• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
tell that to women and minorities, their opposition to affirmative action plans, economic libertarianism, anti-labor stances

Because they like weed and gay people doesn't really mean they're the most progressive, especially economically.

I think LA county/East Bay is actually the most progressive parts of the state
this seems to be true and i've only been here a year. people in silicon valley seem to be down on welfare programs and just tepid on minority issues in general besides brownie points.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Clinton doing a stop with Murphy.

Lets put some adds back up in the last few days!

Can Campaigns run ads for other candidates or join campaigns? "Like vote for this ticket"

Can't they transfer money from the HRC Campaign to the DNC Campaign and have the DNC run them?

I'm referring to the bundled fundraising money. It's quite clear Hillary does not need to run more ads, that money would be better spent elsewhere at this point. I don't see how winning an extra 10 to 30 delegates would change anything. But winning an extra senate seat certainly could.

Kangi

My favorite instance of Diablosing/bedwetting this year was the Howard Dean comment. Panicky posts that spanned multiple days. Do you recall a single news outlet covering it? No, but it was still going to sink Hillary's campaign and why won't Dean just shut up and go away he's ruining everything I can't believe he did this oh m--

My favorite instance of Diablosing/bedwetting this year was the Howard Dean comment. Panicky posts that spanned multiple days. Do you recall a single news outlet covering it? No, but it was still going to sink Hillary's campaign and why won't Dean just shut up and go away he's ruining everything I can't believe he did this oh m--

Mainstream? No. Cable news? Yes.

Pixieking

Banned
Clinton doing a stop with Murphy.

Lets put some adds back up in the last few days!

Can Campaigns run ads for other candidates or join campaigns? "Like vote for this ticket"

Short answer Yes, but there are rules...

Dems use loophole to pump millions into fight for the House
Typically, Federal Election Commission regulations limit parties to just $48,100 of spending in direct coordination with most House candidates. But under a decade-old FEC precedent, candidates who word their TV ads a certain way — including references to generic “Democrats” and “Republicans” as well as specific candidates — can split the cost of those ads with their party, even if that means blowing past the normal coordinated spending caps.

NOT THE EAGLE. FUCK. TRUMP 2016

imgp8780e5s16.jpg

Veelk

Banned
The most frustrating thing about this emails thing is that it seems it's a new non-problem every goddamn day. Just yesterday, I overheard my mom and dad watching Fox news and they basically agreed that Obama lied about knowing Hillary's email thing and how corrupt they both were and all that.

If this was a single instance, I'd happily learn about it and come to my own conclusions. But there's SO MUCH of it that learning the intricacies of how and why each of them is BS is exhausting. Now I just check here if people are actually panicking, and if not, I just assume it's nothing, but I no longer keep up with how or why it's nothing because there's only so much time in the day.

Boke1879

The most frustrating thing about this emails thing is that it seems it's a new non-problem every goddamn day. Just yesterday, I overheard my mom and dad watching Fox news and they basically agreed that Obama lied about knowing Hillary's email thing and how corrupt they both were and all that.

If this was a single instance, I'd happily learn about it and come to my own conclusions. But there's SO MUCH of it that learning the intricacies of how and why each of them is BS is exhausting. Now I just check here if people are actually panicking, and if not, I just assume it's nothing, but I no longer keep up with how or why it's nothing because there's only so much time in the day.

Here's the thing. Anyone who wants to believe this stuff will. But I think majority of people just don't care. Unless she sold secrets or it showed she's having citizens killed there's nothing here. If anything it shows we need to up our security.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Didn't Bayh have a 10-point lead like a week or two ago? The hell happened there.

They've been running the "Bayh abandoned Indiana for selfish reasons while others were losing jobs" ads nonstop. They're pretty well put-together, actually. Bayh still is going to win.

They'll just ask him about his email. I dunno.
oh yeah true. maybe this is as visible of an endorsement he'll make.

Says Trump"selling ppl a bill of goods." Says he is not qualified and has insulted huge swath of people. Full throttled Hillary endorsement https://twitter.com/brodskyrobert/status/790975972413739008
Colin Powell on Donald Trump: "he insults us every day." Says he insults his supporters w/ his actions https://twitter.com/brodskyrobert/status/790976357627006976

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Also, Powell endorses Clinton.

Who was it in here that was telling me I was wrong a couple weeks ago for predicting that high-profile republicans would start publicly stating they'll vote for Hillary?

Fox318

I mean there are some ecological concerns when it comes to wind farms. Isn't that why there is a bigger push for offshore farms away from migration routes?

Also I remember reading a story that there were some cases of epileptic seizures due to the sun flashing between blades in some towns in Holland.

Still no reason not to use wind power.

joebruin

has hillary run a commercial with that video of trump singing her praises from like 2008?

this message approved by donald trump haha

colorado commies: how is Amendment 69 polling? Here and Now on NPR had a story on it today and I found both the for and against arguments interesting.

bird impacts from wind turbines are not very significant and easily mitigated by proper siting. Habitat loss due to other development, tall building impacts, and domestic cats kill orders of magnitude more songbirds per year.

I mean there are some ecological concerns when it comes to wind farms. Isn't that why there is a bigger push for offshore farms away from migration routes?

Also I remember reading a story that there were some cases of epileptic seiuzres due to the son flashing between blades in some towns in holland.

Quite. Coal power kills many many many people one way or another.

Where are you guys even seeing some of this? Are you literally reading Wikileaks? Twitter? Dumb Facebook posts? Why? I don't even see this shit on any major news sites. Adam's right, unless it's being blared across the nightly news, why are you torturing yourselves?

Mac_Lane

Where are you guys even seeing some of this? Are you literally reading Wikileaks? Twitter? Dumb Facebook posts? Why? I don't even see this shit on any major news sites. Adam's right, unless it's being blared across the nightly news, why are you torturing yourselves?

The Powell endorsement just dropped on Twitter. Should be published on major news sites any time now.

I wonder if this opens the floodgates.

Why? Powell endorsing Obama turned him into a Commie in the eyes of GOP voters. Any undecided or soft GOP voter that was going to be turned by this news, left about the time Trump bombed the first debate.

It might attract some retired military voters, but that's a stretch and a small number either way.

Also I remember reading a story that there were some cases of epileptic seiuzres due to the son flashing between blades in some towns in holland.

Humans will always disturb something no matter what. Even if you stood still and just breathe, you are affecting your environment. The goal is to minimize those disturbances and wind does that compared to coal. Suck to those birds that are getting killed locally but that's why you don't put them in areas where they can cause a lot of avian mortality.

Big-name Republicans just give leaner Republicans more excuses to switch on election day and (more likely)demoralize others. Every endorsement is a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom