further into the back room dealings of Democratic politics. It exposes prohibited communications between Hillary Clinton’s campaign, the DNC and the non-profit organization Americans United for Change. And, it’s all disguised as a duck. In this video, several Project Veritas Action undercover journalists catch Democracy Partners founder directly implicating Hillary Clinton in FEC violations. “In the end, it was the candidate, Hillary Clinton, the future president of the United States, who wanted ducks on the ground,” says Creamer in one of several exchanges. “So, by God, we would get ducks on the ground.” It is made clear that high-level DNC operative Creamer realized that this direct coordination between Democracy Partners and the campaign would be damning when he said: “Don’t repeat that to anybody.” The first video explained the dark secrets and the hidden connections and organizations the Clinton campaign uses to incite violence at Trump rallies. The second video exposed a diabolical step-by-step voter fraud strategy discussed by top Democratic operatives and showed one key operative admitting that the Democrats have been rigging elections for fifty years. This latest video takes this investigation even further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom