• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

which battleground states would need to be called for Clinton to hit 270 before California polls close?

realistically? NV as long as NC, OH, FL etc are all called by 11:00 EST.

*AZ or NE-2 by 11:00 EST but the networks won't call the race till CA

vP7QY.png

Wilsongt

A criminal funding a criminal who hires criminals.

But ThinkProgress has learned that O’Keefe is not the only convicted criminal working at Project Veritas. The tax-exempt organizations are also home to Robert “Joe” Halderman, a former television producer best known for attempting to blackmail David Letterman.

Halderman served four months in jail at Rikers Island after pleading guilty to second degree felony charges of grand larceny. The charges stemmed from his attempts to blackmail Letterman about the then-Late Night host’s extramarital affairs.

Pyrokai

I want the house so we can fix obamacare. Cause fuck, if we don't, who is going to want to touch healthcare for the next 10-20 years...

This so much.

Is there a chance it can be fixed even with a Republican House and a Democratic Senate?

I hate the current House so much and all its gerrymandered bullshit. One HALF of one BRANCH of government blocking all 3 branches. Disgusts me.

Pixieking

Banned
As they become available. There's no huge district by district exit polling, but they'll ask the generic ballot question in the exit polls. It'll give us a good idea.

Cool...

Relatedly

GOP rushes to save Burr and Blunt

After weeks of standing pat as Sen. Richard Burr slumped in the polls, Senate Republicans are finally putting some money behind the endangered North Carolina senator in one of the most competitive Senate races in the country.

The National Republican Senatorial Committee is placing $2 million in ads behind Burr, who is in a dogfight with Democrat Deborah Ross, sources familiar with the buy said. The committee is also moving to bolster Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) by increasing ads buys by about $600,000 a week over the last two weeks of the election.

avaya

Fantasy cabinet time

Chief of Staff - Cheryl Mills
State - Michael Bloomberg
Treasury - Sheryl Sandberg
SecDEF - Joe Biden
Attorney General - Tom Perez

Senate Judiciary - Patrick Leahy (Kamala 2nd up)
Banking - Elizabeth Forma
Budget - Bernie Sanders

Did Upshot/Sienna release the internals of the NC poll? I am beginning to think the LV model for Republicans is collapsing due to all the rigging claims. ABC poll hinted this.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
A bunch of great polls makes Clinton drop in the 538 model? Is it because trump is +24 in Arkansas? Lol

I have now converted to CNN's New Day,
Morning Joe has been a shit show since debate 3 ended (you guys will say it was always a shit show)

Joe complaining about the Alicia Machado story being planned since February LOL,
Nov 9th Morning Joe episode will be glorious

Good. Chris Cuomo is much more enjoyable than Morning Joe.

Y2Kev

Fantasy cabinet time

SecDEF - Joe Biden

Budget - Bernie Sanders

I don't think Bloomberg would want state.

Also joe Scarborough had a meltdown about Cheryl mills this morning so I would love that.

Fantasy cabinet time

SecDEF - Joe Biden

Budget - Bernie Sanders

no ivanka? shes secretary of state free.

(also lets be real chief of staff is going to be huma)

What the hell? POLK County is voting Democrat?

POLK?! REALLY?

Dat I-4 yo. If you can start cutting into the lead in and around The Villages (Sumter, Lake, etc.) we might be able to start fantasizing about 2020 and an actually sane redistricting. But that's a long way off, and Floriduh finds new and interesting way to disappoint me, constantly.

newjeruse

A bunch of great polls makes Clinton drop in the 538 model? Is it because trump is +24 in Arkansas? Lol
The further we get from a national television event with Hillary the more Trump will close the gap. Been like that all election. It's why I expect Hillary's odds to be around 75% come election day.

Fantasy cabinet time

SecDEF - Joe Biden

Budget - Bernie Sanders
Kerry needs to stick around for few more years as SoS. I dont think I've seen such a consequential and effective SoS in recent history. Saved Afghanisthan from another civil war, Iran nuclear deal, mideast talks, dealing with Russian/Ukraine crisis, putting together the anti ISIS coalition, and whole host of other things I am not remembering. He is really good at this.
Yea it's like +6 irrc
I knew it. I hope the trend continues and Trump keeps up with rigging bullshit. Nice going orange moron.

Burr has been 'forced' to start humping Trump's leg. There has to be some terrifying internals for NC if his teams' best strategy seems to be circle the wagon and protect his share of the GOP vote. A wave in NC, if sustained, would be amazing. I am boycotting the state at the moment, but I really want to go back to Asheville soon. Dat Green Man and Wedge Breweries, yo

NeoXChaos

But increasingly, Rubio’s team and supporters are nervous as Trump’s fortunes appear to wane. They fear that if Trump loses by 5 points, it could signify a Democratic blue wave that swamps Rubio.

“This is the nightmare scenario we’ve all worried about,” said one top Rubio backer who didn’t want to go on record for fear of “poking the Trump people in the eye.”
A Rubio loss would seriously endanger his political career. It would mark his second defeat in a year, having lost the state GOP presidential primary to Trump. “Trump could be directly responsible for one Rubio loss and indirectly responsible for the other,” the Rubio backer said.

Joy ReidVerified account
‏@JoyAnnReid
.@steveschale is right (as usual). The Democrats / @dscc are fools for bailing on Florida's Senate race. Murphy is now viable vs. Rubio.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/trump-clinton-florida-230275#ixzz4O6OqMNfR

The further we get from a national television event with Hillary the more Trump will close the gap. Been like that all election. It's why I expect Hillary's odds to be around 75% come election day.
Well, this is just fundamentally not accurate. The main reason her numbers in 538 haven't gone up is, as per Bad Nate, they can't at this point. 2 weeks out, she's maximized where she is. Other models with less uncertainty continue to move in her favor.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Nice to hear my fellow central Florida Democrats are coming out strong! Hopefully we can drag Murphy cross the finish line

The closer we get to the election, the more confident models get. If Hillary is 5-10% in basically every poll, all models will inch closer and closer to 100%.

Because you just don't gain 5-10% in 2 weeks right before the election.

Can someone explain to me the significance of this image on GAF? Is it an old meme? Did everybody make it their avatars or something? I've never really been able to piece it together.

It's like DinoGAF. I'm just not allowed to know.
PantherLotus had that gif as his avatar and it drove gaf crazy. Its simple as that lol

mclem

So now that it is clear Trump is losing it is time for the party of responsibility to blame Democrats for him existing in the first place...

http://theresurgent.com/yes-the-election-is-being-stolen/

Erik Erickson is now seriously claiming Trump is a clinton plant oh and that Trump's policies and beliefs are.. Democrat-lite...

Once upon a time that was an amusingly plausible story; keep up, Erik!

Now, though? For that to be true, he'd be committing massive character assassination on himself. Trump isn't going to walk away from this undamaged.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Is the gerrymandering so bad at this point that even a double-digit Clinton win won't change the House?

mclem

Not just Reddit. All over my Facebook down here. Conspiracy stories about machines changing ballots until you ask for assistance. Warning of certain machines owned by Soros or whatever.

I love the idea that an Evil Voting Machine would surreptitiously change your vote - and then tell you about it.

If you're going to make an Evil Voting Machine to modify votes, just do it in secret!

Y2Kev

Politico is running a story about how warren and Clinton are frenemies after the election.

This is seriously star magazine level trash.

Teggy

Isn't IBD the one Trump was spewing bullshit about it being the most accurate poll ever?

Yes, and if you read about it, they were the most accurate at the very end of the election, where their very wrong number mysteriously shot up to match the real number.

Is the gerrymandering so bad at this point that even a double-digit Clinton win won't change the House?

Sort of.

If we had known a while back that the win would have this much margin, more resources might have been spent on House seats, and better candidates (or any) might have run.

I still think there's a chance, given that the downside of gerrymandering is weakening even stronger seats to make more of them. But I think there was a lot of lost opportunity in that nobody thought it would even be close.

Ithil

Not just Reddit. All over my Facebook down here. Conspiracy stories about machines changing ballots until you ask for assistance. Warning of certain machines owned by Soros or whatever.

There's gonna be a lot of fake voting conspiracy stories on social media this year.

I wonder if you asked any of those people who Soros even is or what he does, would they have an answer?

Barzul

Man can't wait till I naturalize so I can actually vote in these things. Still doing everything I can by donating and pushed all the people around me to register and vote. Those Florida numbers are looking great. If Murphy somehow beats Rubio, I think Obama might've single-handedly carried him across the finish line. Even with all the Trump BS that kept coming out I couldn't have envisioned that.

Once upon a time that was an amusingly plausible story; keep up, Erik!

Now, though? For that to be true, he'd be committing massive character assassination on himself. Trump isn't going to walk away from this undamaged.

This election is teaching me that there is nothing the National GOP can endure, no stupidity they can muster, no horrific policy they can imagine that is not the fault of the Dems, or just bad PR.

Modern Conservatism cannot fail, it can only be failed. There will be no introspection, no 2016 autopsy; nothing will convince them that this election was anything other than a fluke.

Realizing your base is full of neoNazis, cranks, and oven-meme connoisseurs? "Third-party saboteurs!" You lost women by historic margins? "They all want to have third trimester abortions! We'll teach them, lovingly, why being a broodmare is in all of our interests!" Evidence that Latinxs views of your party have catered? "More fucking taco bowls!"

yeah, the GOP have worked it for 2010 with redraws to the point that Dems have to plan for 2020's redraw

Rachel Maddow had an interesting segment on redistricting last night,
Obama and Holder will get active on a plan for 2020's redraw

Warren has made it clear that appointees are policy and unacceptable appointees will be handled in the same way unacceptable policy would be.

Obama's economic team was not the best in his first term but I give him a pass-he needed proven performers with access to help deal with the 08 meltdown. Hillary should be able to pick from a bigger pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom