• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other candidate is really bad. Also Kamala won the primary quite decisively. Kamala is like potential presidential candidate-level rising star. Someone to watch for in 2024.

Ugh, this means that Garcetti will probably give up the Mayor's seat and run for Senate. No!

Random question:

Where are European countries on gay marriage these days? Beyond whether they allow it or not, which ones are more anti-gay marriage than others etc. I was reading the death penalty thread and was thinking about how sad it is we are still a capital punishment country (I know states differ on this).

Most of Western Europe is on board, Central Europe recognizes some form of it. Eastern Europe doesn't have any legal protections aside from a few countries. Russia is, well, Russia.

Oh my.

@gdebenedetti
Even more Team HRC cheering of early vote #s: they note there's been a *99%* increase in Latino voting in FL compared to this point in '12

@gdebenedetti
And in Arizona, notes the Clinton camp, Democrats lead Republicans by ~1,000 ballots cast, compared to ~20,000 DEFICIT at this point in '12.

wave-01.jpg

Trump talking about how we can't beat ISIS while we're crushing ISIS is kind of weird if you live in reality.

"LOCK HER UP." chant goes on for 30 seconds at extremely high volume because these people should be on a watchlist.

Trump claiming that he will put James Comey in prison has to make some Republican officials nervous, right?

thebloo

Random question:

Where are European countries on gay marriage these days? Beyond whether they allow it or not, which ones are more anti-gay marriage than others etc. I was reading the death penalty thread and was thinking about how sad it is we are still a capital punishment country (I know states differ on this).

Updated.

600px-Same-sex_marriage_map_Europe_detailed.svg.png

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
she'd be 60 by the time Hillary finishes her 2nd term.
And? I'm not sure how that shuts her out of having a future either just in the Senate or potentially still in the White House.

Kamala began running in January 2015? What the fuuuuck this country is nuts
Eh, that's because the future vacancy was announced so early and everyone started maneuvering for the position. There's no good to come from letting everyone else stake their claims while you wait for a more time-appropriate moment to announce.

"Now bleaching, nobody ever heard of.....sophisticated people in that world...and the reason, it's so expensive to do it. So not only did they delete them, they bleached them."

I just can't even

Teggy

I do wonder if that at this point that Trump makes up so many outlandish lies (such as bleaching emails) that most people just ignore him, save the people who think he can do no wrong.

Slacker

I do wonder if that at this point that Trump makes up so many outlandish lies (such as bleaching emails) that most people just ignore him, save the people who think he can do no wrong.

He's preaching to the choir at this point. He could say Clinton is a secret lizard person (#lizardtruth) and they would buy it. He's not reaching anyone new, however.

Ty4on

Random question:

I feel it varies a lot. I'm Norwegian and while I don't follow the news much it really seems like a non-issue. Gay marriage was legalized in 2009 and really only the small Christian party (KrF) oppose it. It seems to be the same in a lot of other countries like the Netherlands which was the first to legalize it in 2000.

Then you have more religious countries like Italy which hasn't got gay marriage yet and I think some eastern countries are behind with the rise of populism. Hungary has a constitutional ban on gay marriage.

so is anyone else expecting the GOTV margin to be a bit wider than 3% based off shit like this?
It's even funnier.

So, a live person is doing calls for GOTV for Trump. When they do the call, they ask if you're willing to volunteer. If you say yes, they tell you to call another phone number. That number isn't manned, and is, in fact, an automated phone line.

THIS IS NOT HOW YOU DO IT

Slurmer

Banned
If hilary is leading by 7 points nationally right now and she is still leading by that much on november 8th I don't think trump iwll win Arizona.

There's something like 150k more Republican voters than Democratic voters in Arizona. I'd be surprised, but I guess we'll see.

Ugh, this means that Garcetti will probably give up the Mayor's seat and run for Senate. No!

Well, imagining a D 2024 scenario, at the very least I could see her as strong Veep material, or cabinet position, so that seat could be opening up pretty quickly yeah.

Garcetti feels more like Governor would be his next step to me, either way. I dunno.

NeoXChaos

jAZVr.png

CviaziyUIAAmECn.jpg

I figure the map would look like that before 10:00 EST when NV closes along with CA, WA, OR etc. She would need GA to be called by then for that scenario to happen.

Slacker

> Says the media is contemptuous of people who don't share their elitist views
> Lives in building made of solid gold

lol Trump is going to amend the Constitution during his first 100 days in office. Yes that's how it works folks!

woof

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...mocrats-will-fight-it/?utm_term=.2b4a1331f643

Republicans scrambling to salvage control of Congress amid Donald Trump’s downward tailspin have hit on a new message: A GOP-controlled House and Senate are necessary to act as a check on President Hillary Clinton. The message basically argues for divided government as a way to prevent her from going too far, in effect admitting that the presidential race is a goner.

But Democrats insist that this message will be a non-starter, and they shared new internal polling with this blog that they argue backs up their claim. Dems say they can rebut the Republicans’ line of attack by pointing out that they are openly, explicitly promising more obstruction in Washington, something swing voters and independents despise.

The New York Times reports today that the Congressional Leadership Fund, a Super PAC trying to maintain GOP control of the House, will begin airing ads in multiple districts attacking the Dem candidates as “rubber stamps” for incoming President Clinton, as a way to argue that voters should back GOP incumbents. The group’s president says: “In many districts, it is a very, very potent weapon to use against a Democratic candidate for Congress.” Two other GOP-aligned groups are pushing similar messages in multiple Senate races.

But House Democratic strategists tell me they’ve tested their own responses to these messages in over two dozen competitive House districts, and they are not persuaded that Republicans will win this argument.

The Dem firms Garin Hart Yang and Global Strategy Group conducted a poll in mid-September in 30 contested House districts, and here is the key finding:

If it looks like Hillary Clinton is going to win, would you prefer to elect a Democrat to Congress who will work with Hillary Clinton to help her get things done, or a Republican for Congress who would oppose Hillary Clinton’s programs and try to block her from getting anything done?

Prefer to elect the Democrat: 50

Prefer to elect the Republican: 40

The poll, which was conducted for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, surveyed over 1,000 likely voters in the 30 contested districts. It also found that 66 percent of respondents expect Republicans to try to block Clinton even if it means more gridlock and inaction in Washington, while only 23 percent think they will work constructively with Clinton, meaning they’re prepared to believe GOP control means more obstruction.

Now, you should always treat internal polling with skepticism. But this provides hints as to how Democrats view the strategic challenge this new Republican argument presents.

Vestal

Ze4Oe.png

CviaziyUIAAmECn.jpg

I figure the map would look like that before 10:00 EST when NV closes along with CA, WA, OR etc. She would need, GA or AZ most likely to be called by then for that scenario to happen.

Even without Ohio or FL the race is already over in that map.

217 EC... Aka California finishes it off.. Nothing else needed.

Teggy

Ze4Oe.png

CviaziyUIAAmECn.jpg

I figure the map would look like that before 10:00 EST when NV closes along with CA, WA, OR etc. She would need, GA or AZ most likely to be called by then for that scenario to happen.

I thought it was agreed after 2000 that no network would call the election until polls were closed in California. People could do the math themselves, but the networks aren't supposed to call it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Even without Ohio or FL the race is already over in that map.

217 EC... Aka California finishes it off.. Nothing else needed.

That's the point. Read the caption. In that scenario, the presidential race would be called before precincts even close in Nevada. Hurting the GOP's chances in the Senate race there.

Just cast my vote today here in Massachusetts. I obviously voted for Clinton/Kaine and I voted no to more Charter schools, my brother owes me for voting yes to question 4.

I thought it was agreed after 2000 that no network would call the election until polls were closed in California. People could do the math themselves, but the networks aren't supposed to call it.
They won't call the election until the last polls close, but you can know it's over. That happened in 2008. at 9:23 we knew it was over. (Ohio was called).

However, I doubt Florida or Ohio will be called by 11. Florida they like to hold onto for a while for obvious reasons. I mean, unless she has a huge blow out....which I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom