• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

Yeah I've been to Atlanta a couple of times. Yeah the traffic can be horrendous like holy shit. I still think Miami is worse though.

johnny956

Holy. Fucking. Christ. Hillary campaign has done some amazing work this political season, but I don't think I blinked once during that entire video. Truly powerful stuff.

It's one thing to see previous articles mentioning the discrimination but this video is substantially more powerful

Breads

Banned
GAeql6T.jpg

Sorry but I will be there within a year, hopefully.

That traffic is legit though. Once I reached Atlanta from FL at around 7-8am one morning. Took me about 2 hours to reach Sandy Springs.

Did y'all see the 538 article about silicon valley donating overwhelmingly to Clinton? It's something like 95% of donation money went to her.

I feel like GAF likes to shit on silicon valley and no one believes me when I claim that aside from a few bad apples it's one of the most progressive areas in the country. Finally I have the numbers I need to back me up.

I too am a silicon valley employee that donated to Clinton!

Pyrokai

I have only been to Atlanta once and that was for the Olympics in 1996. Otherwise, it was just drive through it and cuss the whole way because, shit, the fucking traffic.

It's what happens to cities when state and federal governments only decide to fund ever expanding highways and car-dependant infrastructure. Public transit better in this country is atrocious. There is no reason a city like Atlanta shouldn't have a terrific transit system and dense development, not the sprawling hell it is.

I have only been to Atlanta once and that was for the Olympics in 1996. Otherwise, it was just drive through it and cuss the whole way because, shit, the fucking traffic.

If you can spare an extra 30-40 minutes to save your sanity, SR-27 to I75 let's you bypass most of the Metro fuckery. Ignore the banjos...

I don't think I could stand a place where I have a 1-2 hour commute.

When my company relocated, I went from a 10 minute commute to a half hour and it's terrible. That's an hour of my life that I could be spending not sitting in a car.

Yeah I've been to Atlanta a couple of times. Yeah the traffic can be horrendous like holy shit. I still think Miami is worse though.

Miami is only worse because the highway speed is minimum 90mph or you're gonna get run over. You better know where your exit is, or you're never gonna get over in time.

Quixzlizx

What the hell, Lee Zeldin (R) is up +15 in polling for NY-1.

I'm not surprised anecdotally because I somehow know more Trump supporters than Hillary supporters (through work, not my personal life), but I'm on Long Island!

Another anecdotal observation I've made is that small business owners LOATHE Democrats. They probably have stronger #fuckyougotmine sentiments than 1%ers. Joe the Plumber is real.

KyroLen

Neo Member
So, I don't want to go off topic here in the thread, but it's the only place I've really posted in and so figured I'd post here.

I need some legal advice, from any willing legal expert here at gaf.

Long story short, me and my wife(weren't married at the time) leased a car from a dealership about two years ago. Payments and rent just got too high, couldn't afford it, got repo'd half a year into the lease agreement.

So we got served recently, as we owe the difference between what we paid and what they were able to sell the car for, which is upwards of around 6K.

When this lease was signed I was at work, the car was leased to me with her being the undersigner, but they allowed her to sign my name on the contract. She was not my wife, had no spousal privilege to do so and was not a POA for me.

Does that fact make the whole contract void? And if so, could I actually counter sue them for allowing a vehicle to be leased to me without me actually signing the contract?

Again, way way off topic but I can't post threads as I don't have the privilege yet and I would really appreciate any advice or guidance on any legal recourse I have here.

Breads

Banned
It's what happens to cuties when state and federal governments only decide to fund ever expanding highways and car-dependant infrastructure. Public transit better in this country is atrocious. There is no reason a city like Atlanta shouldn't have a terrific transit system and dense development, not the sprawling hell it is.

What?

Marta is great.

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/790904200863617024

Powerful ad from the Hilary campaign. They found a woman that the Trump Org discriminated against when it came to renting. Got major feels from it. Might be because I'm black...don't know I think most people would get strong feelings from it too. It just really emphasizes how much progress we've made as a country and Trump wants to take us back. No way. Vote people.

Oh boy. That was powerful.

Barzul

So, I don't want to go off topic here in the thread, but it's the only place I've really posted in and so figured I'd post here.

I need some legal advice, from any willing legal expert here at gaf.

Long story short, me and my wife(weren't married at the time) leased a car from a dealership about two years ago. Payments and rent just got too high, couldn't afford it, got repo'd half a year into the lease agreement.

So we got served recently, as we owe the difference between what we paid and what they were able to sell the car for, which is upwards of around 6K.

When this lease was signed I was at work, the car was leased to me with her being the undersigner, but they allowed her to sign my name on the contract. She was not my wife, had no spousal privilege to do so and was not a POA for me.

Does that fact make the whole contract void? And if so, could I actually counter sue them for allowing a vehicle to be leased to me without me actually signing the contract?

Again, way way off topic but I can't post threads as I don't have the privilege yet and I would really appreciate any advice or guidance on any legal recourse I have here.

Hmm I'd post this on r/legaladvice on reddit. Definitely can't suggest anything here as I have zero experience with a legal issue like this.

What the hell, Lee Zeldin (R) is up +15 in polling for NY-1.

I'm not surprised anecdotally because I somehow know more Trump supporters than Hillary supporters (through work, not my personal life), but I'm on Long Island!

Another anecdotal observation I've made is that small business owners LOATHE Democrats. They probably have stronger #fuckyougotmine sentiments than 1%ers. Joe the Plumber is real.

White Small Business owners

black and latinos vote for dems

You should definetly talk to a lawyer before pursuing this. This kind of argument could open your wife up to forgery charges. At best, I think you would get removed from the charge but it would stick to your wife. Not sure if that's any better.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I read the AP story about Trump conceding Pennsylvania and charting a new path to 270. And I just don't get it. I give him the states they identified: Iowa, Florida, North Carolina, Ohio and New Hampshire and I still don't have it at 270. What am I missing?

What?

Marta is great.

MARTA could be great, but White neighborhoods and suburbs keep screaming like children that they don't want stops anywhere near them.

Worst boat-shoe wearing asshole I met in grad-school, who couldn't get into GA Tech used to refer to it as M.A.R.T.A = Moving Africans Rapidly Through Atlanta.

I fucking hate that guy to this day

Iolo

I read the AP story about Trump conceding Pennsylvania and charting a new path to 270. And I just don't get it. I give him the states they identified: Iowa, Florida, North Carolina, Ohio and New Hampshire and I still don't have it at 270. What am I missing?

A link to the story

Barzul

New Hampshire? Is he dreaming?

Halperin is being raked by Beutler and WashPo journo Dana Milbank and Favreau is loving it. So am I.

Cvnn14IXEAAAOWF.jpg

Cvnn29sWYAAeUJ_.jpg

Halperin is a horrid piece of shit. Biggest DC hack in media.

KyroLen

Neo Member
Thanks for the replies, greatly appreciated!!

I did submit the question on reddit, will see what they say. I was def worried that by me taking this course that my wife could take the fall, but at the same time I would think the car dealership would be the one still on the hook as they allowed her to sign for me and they should legally know better then that.

I would think that burden is on them, but we'll see.

Again thank you!

Explain.

Legally you can't stop this after allowing CMCSA-NBC U.

ATT can't zero-rate.
ATT can't favour TWX content (such a business model is doomed to failure given the full price paid for TWX anyway).

You have broadband and mobile under Title II, with the appeals circuit and SCOTUS stacked to defend it.

Where is your NN worry here?

There is no solid evidence that this will actually hurt competition in broadband or mobility - this move is borne out of an impending sense of desperation (T and VZ are losing 500m per Q in mobile service revenue due to TMUS).

Comcast should have never happened and I don't buy this they're gonna not do the bolded

There CEO was on CEO talking about them doing this so they'd own the content they'd produce. They don't want to bid on exclusivity in the future. Will introduce t-mobile type "free data" on services they make money on.

Literally why is the positive? Att isn't going under and we should have people owning the pipelines owning the content. Its a horrible thing for the news media and democracy in general.

and I don't speak in stock signals

Pyrokai

What?

Marta is great.

Yes, I don't doubt that, but it's only half of what it could be. Maybe even a fourth. I'm talking a transit system like New York, London, or any city in Germany as an example. They dwarf most American cities' transit

This isn't unique to Atlanta, btw. The United States in general over funds roads and under funds other forms of transit. Therefore many systems--think BART in San Fran which is in dire need of money for routine repairs--are either in severe need of upgrades after years of neglect and low funding, or just don't exist to the level they should be at all.

Edit: ignore me, though....I didn't mean to go off topic.

thcsquad

What?

Marta is great.

From what I remember when I visited, it didn't go to nearly enough places and even the main lines were 15 minute headways. So it's not gonna be useful to a lot of people. We managed to take it to do some touristy things, but that's it.

Yes, I don't doubt that, but it's only half of what it could be. Maybe even a fourth. I'm talking a transit system like New York, London, or any city in Germany as an example. They dwarf most American cities' transit

This isn't unique to Atlanta, btw. The United States in general over funds roads and under funds other forms of transit. Therefore many systems--think BART in San Fran which is in dire need of money for routine repairs--are either in severe need of upgrades after years of neglect and low funding, or just don't exist to the level they should be at all.

Edit: ignore me, though....I didn't mean to go off topic.

I wouldn't bother with the international comparisons. If you want to see US transit an order of magnitude more useful than Atlanta's, just look at Chicago, Boston, or even DC.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Wait wasn't it a few weeks ago the Trump campaign was pulling out of VA or was that PA? Has he abandoned both states?

Yeah. I think the map linked above is their last stand and probably their only half realistic chance. The biggest flip in that map would be Nevada, which is tough but not impossible like VA and PA.

Boke1879

Yeah. I think the map linked above is their last stand and probably their only half realistic chance. The biggest flip in that map would be Nevada, which is tough but not impossible like VA and PA.

Wow so he has given up on both states. He's toast, his map is shrinking and I'm really wondering what he's going to do next week.

And like you said NV isn't impossible but damn early voting has already started. He's running out of time to change trajectory. Not like he could anyway

jtb

Banned
I feel like Conway never even bothered to try fixing Trump's campaign and dove head-first into cover-your-ass mode from day one. Hit those fucking Sunday shows, I guess.

Pizoxuat

Well, the first polling place we went to this morning had a small gaggle of mid-twenties white guys in red shirts clustered together to observe the polling place. We didn't stop there because the line was really long.

So we headed over to the Disability Rights place that was also serving as a polling location and voted there. No observers, but one likely Trump voter who blew a gasket after finding out that you have to vote in the county you are registered for. He declared that to be "BS!!" and the poor poll worker just asked "... why?" He stormed out before we could hear about how county lines are rigging the election or whatever magic he could have come up with.

+1 for Hillary in Austin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom