• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't see how that show has legs to keep going. This isn't the thread to discuss it but it feels like it's been treading water for a while. AMC really needs a new hit.
I know it isnt the thread but poligaf is the smartest bunch. I'm tired of LOL GARBAGE SHOW IM DONE from posters in OT who come again and again and refuse to eat crow. I enjoyed the premiere and I honestly dont think I've watched any other show that actually got my heartbeat racing in those moments. I was like, woah my heartbeat is racing over a tv show.

I feel like the premiere breathed a new life. Rick is basically a level 1 scrub now.

Negan is basically Trump. He would subjugate everybody and take half their shit.

Necrovex

Had to send an email to my supervisor county election board instead of calling. Seems like my provider (or Google) doesn't allow free Google calls to the states any longer using data. Sad days there as I wanted to nip my dilemma concerning my ballot asap.

Hoping the board allows me to fax a second ballot and to ignore the snail mail one. Faxing it would ensure it reaches them rather than rely on South Africa international shipping. Plus I want to see my corrections.

Veelk

Banned
Another day, another Hillary's campaign is over death march. Depressing!

It's a narrative arc more repetitive than the walking dead crew stumbling on a peaceful seeming safe haven with a dark underbelly, during which black people die and are replaced with more black people.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
As a Canadian with only a cursory knowledge of American politics, I think Hillary Clinton seems like a genuinely excellent candidate and I can't grasp the amount of hate she's attracting. I mean, yeah, Republican hate I grasp--that's based on sexism, delusion, and a bunch of people with authoritarian personalities who are told to demonize someone.

But why are Dems so lukewarm on her? I get that she's not super-charismatic--she seems like a nitty-gritty, ultra-competent, details sort of person who's better at being trustworthy rather than seeming trustworthy--but isn't that exactly the type of person who should be President?

Iolo

Wapo should droppo the oppo on Aleppo rapido...or else we'll all get complacent!

oppo!

EKYRRhl.jpg

Emarv

Bernie is totally right. If they hacked Jeff Weaver's email, I'm sure we'd be shocked the kind of stuff that was spread about Hillary (but then would ignore because she's a corrupt evil demon).

Hell, I'd love to see the garbage the Republican primary campaigns were emailing about each other.

mclem

I was under the impression that the Clinton campaign was scheduled to be destroyed around now.

I mean genuinely if that leaked I would have to take a second look at Trump. Trump probably likes Doctor Who.

I dunno, lots of very evil businessmen.

mo60

PPP:

Hillary: 47
Trump: 44
Johnson: 4

Cooper: 46
McCrory: 44
Some Guy: 3

Burr: 42
Ross: 41
Some Guy: 6

But:

Also:

If this early voting advantage for the dems right now in NC actually does not get hurt to much by election day voting I wouldn't be surprised to Hilary win NC by a double digit margin.

marrec

Banned
Bernie is totally right. If they hacked Jeff Weaver's email, I'm sure we'd be shocked the kind of stuff that was spread about Hillary (but then would ignore because she's a corrupt evil demon).

Hell, I'd love to see the garbage the Republican primary campaigns were emailing about each other.

It's so easy at this point to thwart even 2FA with a little social engineering I'm legit shocked that someone hasn't gotten into a high level GOP strategists e-mail yet.

Bernie said this? NIce Bernie :)

I also like Doctor Who...

As a Canadian with only a cursory knowledge of American politics, I think Hillary Clinton seems like a genuinely excellent candidate and I can't grasp the amount of hate she's attracting. I mean, yeah, Republican hate I grasp--that's based on sexism, delusion, and a bunch of people with authoritarian personalities who are told to demonize someone.

But why are Dems so lukewarm on her? I get that she's not super-charismatic--she seems like a nitty-gritty, ultra-competent, details sort of person who's better at being trustworthy rather than seeming trustworthy--but isn't that exactly the type of person who should be President?
It's the low-information Dems that are lukewarm on her, and the "independents" who are actually liberal but consider themselves "free thinkers" and are easily swayed by sources like Wikileaks and social media memes.

All the lifelong Dem politicos I know have been Hillary all the way, even in the primary or at least after O'Malley dropped out.

Grief.exe

Georgia is only a week into early voting. And there are two weeks left to vote early here:

According to Secretary of State Brian Kemp, 578,539 ballots have been cast as of today.

To put this in perspective, the number of early votes in Georgia in 2012 was 1,695,626.

Emarv

Bernie said this? NIce Bernie :)

I also like Doctor Who...

Yup

“Trust me, if they went into our emails — I suppose which may happen, who knows — I’m sure there would be statements that would be less than flattering about, you know, the Clinton staff,” Sanders said. “That’s what happens in campaigns.”

Then he tried to throw some shade but ended up confirming how much more prepared she was at campaigns than he was.

“The way they work is very, very different than the way we work,” Sanders said. “We did not have a committee deciding what kind of jokes I would be telling. In fact, we usually had me scrambling to write my speech on a yellow piece of paper, which I finished three minutes before I would go up there. So, you know, they were much more prepared and much better organized and careful about what they were saying or not saying. … The way they do politics is very different.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...d-surely-be-some-unkind-things-about-clinton/

Think I'm going to try to do in-person absentee tomorrow in Loudoun County, VA. The site is a couple minutes from my house at a retirement center, so, that'll be interesting.

While we wait, I note RealRealDonaldTrump has not posted for days. Either they took away his phone, he got an iPhone, or the bot's busted.

I'm thinking they took it away.

Bernie turned out to be a good team player in the end. I was sort of worried after his tepid endorsement of Hillary instead of a fully fledged one. Pretty sure that budget committee chairman position is sounding very enticing right about now.

James O'Keefe ‏@JamesOKeefeIII 44s44 seconds ago
This is bizarre. @YouTube is not processing / uploading our Part III! What is going on??

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom