• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damaniel

Banned

I actually want to see McMuffin win Utah more than I want to see Hillary win it:

• She doesn't need it
  • Trump losing a super-red state to a nobody would be an embarrassment to the GOP
  • A no-name third party candidate with nearly zero budget getting electoral votes instead of Gary Johnson or Jill Stein would be icing on the cake
Go McMuffin go!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I actually want to see McMuffin win Utah more than I want to see Hillary win it:

• She doesn't need it
  • Trump losing a super-red state to a nobody would be an embarrassment to the GOP
  • A no-name third party candidate with nearly zero budget getting electoral votes instead of Gary Johnson or Jill Stein would be icing on the cake
Go McMuffin go!

I'd laugh for years if Egg McMuffin took it.

Boris Ephystein just compared the Clinton campaign to the mob. TrumpTV is totally happening.

lol even Kellyanne Conway is even laughing at the Donald Duck shit.

I guess Boris got tired of getting his shit knocked in on the real news.

kirblar

You have to make them believe that you are willing to get rid of the filibuster, which probably means you actually have to be willing to get rid of the filibuster. But I agree with Cesare--optimally a very real threat of nuking the filibuster will be enough to get the nominees passed, and for as long as they believe it, it's as good as not having one for sane things like SC nominees.

But the threat has to be enforced if a bluff is called, or if the GOP has decided to accept that no filibuster is a better option that they can take advantage of in the future.
This is about more than nominees, it's about being able to pass legislation, period.

It's remarkable that the existence of Fox News is not hardcore enough to satisfy people's desire of a 100% pure echo chamber so things like Breitbart and Trump TV now exist.

Boke1879

The media won't but they really should stop covering Trump as much as they do after this shit. It is PAINFULLY obvious the direction he is going. They aren't confident they will win and he's testing the waters with some livestream bullshit.

I wonder if they'll call this shit out and at least insinuate to the viewers that this seems like the play for Trump.

kevin1025

Banned
Wait trumptv is real?

It's a Facebook livestream with troubling video quality, almost no sound quality, Skype call noises, and comparing Clinton's campaign to the mob.

And now comes the duck story. And Tomi is saying it with disgust, so it must be true.

#MAGA

chadskin

Someone from the RNC?

image.png

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
In 2020 Texas will be more Republican than this year, probably by a good margin.
You're probably right: even if demographically Texas is improving for Democrats, Republicans have historically done better with Hispanics than the country as a whole in the state and a 2020 candidate most assuredly cannot be less appealing for the group as Donald Trump. Now, that's assuming Trump is mostly doing ~7% worse than he should be because of Hispanics, but I think that's a reasonable assumption.

I find Texas hard to peg because the population is growing so rapidly: it was responsible for >18% of population growth from 2010-2015, while being <9% of the total population.

Crocodile

The media won't but they really should stop covering Trump as much as they do after this shit. It is PAINFULLY obvious the direction he is going. They aren't confident they will win and he's testing the waters with some livestream bullshit.

I wonder if they'll call this shit out and at least insinuate to the viewers that this seems like the play for Trump.

Funny enough, Morning Joe went into this exact topic this morning.
Many of the people on the panel agree with you.

You're probably right: even if demographically Texas is improving for Democrats, Republicans have historically done better with Hispanics than the country as a whole and a 2020 candidate most assuredly cannot be less appeal for the group as Donald Trump. Now, that's assuming Trump is mostly doing ~7% worse than he should be because of Hispanics, but I think that's a reasonable assumption.

I find Texas hard to peg because the population is growing so rapidly: it was responsible for >18% of population growth from 2010-2015, while being <9% of the total population.

Texas also has a lot of educated suburban voters that typically trend heavily Republican, Trump is weak there where a different candidate won't be. There's also the part where a 2020 race is almost certainly going to be more competitive overall and not have Hillary up by margins this large nationally.

Here's the cohost of Trump's new Facebook show:

TOMI LAHREN: You know, sometimes we look at patterns and we look at things that are happening and sometimes you can’t dismiss everything as a conspiracy.

JAMIE WEINSTEIN: So to be specific, you mean Vince Foster in the 90s, you think? Are these the types of people?

LAHREN: The list — I will let your listeners go on and look at some of these examples and they can decide for themselves. But there’s been some mysterious circumstances that have surrounded — we just saw, what with the DNC leaks and then what happened to a person that worked for the DNC that was in charge of that?

WEINSTEIN: His family said that they don’t suspect anything.

LAHREN: Well, his family doesn’t want to be in a body bag either, Jamie. I have got to be honest with you. What was it, he came in and was robbed, but his wallet and his watch weren’t taken? So he was robbed and what was he—

WEINSTEIN: You think he might have been killed by the Clintons?

LAHREN: I don’t know if he was killed by the Clintons or a Clinton hit person. I’m not going to sit here and be what you want me to be which is a conspiracy theorist, but I will say —

WEINSTEIN: I’m not. I’m just asking you questions.

LAHREN: I think there are a lot of circumstances that surround the Clinton family that aren’t explainable and I will let people go on and research it for themselves. And if they think there is something fishy going on, leave it to them. I certainly do.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

http://www.businessinsider.com/tomi-lahren-trump-tv-clintons-2016-10

Hot Take: The only rigged poll out right now is the new CNN poll showing the same 5 point margin, so that CNN can talk about how the race is still the same, therefore, still a horserace .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom