• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
So Kornacki just fucking dragged her through the mud on that absolute bullshit story she cooked up and all she could say was "let the people decide" and then deflects completely into something unrelated when he pushes her on it. She is so bad at this.

It's more like, she can't do the impossible.

NeoXChaos

Kyle Kondik ‏@kkondik 1m1 minute ago
16. Anyway, tweetstorm concluded.

Kyle Kondik ‏@kkondik 2m2 minutes ago
15. Maybe that backlash would actually open up some of those Deep South/Appalachian seats, like in 06-08. But not this year w/ Trump

Kyle Kondik ‏@kkondik 2m2 minutes ago
14. Answer is, probably during a backlash year against an R president, or at least that's what history suggests

Kyle Kondik ‏@kkondik 3m3 minutes ago
13. The good thing for Ds is that Trump is a bad fit for many of these districts. But if they can't win them now, when can they?

Kyle Kondik ‏@kkondik 4m4 minutes ago
12. it'd be so much cheaper if the DCCC could just swoop in and buy an Arkansas or WV seat. But they can't anymore

Kyle Kondik ‏@kkondik 5m5 minutes ago
11. Key Dem targets include seats in NoVa (VA-10), Philly (PA-8), Twin Cities (MN-2, MN-3). These can be pricey places to advertise

Kyle Kondik ‏@kkondik 5m5 minutes ago
10. The added challenge to competing for those seats, though, is that many are covered by big, expensive media markets

Kyle Kondik ‏@kkondik 6m6 minutes ago
9. We see that in Dem targets this time - they are going for suburban, educated seats where Trump likely will do poorly

Kyle Kondik ‏@kkondik 6m6 minutes ago
8. The next Dem House majority will be built on strong Dem urban seats as well as suburban swing seats.

Kyle Kondik ‏@kkondik 7m7 minutes ago
7. Those Deep South/Appalachian districts are now gone. Dems came close to winning a couple (WV-2) in 2014. But uncompetitive this year

Kyle Kondik ‏@kkondik 8m8 minutes ago
6. In addition to often not being competitive, these districts are generally covered by inexpensive media markets

Kyle Kondik ‏@kkondik 9m9 minutes ago
5. Just as a small example, before 2010 Dems held 3/4 seats in Arkansas and 2/3 in West Virginia

Kyle Kondik ‏@kkondik 9m9 minutes ago
4. But another one is this - Democrats used to be able to rely on a base of conservative, blue dog Appalachian/Deep South districts

Kyle Kondik ‏@kkondik 10m10 minutes ago
3. Those include GOP control of redistricting in many states and also the poor distribution of Democrats across the country

Kyle Kondik ‏@kkondik 11m11 minutes ago
2. There are lots of built-in challenges for Democrats in the House that have been explained over and over again

bummer.

Chumley

Banned
omg Kornacki pressing her on the secret tape is amazing and all she fucking says is some shit about his speeches. She cannot defend a damn thing so instead whines about the media.

How about they just deliver a written speech to the news outlets and have them ignore anything he actually says?

Trump would honestly be doing better if he gave less speeches. If Trump had just give a set of boring speeches and snoozed his way through the debate he might have a chance. His ego wouldn't let him do that though because he's only in this for the attention.

smurfx

get some go again
Nah, people actually dressed up as Donald Duck.

636071204298972583-EPA-USA-NEW-YORK-TRUMP-TAX-PROTEST.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...duck-costumes-stalking-donald-trump/88983760/
lol i remember this story! i thought this donald duck thing was some random thing but this brought it back. still funny that they think this will do anything to hillary.

thebloo

omg Kornacki pressing her on the secret tape is amazing and all she fucking says is some shit about his speeches. She cannot defend a damn thing so instead whines about the media.

"Maybe they showed him a tape, how the fuck do you expect me to keep up, Steve?"

Like I said, the SNL skit came to life.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Wait, why are Trump supporters literally Hiding?

It's just more projecting. It's more likely Hillary supporters are hiding considering the vitriol they get if being public about their support.

I never thought it would be Steve Kornacki who would drag the fuck out of the beautiful and talented Kellyanne Conway.

I'd like to do a GoFundMe to get him a pair of pants that fit.

watch any mcmuffin video from the last two weeks and down your booze when he says

"all men and women are created equal"

and

"we have the right to pursue happiness"

You are now borderline alcoholic you're welcome

Dude's been fed through a talking point machine, it's weird.

It's just more projecting. It's more likely Hillary supporters are hiding considering the vitriol they get if being public about their support.

Absolutely.

This secret Trump vote scenario is absurd. Trump voters are angry- grievances are central to the campaign- and they want people to know it.

Clinton voters, however, aren't motivated by anger or grievance, therefore are less likely to engage with others about their politics unless necessary.

Suikoguy

This election will be studied for years in terms political ground game. Not only is Trump's ground game absolutely miserable, he's been whining about how the vote is rigged making things even worse.

I don't think the difference in ground game is being measured in polls as much as it will affect the actual voting.

If the polling averages are dead on, then perhaps we overestimate 'the ground game'?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The constant douchery of Scott Adams throughout this election has made me decide not to buy a Dilbert calendar next year.

studyguy

Trump's ground game summed up:

4644.jpg

Yet these hidden voterblocks will manifest on election day to cast millions of ballots to usher him into presidency?
Okay breh, good luck with that.

Slacker

I see a little of the shy Trump voter around my circle of friends. I have a number of friends who are only marginally informed in regards to politics and typically just vote straight R because they're Christians and Republican is the Christian party thanks to abortion. I have no doubt that they're voting for Trump but they're sure not putting up signs in their yards and bragging about it.

That said, I'm pretty sure if a pollster asked them who they were voting for they'd tell the truth.

Telegraph says it uncovered Trump foreign fundraising scandal using undercover reporters.

Exclusive investigation: Donald Trump faces foreign donor fundraising scandal
Donald Trump’s presidential campaign is facing a fundraising scandal after a Telegraph investigation exposed how key supporters were prepared to accept illicit donations from foreign backers.

Senior figures involved with the Great America PAC, one of the leading "independent" groups organising television advertisements and grassroots support for the Republican nominee, sought to channel $2 million from a Chinese donor into the campaign to elect the billionaire despite laws prohibiting donations from foreigners.

In return, undercover reporters purporting to represent the fictitious donor were assured that he would obtain “influence” if Mr Trump made it to the White House.
Hillary PACs dodged a bullet
Undercover reporters posing as consultants acting for a Chinese benefactor approached specific pro-Trump and pro-Clinton fundraisers and groups after receiving information that individuals were involved in hiding foreign donations.

Sources also said PACs, “independent” organisations that can raise unlimited sums of money to lobby for or against particular candidates, were being used to circumvent rules.

The pro-Clinton organisations did not respond to initial approaches. But earlier this month an undercover reporter spoke by telephone to Eric Beach, co-chairman of the pro-Trump Great America PAC, which has the backing of Rudy Giuliani, one of Mr Trump’s most senior advisers, as well as the billionaire's son Eric.

Teggy

I see a little of the shy Trump voter around my circle of friends. I have a number of friends who are only marginally informed in regards to politics and typically just vote straight R because they're Christians and Republican is the Christian party thanks to abortion. I have no doubt that they're voting for Trump but they're sure not putting up signs in their yards and bragging about it.

That said, I'm pretty sure if a pollster asked them who they were voting for they'd tell the truth.

I mean, there have also been reports of women lying to their husbands about who they will be voting for. I don't think there is going to be huge tilt one way or the other for "shy" voters.

Maybe the Trump Super Pac corruption story isn't going to be as big of a story as I had hoped. The OT thread dropped off the map almost immediately.

Bummer, we need a massive Super Pac scandal, especially with a Republican presidential candidate to spark any chance of serious Republican support for campaign finance reform. You'd think being caught on tape soliciting massive sums of money from a Chinese donor and promising Trump "credit" for the donation would be enough.

The theory of the shy Trump voter falls apart when you think about the reverse should be true.
Yeah. I can imagine the universe where some rural, small town members of say, the church community or the PTA might be keeping their cards closer to their chest than when they more openly supported Bush or Romney, maybe even Cruz in the primaries. Because they're thinking of going for Clinton.

What strong D constituency is Trump siphoning voters from "secretly"? Inner city blacks? Border state Hispanics? Or do they mean people who usually vote Republican? Because how does that help? McCain and Romney lost.

thebloo

I don't think her debate performances can be undersold here. The debates converted about 3/4 of the bernie bros/sisters into "I'm with Her"

Oh, I'm not. I think she and her team ran a very very good campaign with close to no mistakes.

I mean, their biggest "mistake" is laying low in August? Which helped raise the money that they're spending now and also let Trump define himself.

If there's gonna be a book about the campaign, I'm buying it.

Current update on Trump rally: rigged rigged rigged emails emails emails.

Crowd sounds seriously dangerous.

I say we let Trump keep campaigning after the election, holding rallies every day. They're already in la-la land, opposite reality world anyway. This way, he'll keep the deplorables busy so they're not rampaging around cities after the "rigged" election. As far as they're concerned, he still has a chance to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom