• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

I thought it was agreed after 2000 that no network would call the election until polls were closed in California. People could do the math themselves, but the networks aren't supposed to call it.

Iowa closes the same time as Nevada so I made a correction there. She'd need GA called for her by then to theoretically reach 270 by 10:00 EST provided every other important race by then is called for her.

I assume however the networks will intentionally hold back certain state calls so she won't be over 270 by 11:00 EST if my scenario played out like in 2008.

They won't call the election until the last polls close, but you can know it's over. That happened in 2008. at 9:23 we knew it was over. (Ohio was called).

However, I doubt Florida or Ohio will be called by 11. Florida they like to hold onto for a while for obvious reasons. I mean, unless she has a huge blow out....which I doubt it.

This is my thoughts as well.

But if she's going to win Florida by any large margin and it is called early enough, it could affect us western states.

I'm think GOPers in Cali are in a dangerous spot. The state is overwhelmingly against them and if Trump loss is obvious I think the GOP is going to be really depressed. And with weed and prescription drugs on the ballot, Democrat turnout will still be high. Issa, you're going down! I can feel it!

edit: If Fla is called, the election is effectively over. Every GOPer will know it is over. She doesn't need 270.

Slacker

I bet I could give this Trump rally speech by heart. Same topics, same words every time. I understand having a stump speech but it's identical.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I thought it was agreed after 2000 that no network would call the election until polls were closed in California. People could do the math themselves, but the networks aren't supposed to call it.

I thought they could call it as soon as one candidate is projected to get over 270. Usually, you need the western states to do that, so you don't call it until then. If Clinton manages 270 early enough, I don't see why they would wait.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I thought they could call it as soon as one candidate is projected to get over 270. Usually, you need the western states to do that, so you don't call it until then. If Clinton manages 270 early enough, I don't see why they would wait.

It would be bad form to call a race before everybody gets a chance to vote. The networks would face accusations that they would be affecting how people vote.

Slacker

On to the immigrant fear mongering portion of the speech. Thousands killed by illegals! Hillary will open the borders! NOOOOOOOOo

Breads

Banned
On to the immigrant fear mongering portion of the speech. Thousands killed by illegals! Hillary will open the borders! NOOOOOOOOo

What is the alleged endgame that they're trying to stop? Do they really think that Hillary Cli'ton wants to open the gates to immigrants solely for the purpose of murdering US citizens?

Well, I got fake registrations for the children. I'm going to let them commit the fraud. Who is going to send a 5 year old to prison!?

That's not how you do it

1058857.jpg

CNN has Clinton +5

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Would Hillary losses in Iowa and Ohio signal they're going the way of Missouri? North Carolina, Florida and Nevada seem to have demographic changes more advantageous for Democrats so they should remain competitive past this election. Ohio isn't diversifying and I'm not certain about Iowa.

I'm already starting to think about what the results of this election will mean for the future. There's no way of knowing if current trends, like college-educated whites voting more Democratic and non-college educated whites voting more Republican, will continue into 2020, but with two polarizing candidates (one of which is flat out awful) I think we will learn the status of each state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom