• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
The more they convince themselves the voting is rigged, the less likely they are to actually show up. I sort of feel bad about being amused by voter suppression, but considering that they are doing it to themselves...

Or they'll do something even more stupid, like en-masse deliberately voting Clinton while claiming to have voted Trump thus engineering an obviously-rigged mega landslide.

Once upon a time I've seen this sort of tactic work. In college about 40 years ago a student deliberately left his heating on all day every day for the whole term. When he got the bill at the end of term he disputed it loudly - "do you realise that for the bill to be this big I'd have had to have my heating on all day every day for the whole term, it's obviously wrong". He won that one.

watershed

Banned
Not just Reddit. All over my Facebook down here. Conspiracy stories about machines changing ballots until you ask for assistance. Warning of certain machines owned by Soros or whatever.

There's gonna be a lot of fake voting conspiracy stories on social media this year.
This was Trump's aim. To create an alternate narrative wherr he loses because its all rigged and his supporters are already twisting real life to fit the narrative.

Or they'll do something even more stupid, like en-masse deliberately voting Clinton while claiming to have voted Trump thus engineering an obviously-rigged mega landslide.

Once upon a time I've seen this sort of tactic work. In college about 40 years ago a student deliberately left his heating on all day every day for the whole term. When he got the bill at the end of term he disputed it loudly - "do you realise that for the bill to be this big I'd have had to have my heating on all day every day for the whole term, it's obviously wrong". He won that one.

While I suppose it isn't impossible, I think it would take an awful lot of votes to create a "rigged" narrative. Thousands upon thousands, and I don't think there's enough coordination or willing participants to make that happen.

sazzy

I've seen quite a few Texans mentioning that their vote had been switched to Clinton/Kaine prior to submission. There has been reports of calibration issues - sounds like they need to calibrate after every vote.

Does anyone know if the opposite has been occurring as well? Clinton ---> Trump.

Edit: Don't take my post as fact, sounds like some of the folks (all?) could be shilling,

frm what I've seen, its the same post gettting cut/pasted or reposted all over the place

CCS

Banned

Damn, I should have done that. Some of the rooms in college didn't half get chilly.

sazzy

is this the post going around your facebook/social media?

if so, its prob shilling

DF2ZgK.png

Maledict

It's like the pencil brigade from the Brexit vote. The far right seems to attract absolute nutters when it comes to democracy and voting.

CCS

Banned
It's like the pencil brigade from the Brexit vote. The far right seems to attract absolute nutters when it comes to democracy and voting.

That was hilarious.

For those of you who aren't familiar, there was a conspiracy theory going round on social media that polling stations were having you use pencil to cast your vote so that secret MI5 agents could then change your vote to Remain.

CCS

Banned
This was the top room in the tower over the lodge - so very chilly indeed, except that one term.

I can imagine, I swear some days it's actually colder inside than outside.

Also, it's the softest, fluffiest thing ever, but I love the With Her podcast. The one with Bill is great, people should definitely listen to it.

thebloo

I stumbled on YouTube videos of Trump supporters with their "predictions" for Nov. 8 in the Electoral College...

Some of them are just so insane, you have to wonder how they learned to use a computer, record their feed and make a video, much less upload it.

I've seen two where they truly believe that lawn signs are the only metric you need, so Trump will easily win New York, and get this, Secret Trump Voters™ will even deliver California.

It feels like the real deal and not just a troll. I had quite the laugh.

Nevar ferget!

sbrTfFg.png

Cerium

I got my fly unzipped, reaching for the lube.

From polling to early voting trends to TV ad spending to ground game, Donald Trump’s Florida fortunes are beginning to look so bleak that some Republicans are steeling themselves for what could be the equivalent of a “landslide” loss in the nation’s biggest battleground state.

Trump has trailed Hillary Clinton in 10 of the 11 public polls conducted in October — according to POLITICO’s Battleground States polling average, Clinton has a 3.4 point lead. Even private surveys conducted by Republican-leaning groups show Trump’s in trouble in Florida, where a loss would end his White House hopes.

“On the presidential race we’ve found Clinton with a consistent 3% - 5% lead in surveys that attempt to reflect Florida’s actual electorate,” Ryan D. Tyson, vice president of political operations for the Associated Industries of Florida business group wrote in a confidential memo emailed to his conservative-leaning members this weekend and obtained by POLITICO.

Though Clinton’s lead is “within the margin of error for this survey, we would suggest that 3% really isn’t as close as it may seem in the state of Florida,” Tyson wrote, estimating a turnout of as much as 71 percent, or as many as 9.2 million Florida voters overall. If that happens and the polling margins hold, Clinton’s raw vote lead over Trump could end up being 275,000 to 460,000 votes.

“This is in all reality a landslide in our great state,” Tyson wrote, echoing the concerns of numerous Florida Republican insiders and experts. “Based on his consistent failure to improve his standing with non-white voters, voters under 50 and females, it seems fairly obvious to us that Mr. Trump’s only hope left in Florida is a low turnout.”

Holmes

lol yeah the voting machines in Texas, a state controlled top to bottom by Republicans, are changing people's votes to the Democrat.

Syncytia

IBD is the one Trump has been citing as the most accurate last election right?

IBD is rigged incoming

Just saw Donald's tweet with his first 100 days in office list. Like...they just took their talking points and put "Act" at the end and it's suddenly a legit policy plan?

Boke1879

IBD is the one Trump has been citing as the most accurate last election right?

IBD is rigged incoming

Just saw Donald's tweet with his first 100 days in office list. Like...they just took their talking points and put "Act" at the end and it's suddenly a legit policy plan?

Bill Mitchell is about to spontaneously combust

I'm hearing alot of broken records in Texas. How about Florida??
Is this the election that proves, against all semblance of idealism and hope, that putting up two strongly disliked candidates (although Hillary's numbers are inching into "merely mediocre" territory) does more to boost turnout than two well-liked and well-qualified candidates?

Because now every side is turning out to make sure the other one doesn't win.

Is this the election that proves, against all semblance of idealism and hope, that putting up two strongly disliked candidates (although Hillary's numbers are inching into "merely mediocre" territory) does more to boost turnout than two well-liked and well-qualified candidates?

Because now every side is turning out to make sure the other one doesn't win.

Is that even the case though? I thought Republican turnout was depressed.

It's good to be back from the darkest timeline.

Too many people in the UK are convinced Trump will win, and some of their newspapers (hello The Daily Mail and Telegraph) are running with the 'just as bad' rhetoric in their editorial content.

If you think the US is divided right now, trust me when I say I have stared into an alternate future and it can get *much* worse. Fortunately it doesn't look like we're heading towards that sequence of events and that the pitfalls have been identified and avoided. The resentment between both Leave and Remain still runs so deep that I don't think you can even talk about battle scars. It's still very much in open wound territory.

Hey guys, I was just voting in Toledo, Texas and something weird happened with my voting machine. I tried to vote for TRUMP, but every time I pressed his name, it cast a vote for Obama instead! I screamed at the machine "why are you doing this!!" and the screen turned into a black skull and it said "I am the Hussein Skull and I am going to take your teeth."

I escaped, but without poll watchers there is literally no way to know of this is happening to other people too afraid to come forward. Please share this!!

Slayven

OMG they are interviewing a trump supporter and he is kissing trump's ass. On Morning Joe

Then they ask him if he is going to vote "Oh no"

sazzy

Hey guys, I was just voting in Toledo, Texas and something weird happened with my voting machine. I tried to vote for TRUMP, but every time I pressed his name, it cast a vote for Obama instead! I screamed at the machine "why are you doing this!!" and the screen turned into a black skull and it said "I am the Hussein Skull and I am going to take your teeth."

I escaped, but without poll watchers there is literally no way to know of this is happening to other people too afraid to come forward. Please share this!!

same thing happened to me here
in sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom