• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/787076530832830464

Dear Leader will put away the people that speak poorly of Dear Leader.

Trevor Noah was on to something.

151002105839-trevor-noah-donald-trump-president-large-169.jpg

Maengun1

538 has published 3 articles in the last week-ish about different ways electoral deadlock will possibly lead to a Trump victory. THREE!

What if Gary Johnson wins New Mexico??? Ahhhh Trump wins
What if McMuffin wins Utah??? Ahhh Trump wins
What if Trump wins literally every swing state and New Hampshire (But Hillary still wins ME-2 in this scenario lol -_-) Ahhhhhh Trump wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone needs to lock Nate Silver in a room without internet access for the next 4 weeks seriously.

jonjonaug

538 has published 3 articles in the last week-ish about different ways electoral deadlock will possibly lead to a Trump victory. THREE!

What if Trump wins literally every swing state and New Hampshire (But Hillary still wins ME-2 in this scenario lol -_-) Ahhhhhh Trump wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone needs to lock Nate Silver in a room without internet access for the next 4 weeks seriously.

Gotta get people to click more than one thing on the site somehow.

Zukkoyaki

Need as many clicks as possible!

It's going to be something when ESPN shuts them down anyway :p

mackaveli

Oh I didn't know the actress / model from the Access Hollywood is Nicole Walker from Days of our lives. I use to watch that show everyday back in the day. Had no idea.

As a Belgian, this election season I have seen how the national media, as outsiders, can drop the bal. Hard.. They're all just touting how this election season is the dirtiest ever, how the debates are a disgrace, how both candidates are playing dirty, ... And as a result, all my friends are depressed about the whole thing. Every aspect of it. Both Trump and Hillary. They're both tainted. And they're telling me: "why do American have to chose between two terrible candidates?".

When first I ask them what's so bad about Trump, they go on a rant about all the terrible stuff he has said and done. When I ask them about Hillary, they're drawing a blank. They don't even mention the emails or Benghazi stuff, because they're not really informed about it. Yet, this election is "terrible", and both candidates are "horrible".

It's such a shame that just because Hillary is obligated to enter the ring of a mud slinging contest, she is deemed an active participant, and equal to her opponent flinging dirt and shit all over the place.

Some of them are actually entertaining the idea that a Trump presidency is the prefered outcome, because all of the outrageous and funny shit that would come with it.

Off course they'd all vote for Hillary given the choice. But still: it's sad how minds have been made up about both candidates. I hope if/when Hillary is elected, people are surprised by her competence and they forget about the shitstains she's obtainted by participating in this election season.

Remember when Hillary's account tweeted "Delete your account." and everyone in the media was like 'why are our candidates acting like children' and how she was just as bad as the man who went through twitter feuds, late night tweeting sprees, retweeting neo-nazis and white supremacists and calls/called his opponents "crooked Hillary" & "lyin' Ted".

I can't wait for all of the insane things Trump is gonna say in the months after the election.

So many people are gonna be like "Nah, I never voted for or supported him. Nope, not me!"

Trump supporters gonna be burying their MAGA hats in the backyard.

Syncytia

For the past few hours this guy has been live tweeting the Trump rally.

https://twitter.com/jysexton

It's crazy. Check it out.

Heres a sample:
Protestor kicked out, group talking about wanting to drag him behind their truck

Jesus. All of these are crazy. And the GOP will want to sweep this all under the rug and pretend it never happened. There needs to be many books and documentaries about Trump and his voter base.

Diablos

I can't believe this is real life. This whole election. It's just surreal. More women coming forward. More crazy stuff Trump spews from his mouth on the campaign trail. It doesn't end.

Like, I'm amazed that Trump and people on his campaign can still lie to everyone with a straight face.

It's exhausting.

HylianTom

Banned
I wonder how effective a "Trump's going to lose anyway; you might as well vote your conscience" message would work for McMuffin in Utah.

It'd be neat to see a state go Yellow.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
McMuffinmentum (in Idaho)

CuxaWJRWEAACBr2.jpg
Funny. Split that vote across Trump, McMuffin and Johnson, and we'll still be deep goddamn red. We went too hard for Bernie to ever get together for Clinton.

On a related note, my wife's catering company made food for Monica Lewinsky's speech tonight here in Boise.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait for all of the insane things Trump is gonna say in the months after the election.

So many people are gonna be like "Nah, I never voted for or supported him. Nope, not me!"

Either he's going to create an ongoing split in the republican party, or he's going to be completely abandoned and left with nothing but a severely damaged brand and ego.

There's positives to both outcomes, unless the republican split sparks violence or a replacement of Paul Ryan with someone that's all the way nuts.

Funny. Split that vote across Trump, McMuffin and Johnson, and we'll still be deep goddamn red. We went too hard for Bernie to ever get together for Clinton.

On a related note, my wife's catering company made food for Monica Lewinsky's speech tonight here in Boise.

I heard that was happening on the radio this morning.

Trump got his first newspaper endorsement. Looks like it's from the Santa Barbara News Press. The endorsement is behind a paywall. But here it is.

Our endorsements:
For President: Donald J. Trump

Pulitzer now or later?

People on FB are all like "vote for the only good candidate, Gary Johnson" or "I will vote for Jill Stein because I am a fucking moron" meanwhile a McDonald's breakfast item will be the only one that wins any electoral votes.

Bowdz

I think the biggest long term L that the GOP is going to take in total is how they, the party of national security, the party that defeated the Russians, were totally cool with a candidate of their party being supportive of and in cahoots with the Russian government.

I will proudly wield that L around anytime the GOP starts spouting off about how weak Democrats are on foreign policy. The possible FBI/DOJ investigation and subsequent details into that will be fascinating to hear.

Either he's going to create an ongoing split in the republican party, or he's going to be completely abandoned and left with nothing but a severely damaged brand and ego.

There's positives to both outcomes, unless the republican split sparks violence or a replacement of Paul Ryan with someone that's all the way nuts.
The GOP will live, and there won't be any sort of official split. Trump's supporters will be easy to grab the attention of in the future with some casual racism and token statements and policies. Since Democrats are never ever going to say anything that gets their attention there's only one party they'd ever vote for. Also, keep in mind that the establishment end controls 90% of the power and money. They just happened to be idiots and let Trump slip in this year. It'll be normal obstructionist business as usual starting next year, pretending that this never happened.
McMuffinmentum (in Idaho)
Someone cut that man's PAC a massive check to pay for the nonstop schedule I want him to have in UT and AZ the next 3 weeks.
Play Driveclub, let your vomit propel you into orbit.
If you treat it like actual driving, as in no slamming into walls and crashing, you'll be fine. Also, start with the slow cars and some open time trials to get used to it. Random tips! If you're crashing, close your eyes until the car settles. Do drift events from the chase cam. Don't bother trying to check for the HUD at the edges of the screen. Turn ghosts off. Corner flags on (they're off by default for unknown reasons). Turn and look deep into the corners as they come, the same way you'd do in real life driving. But seriously start in the slower cars.

“It’s going to be the springboard, as a big city, to move to other areas, to liberate other areas from the terrorists. This is the importance of Aleppo now,” Assad said.

“You have to keep cleaning this area and to push the terrorists to Turkey to go back to where they come from, or to kill them. There’s no other option. But Aleppo is going to be a very important springboard to do this move.”

Rescue workers have said that Syria’s military backed by Russian warplanes killed more than 150 people in eastern Aleppo this week, in support of its offensive against the city. Air strikes killed 13 people on Thursday in the rebel-held Aleppo districts of al-Kalaseh, Bustan al-Qasr and al-Sakhour, according to a civil defence official.

I mean, he didn't call them vermin so there's that.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ssad-amid-outcry-over-bloody-siege?CMP=twt_gu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom