• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't buy Johnson would be up that much in the South, and this is a pretty new firm. I refuse to believe until election night!

Is Ralston going to give us hourly updates on the nevada ballots till Nov 8th?

Reid built it with his bare goddamn hands

I think he's doing 11am, 3pm, and 6pm updates. So yes. As is his wont.

Teggy

Also big increase in Harris County TX

After more than 18 months of intensive election coverage, early voting kicked off in Harris County on Monday with long lines at some polling locations.

As polls closed at 6 p.m., more than 63,000 people had turned out for the first day of early voting, shattering the previous record of 47,093 set on day one of early voting in 2012.

Yeah it was pretty busy today. People seem to be pretty pumped up. I'm not sure the metro areas will be enough to take out Trump but I'm convinced it's going to be too close to call when the polls close which would be hilarious.

Emarv

The Trump supporters look so depressed on CNN tonight. Like they know it's over lol.

Can you imagine how sad they're gonna look in the final days before the election. Boris, Kayleigh, Andre, Lord will all understand the defeat and sound really apocalyptic about America's future.

All alone, Scottie Hughes will stand up on election night believing so deeply that Trump will win. The last Trumpeteer.

Just glancing around it's insane how big of a voting day today was. Remember when people thought this election would have low turnout? I think we're in for a MASSIVE Nov 8th in many places.

Can you imagine how sad they're gonna look in the final days before the election. Boris, Kayleigh, Andre, Lord will all understand the defeat and sound really apocalyptic about America's future.
Final days maybe. But after the election results, Kellyanne, Lord and Bauer will go to a secret bar and pop off bottles of champagne on earning millions of bucks and celebrating that the nightmare is finally over. They will sit and curse Trump's ass off and reminisce about their craziest "shit trump said" moments they had to face in media.

Kayleigh and Scottie however will be crying bitter, bitter tears.

The more lucid operatives in the RNC are fighting off tears now that they realize Trump is poised to not only risk their Legislative majorities, but extend the consent decree with the DOJ/Dems against "ballot security" schemes that is slated to expire next year.

Burn that house down, Trumpie!

https://www.brennancenter.org/legal-work/dnc-v-rnc-consent-decree

IMG_20161024_214121.jpg

Zeke

Add 2 votes for Hillary in Texas (San Antonio)! Wife and I voted this afternoon. Pretty good showing at the early voting station. All in all we waited for about an hour to vote. I've never had to wait that long during early voting so it was really encouraging to see so many people show up.

Sociologist who study voting patterns have found that your first two presidential votes at younger ages, tends to highly correlate with which party you vote with as an adult. It's been described as a partisan 'stickiness'.

Keep that in mind when you examine these statistics, and realize that Latinx voters are the fastest growing demographic in the nation.

View of GOP outreach to Latinos at lowest point we've ever measured - 49% now say GOP is hostile to Latinos, 13% say doing good https://t.co/QkuKtQbZGw

IMG_20161024_215607.jpg

Retro

The more lucid operatives in the RNC are fighting off tears now that they realize Trump is poised to not only risk their Legislative majorities, but extend the consent decree with the DOJ/Dems against "ballot security" schemes that is slated to expire next year.

Best, unspoken part of this whole thing; "Trump! Stop! We desperately need to be able to freely intimidate minorities again and you are ruining everything !"

Edit: Fuck that rat-eating spider, seriously. I realize I just posted a 150mb GIF a few pages back so this is a little pot-meets-kettle, but that was about bandwidth and this is about nightmares.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
How is Murphy done? I thought there weren't many ticket splitters and Hilary had a good margin. (Disclaimer: Haven't been paying too much attention to Florida)

In early Utah turnout, a third more Democrats than expected have voted
About a third more Utah Democrats have voted so far than normally would be expected in early turnout for by-mail voting — while fewer-than-predicted Republicans are casting ballots.

"That shows us there is an excitement amongst Democrats," Utah Republican Party Chairman James Evans concedes, while "there is a frustration level amongst Republicans" with Donald Trump atop their ticket.

He says the situation is giving the Utah GOP some heartburn over how that will affect other state and local races.

So Evans is glad that, several months ago, his party decided to skip its normal Plan A or even Plan B about how to get out the vote and went straight to a "Plan T" developed just for this unusual presidential election year.

Chumley

Banned
Final days maybe. But after the election results, Kellyanne, Lord and Bauer will go to a secret bar and pop off bottles of champagne on earning millions of bucks and celebrating that the nightmare is finally over. They will sit and curse Trump's ass off and reminisce about their craziest "shit trump said" moments they had to face in media.

Kayleigh and Scottie however will be crying bitter, bitter tears.

You don't think Lord is one of the true believers? Conway is for sure celebrating but Lord has always seemed all in on the Trump juice, doing the most fucking insane mental gymnastics of any of the surrogates purely because his IQ isn't at rock bottom like Boris or Pierson.

Boke1879

You don't think Lord is one of the true believers? Conway is for sure celebrating but Lord has always seemed all in on the Trump juice, doing the most fucking insane mental gymnastics of any of the surrogates purely because his IQ isn't at rock bottom like Boris or Pierson.

Lord isn't a true believer. You can look at him and tell he's spewing bs for a paycheck.

How is Murphy done? I thought there weren't many ticket splitters and Hilary had a good margin. (Disclaimer: Haven't been paying too much attention to Florida)

He's not. Might be tough, but it's winnable.

Florida Cubans will do some ticket splitting for Rubio. Even though Hillary has a good margin in polls, this spoils things a bit.

The potential bright side: since 2012 nearly as many Puerto Ricans arrived in Florida as there are Cubans total. These are unlikely to show up as likely voters for a number of reasons in polls, but actual Latino participation in FL via early voting is WAY up. Someone said double 2012 numbers, but I haven't seen the data myself.

Edit: yep. Daily beast has an article. Latino early voting is up 99%. If that holds Rubio is screwed.

These are very unlikely to be Cubans turning out for Rubio.

Miles X

So I read that over 200 million Americans are registered to vote, vs 146m in 2012 (of which 126m went out and actually voted)

This is pretty amazing no? We should expect 180m~ votes?

Most of the new registered voters are democrats as well!

Bowdz

Someone can correct me, but IIRC, Rubio is running far ahead of Trump with Cuban's in Florida meaning there are a decent number of people who are ticket splitting. If Hillary blows Trump out in Florida by 6-8% it's possible for Murphy to be dragged across the line, but with the current polling margins, it's unlikely that Murphy will be able to overcome the ticket splitting.

So I read that over 200 million Americans are registered to vote, vs 146m in 2012 (of which 126m went out and actually voted)

This is pretty amazing no? We should expect 180m~ votes?

Most of the new registered voters are democrats as well!
Overall, TargetSmart found that 42.6 percent of the new voters registered this year lean Democratic, and only 29 percent lean Republican (28.4 percent lean independent).

Worse for the GOP, registration trended more Democratic in every single battleground state, from a small margin in Georgia (4.3 percentage points) to massive leads in diversifying states like Colorado (29.3 points), Nevada (20.4 points) and North Carolina (9.2 points).

And since June 1, the trend has been even more stark. In Virginia, TargetSmart’s data show only 11.7 percent of new registrants lean Republican — versus nearly 50 percent expected to lean Democratic.

Across all 15 battlegrounds, the Democratic advantage is nearly 22 percentage points since June 1.

Oh my.

NeoXChaos

Not a very good candidate basically running a generic D campaign against name recognition Rubio. Being outspent 2-1 by Rubio forces with DCCC pulling out from ad spending due to expensive state/resources allocted to cheaper Senate race alternatives. Rubio losing Hispanics to Murphy but no where near as bad as Trump while winning the White vote parity to Trump.

So Cheetos Jesus is coming to my town tomorrow night. This should be interesting considering we are one of only 3 blue Counties in all of the FL Panhandle.

I'm thinking I may have to check out the affair from the periphery. The Repubs in this town are of the Jeb Bush variety. I don't know what he expects to accomplish, except attract Southern Georgia voters

Bowdz

I'll gladly mock 538 for its nonsense this election cycle, but:

hnnng

AWWWWWW YEAH SON!!!!!!

Kander taking down Blunt would be in my top 5 best case scenario events on election day along side taking the House, laughing at Issa losing, and watching Rubitron be destroyed.

Someone can correct me, but IIRC, Rubio is running far ahead of Trump with Cuban's in Florida meaning there are a decent number of people who are ticket splitting. If Hillary blows Trump out in Florida by 6-8% it's possible for Murphy to be dragged across the line, but with the current polling margins, it's unlikely that Murphy will be able to overcome the ticket splitting.

Cubans aren't nearly as monolithic as they used to be. In fact, younger Cubans are just as likely to be Dems as other ethnic cohorts

IMG_20161019_094012.jpg

Not to torture you poor souls anymore, but Rick Wilson's endless oppo tease is now hinting that the Daily Beast story about coke parties and underage models is the "shot" and the chaser is coming soon.

Not to get my hopes up anymore that the "oppo tapes" actually exist, but if this story was put out there just so that Trump can deny it and a tape backing it up appears right after, then oh man.

HylianTom

Banned
We really don't know what's going to happen on Election Night, do we?

I mean.. we know Hillary will win comfortably. But we don't know how far into the traditionally red column she'll reach.
We know the Senate will be ours.. but we don't know the exact seats or margins.
We know we'll make gains in the House, but again, we have no idea as to the extent.

The ceilings on all of these races are so fuzzy. These early voting numbers are starting to look impressive, even in areas that are surprising.

2012 felt like it could've been predicted in each category within a normal range. But 2016? We don't know. And I'm turgid with excitement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom